Tuz Meet Up in Cardiff (11 Viewers)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Opening the stadium would have been cool, but I don't think that failing to do that makes them responsible for what happened at San Carlo - it's still a $#@! move if it really was purely down to financial reasons, but you couldn't realistically expect something like that.

And again, I wasn't there, and I'm not an expert in these matters. But could you give me an example as to why the organisation has been shambolic? Might sound condescending here, but it's an honest question. From what I've seen so far, even from other eyewitnesses (http://derstandard.at/2000058734713/Augenzeuge-auf-derPiazza-San-Carlo-Es-war-der-Horror, it's in German, sorry), there's nothing that could really be blamed on the authorities - apart from the mentioned glass bottles.

So as far as I see it, those things can simply happen at mass events.
As I wrote in the article, 30,000 people in a square that isn't even amongst the ten largest in Italy was potentially lethal. Simply way overcrowded. in 2015 there were two screens in the Piazza, this year only one. Had there been two screens not everybody would have surged to the front of the crowd trying to gain a view. by the second half I couldn't move.

The Carabinieri let street vendors sell glass bottles in the square all day with impunity. That simply wouldn't be allowed in any well organised country.

Why hold a public screening in an enclosed Piazza with only two possible exits?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Juventus aren't responsible for the San Carlo incident, they don't seem to have managed the event. But as a club they should do more for the fans. Other clubs do more, even Glasgow Rangers had screens showing the game in their stadium when they got to the UEFA final years ago. It is a simple way to create an event for fans and ensure their safety.

For the final itself they should do more for tickets, they sell very few as ticket only and instead only let you buy the remainder with expensive travel packages.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Juventus aren't responsible for the San Carlo incident, they don't seem to have managed the event. But as a club they should do more for the fans. Other clubs do more, even Glasgow Rangers had screens showing the game in their stadium when they got to the UEFA final years ago. It is a simple way to create an event for fans and ensure their safety.

For the final itself they should do more for tickets, they sell very few as ticket only and instead only let you buy the remainder with expensive travel packages.
Spot on.

OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #227
    Nice, we need to figure out what works, for the 2019 final :baus:
    so i was:
    -in Turin for 2017 final
    -in final host city (Berlin) for 2015
    -at home for 2003
    -didn't watch any of 96-98 finals

seems nothing works, any ideas for the future?

actually they won't be needed most probably :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)