Tudor To Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I personally think that if Tudor wasn't so frequently injured and was actually given a chance by Lippi, he might be able to perform like the commanding centre-back he once was, but it doesn't look like Lippi is planning on giving Igor the chances he deserves any time soon so I would let him go.

PS. If Arsenal get Tudor they'll probably forget about Mexes.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
He is good and deserve to stay
he is the only non midfielder non attacker who is able to score great golas in critical games
have a fast review over the last 2 seasons
what a wonderfull gola in Depor last year

OP

tomijanac

Nov 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    I think that he can fit nicely in Arsenal...if he can score in serie a he can definetly score in premiership...

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    I'm sure if Tudor was given more chances, and maybe even been a first team regular he would become one of the best. Personally i think him and Legrotagglie should start every match together. That could be a strong defense by time.
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    I personally think that if Tudor wasn't so frequently injured and was actually given a chance by Lippi, he might be able to perform like the commanding centre-back he once was, but it doesn't look like Lippi is planning on giving Igor the chances he deserves any time soon so I would let him go.

PS. If Arsenal get Tudor they'll probably forget about Mexes.
    Guys, Tudor spends 5/6 of his time injured! The question should be why is he always injured?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    the situation can and most probably will change.he's been injured alot of the time but as long as we keep him at the back(we've got a dozen other DMS already) and he continues to play regularly before long he'll regain his form.even now it's obvious that he hasn't lost his touch.he's still got the potential to be a really great defender.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I just can't imagine Tudor in Arsenal... And Arsenal we're also buying Antti Niemi (from Southampton) just few days ago, I think that those are just useless rumours... Anyway, Tudor deserves a chance, but don't really mind if we can buy Mexes and/or Squillaci (or Ferrari or someone else GOOD and TALENTED defender)...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    because he is injury prone and played out of position.rehab(he's already had alot of that) and better decision making on lippi's part can fix those problems.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    Tudor is great player , it is just he didn't had enough time to play and prove it , am sure !
    Here is my take on Tudor. He has always been expected to deliver but everytime injury sidelines him. Statistics will prove this.
    Tudor will be 26 years old come 16th April 2004. He joined Juve in 1998 and in his five seasons upto last season he has cumulatively played 93 matches.This averages to 18.6 matches per season. Effectively we use him for half a season only, less if you include CL & the Coppa matches. Do you really expect Tudor to be a regular?
    Now since you raised the Del Piero issue Master Kush I will use him as an example.
    Del Piero will be 30 years come 9/11/2004. He joined Juve in 1993. And for the past 10 seasons he has played 246 matches. This averages to 24.6 games per season. Can you imagine what it would be like had it not been for his injuries?
    Conclusion:
    I say if we cannot & are reasonably sure that we can't trace Tudor's multitude injury problems then it is better to let him go.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
    Remember the time when ManUre was sent home with Fergies offer of around 30milEuros? He was then among best DC in the world.....and our 3. best scorer....think about that Moggi
    30M Euros??? I think it was 3M Euros
    I don`t think that any manager would have refused an offer of 30M Euros for Tudor
    He is a good defender but he is slow and very prone to injuries.
    I remember Man Utd wanted him but I think the offer was 3M and not 30M

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I have always liked Tudor when playing on the back line. He is very good in the air, and until this year he was scoring a few goals. But since the injuries, all form went to the shitter.

Square

Oct 6, 2002
    under ancelotti tudor was the best central defender in the country. thats no exaggeration.

he had everything, strength, height, strong tackle, decent pace and so on.

then lippi though he was zidane and played him in midfield. the old weed in the cigars again.

if we actually play him in defense when hes fit hell regain fitness. when you come back from an injury youre not supposed to sit on the bench for 3 months.

PRIME EXAMPLE: against lazio. tudors fit. instead of giving him a chance, we play iuliano, who had a good game. but tudor at his best is better then iuliano at his best. hes simply one of our best defenders if given the chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)