Tudor To Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
under ancelotti tudor was the best central defender in the country. thats no exaggeration.

he had everything, strength, height, strong tackle, decent pace and so on.

then lippi though he was zidane and played him in midfield. the old weed in the cigars again.

if we actually play him in defense when hes fit hell regain fitness. when you come back from an injury youre not supposed to sit on the bench for 3 months.

PRIME EXAMPLE: against lazio. tudors fit. instead of giving him a chance, we play iuliano, who had a good game. but tudor at his best is better then iuliano at his best. hes simply one of our best defenders if given the chance.
Too good post..........he isnt so running capable....but there is NO player on the earth that can out-jump him when he is playing in DC.

BTW....when he is fit.....he is better than any our transfer target this season(defense)!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
He is good and deserve to stay
he is the only non midfielder non attacker who is able to score great golas in critical games
have a fast review over the last 2 seasons
what a wonderfull gola in Depor last year
Yeah, but he was playing midfield when he scored that sweet volley against Depor. A lovely goal nevertheless though.

Jul 28, 2002
tudor the midfieler??id sell him in a flash...bag of poo

Tudor the defender, was once a supreme champion, but injuries and a new positions rocked him.

Send him back to cb and pray he get fit, cos he is a champion at cb.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He's still young enough 25/26, that he could be a factor for this team if he's healthy. I think a lot of his health problems have to do with Lippi's infatuation with putting him in midfield all the time. Why would you want to put him out there in a position that requires so much mobility when you know he constantly gets injured??

What do I know.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
lippi once played fresi at DM too,and the similarity between the two(tudor and fresi) is that both score alot of goals for defenders.

coincidence?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
lippi once played fresi at DM too,and the similarity between the two(tudor and fresi) is that both score alot of goals for defenders.

coincidence?
Fresi doesn't score that often.. and 90% of Tudor's goals are from set pieces. only the Depor goal and a couple other weren't.
He also scored more often when he was a defneder back in Ancelotti's time.

so I think he should stay in defense. The DM position isn't good for him and it won't make him score more often and it's too much for him. It's very tough to alternate roles. Zambrotta does a great job in differnet positions but that's because they are similar tacticly. CB and DM or totally different.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Right now, the only concern on Tudor's future is his fitness.

As for his midfield flings, the experience gained there could be very beneficial for him if he ever reverts to a CB again. Things learnt from playing in a different role can often be invaluable in other positions. Desailly is a good example. Zambrotta's another. Pirlo as well.

That's the glass that's half-full.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
being available for 10 to 15 games a season isnt good enough my opinion. a good defender when fully fit and in form? yes, that he is. but whats the point when he never is in that state.

Arsenal have a abit of cash these days, if they offered 10 million euros, they could have him. not sure what he would be worth to be honest, however, i'm sure selling him and using the money to bring in a player like mexes or ferrari would be a great transfer.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Tudor and Toure are totally different players as you know, so i dont think that is a very realistic swap.
Iuliano and Montero are old now, and they aren't any good. So its more important than ever to keep Tudor at the moment.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, it's not like he's that bad or anything...

the constant injuries are frustrating as hell, but he's a good defender when he's on the field

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
I liked Tudor but, he is injured so often that he cannot help the team too much. I think its not just bad luck, he is probably made from weak material or I dunno. The problem is that he collected about every possible kind of injuries, ankle, shoulder, back, chest, muscle, ligament; torn, pulled, dislocated, fractured etc. He is Medical Vocabulary personified.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)