TV Coverage (1 Viewer)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    4.30'd be better for me actually,since i go to school at around 6.45 every day anyway.:)

btw,the last time i went to australia was actually during the start of the euros this year,i went to adelaide and was amazed at the amount of coverage,or lack thereof.i remember the news said something about 2 live rugby matches that evening,and shortly after told the viewers to listen in to the radio for commentary on portugal-spain:groan:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ESPN Deportes usually show about four games per weekend. Two La Liga and two Serie A. Sometimes we get a bit of Dutch Eredivisie as well.

In midweek it's six CL games (3 Tuesday, 3 Wednesday). Two live, the rest delayed.

:thumb:

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Elnur, I think Telelatino is the Candaian version of RAI. I live in USA and get Rai International and Gol TV on Dish Network. Gol comes with the 150 channel package and Rai is an extra $10 per month. Last season, I think I saw 29 or 30 of Juve's 34 Serie A matches, and all of the Coppa Italia matches, so it is worth looking into.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    we get 9 live EPL matches a week on ESPN and Star Sports,5 La Liga,5 Serie A(usually 4 live) and up to five champions league matches in midweek.we do get the occaisional celtic-rangers and english div 1 match as well.

there's full coverage of the FA cup and League Cup too:groan:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    Elnur, I think Telelatino is the Candaian version of RAI. I live in USA and get Rai International and Gol TV on Dish Network. Gol comes with the 150 channel package and Rai is an extra $10 per month. Last season, I think I saw 29 or 30 of Juve's 34 Serie A matches, and all of the Coppa Italia matches, so it is worth looking into.
    TLN doesn't get RAI coverage anymore. They have British commentators now.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Thanks for this useful piece of information.

Quick questions...

1. Gol TV is in Spanish, right?
    2. What kind of stuff do they (Gol TV) show, in relation to Rai?
    3. Is Rai in Italian only?
    4. Is there a way to get Gol TV separately (without having to subscribe to "America's top 180" package?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    1. Yep
    2. All soccer, all the time. Some live Serie A games, but many other games delayed throughout the week. Plus games from Spain, Brasil, Ecuador, Columbia, etc. I think maybe even some UEFA Cup and Champions League games too. Then crappy shows like Real Madrid TV.
    3. Solo in italiano.
    4. You can get the Latino packages which come cheaper and include Gol TV -- just not all the other channels (which you may not want). Which oddly are pretty appealing for someone who doesn't even speak Spanish, btw (many of the channels with the Latino packages are in English). I had considered going that route, but opted for RAI instead -- given that I wanted to continue learning Italian.

For those signing up for the Dish Network to get RAI, at least in the U.S., let me give you a tip that might save you $100. Typically RAI is broadcast on a separate satellite from their main basic programming satellite. They will charge you an extra $100 for installation of that second dish.

However, when I got my setup a year ago or so, I managed to speak with an incredibly helpful woman in customer service. I also wanted local channels (another $5-6/month), and apparently my local channels came over the same satellite as RAI. So she set it up so that the one extra dish covered both. Since Dish offered free installation and setup of a second dish for local channel subscribers, I got that free and then slapped RAI on top of that for just the monthly fee of $10.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    1. Yep
    2. All soccer, all the time. Some live Serie A games, but many other games delayed throughout the week. Plus games from Spain, Brasil, Ecuador, Columbia, etc. I think maybe even some UEFA Cup and Champions League games too. Then crappy shows like Real Madrid TV.
    3. Solo in italiano.
    4. You can get the Latino packages which come cheaper and include Gol TV -- just not all the other channels (which you may not want). Which oddly are pretty appealing for someone who doesn't even speak Spanish, btw (many of the channels with the Latino packages are in English). I had considered going that route, but opted for RAI instead -- given that I wanted to continue learning Italian.

For those signing up for the Dish Network to get RAI, at least in the U.S., let me give you a tip that might save you $100. Typically RAI is broadcast on a separate satellite from their main basic programming satellite. They will charge you an extra $100 for installation of that second dish.

However, when I got my setup a year ago or so, I managed to speak with an incredibly helpful woman in customer service. I also wanted local channels (another $5-6/month), and apparently my local channels came over the same satellite as RAI. So she set it up so that the one extra dish covered both. Since Dish offered free installation and setup of a second dish for local channel subscribers, I got that free and then slapped RAI on top of that for just the monthly fee of $10.
    Swag, thanks for the info ;)

I could add Rai to any package I buy, correct?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Yep. RAI comes a la carte. ;)
    Ok, so you've had RAI for a year. On the website they say they show european competitions. How many games do they show (if any) as far as CL and UEFA goes?

Is this particular RAI programing for US audiences, or it is a global thing?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Another question to the satellite experts.

Can you "split" the signal so that it goes to several TVs? (similar to what you can do with regular cable)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    853 is Spanish language. I just watched Brescia vs. Juve on 407 in English. The English commentators love to butcher the Italian names.
    Like "Del Pie-jeiro"

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Ok, so you've had RAI for a year. On the website they say they show european competitions. How many games do they show (if any) as far as CL and UEFA goes?
    I've only seen Italy NT games on RAI Int'l as far as international competitions go. CL and UEFA Cup, etc., are likely licensed differently where they don't have the international distribution rights.

Is this particular RAI programing for US audiences, or it is a global thing?
    Pretty much global in a sense, since satellite feeds of it are shared across country boundaries. But there are about 4-5 satellite feeds, and for all I know they could differ. Each satellite has slightly different broadcast schedules.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Another question to the satellite experts.

Can you "split" the signal so that it goes to several TVs? (similar to what you can do with regular cable)
    Theoretically, you might be able to rig something up to do that -- as long as you can ensure there are no impedance mismatches in the coax cable.

But you may not realize that almost all TVs and VCRs are built "cable ready" but not "satellite ready". You need a receiver to modulate the satellite signals down into something a TV can receive (typically with the TV set to either channel 3 or 4 in the U.S.). So if you want to have different rooms in the house watching different channels, you'd need a tuner for each room to mix the signal down to each of the different TVs. The satellite providers offer receivers that can handle multiple channels -- which is a must if you want to record something while watching something else live -- but for a fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)