tudor,montero,camo&zalayeta out..torres&lequi in (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
What's this about selling Camo? It makes no sense. I agree, he is inconsistent, but when on form he is a very good player. If Lippi chooses to play Zambrotta on the right and get Evra, then so be it, but Camo would still be a very useful bench/rotation player. Unless we're going to get Joaquin or Marchionni, it doesn't make sense getting rid of camo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
I don't believe that Atletico will ever consider selling Torres. Atletico does not see itself as a small club that develops players for the big clubs. It believes itself to be a big club and sees Torres as its symbol.

I agree with Stuart that Camor is a useful player who has had a up and down season. At times he has been shite, but he is one of the very few in the Juve midfield who is a creative, attacking talent. Camoranesi should remain in bianconero.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah when on form Camoranesi is one of the best right-side crossers in the Serie A. I am not sure what more Marchionni would add instead of Camo.

About Torres, Atletico Madrid has said numerus times that they will not sell Torres. Even if Atletico would sell him I think they would be rather dumb to accept this offer instead of taking 35 million Euros from Chelsea. Sorry, but I don't think Torres will be bianconeri any time soon. Gilardino is a better finisher anyway.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
What's this about selling Camo? It makes no sense. I agree, he is inconsistent, but when on form he is a very good player. If Lippi chooses to play Zambrotta on the right and get Evra, then so be it, but Camo would still be a very useful bench/rotation player. Unless we're going to get Joaquin or Marchionni, it doesn't make sense getting rid of camo.
Agreed. Even if we move Zambrotta to his natural RM position and get Evra to replace him, if one of the two gets injured, then Camo can come into the team and help out. If Zambro gets injured, sub Camo straight in. If Evra gets injured, put Zambro back at LB and chuck Camo on the wing. Good system IMO

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Agreed. Even if we move Zambrotta to his natural RM position and get Evra to replace him, if one of the two gets injured, then Camo can come into the team and help out. If Zambro gets injured, sub Camo straight in. If Evra gets injured, put Zambro back at LB and chuck Camo on the wing. Good system IMO
Jeez Graham, your really big on putting Zambrotta back at RM.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That's right.

I think we're wasting him a bit at LB. Sure, he'd be truly stellar if LB was his natural position and he was as good at getting forward and creating chances as he is.

The thing is though, he's not a natural born defender, and his defensive duties cause him to run back a lot, and that means first of all that we get caught out in defence because we have a gap there, and secondly he's not gonna be able to attack all the time when we need him. Zambro is absolutely brilliant going forward, he can dribble, he can cross and he can shoot better than Appiah or Davids.

I'd like to see him at least have the chance to play in the right or left midfield roles, because right now he has no choice but to play at LB until we find a good replacement

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i would do this deal, even if it seems a little strange as such.

as for Camoranesi, i think on his day he is a good player, but he is hot and cold. i think we need more consistancy in the team and this is what has been our major problem this season. Tudor is the same, he plays one good game, one bad game and then is injured for a month. its not what we need at the club. juve were successful in the mid to late 90's because we had consistant players who played more than 80% of the season. These days it seems we have many players free riding at the club.

And we also must remember that nothing is concrete as yet for next season. kapo, ferrari, bonera, gilardino and so on are heavily rumoured, they are not done deals until they are wearing the shirt at the press conference.

we must keep open minded and look towards the future. Camoranesi is living off a reputation from his first half of a season in his first season at the club. since, he has been inconsistant and has only shown some of that form. Same as Tudor, back in the Lotti days, he was great, but he is there based from he did those two seasons. And the list goes on at the club.

its time to put the foot down like we did back in 94/95 and start making the changes.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@Graham: Zambro is a great left back though. I'd only move him back to the right wing if we get Evra, and I'm sure that Lippi is taking into consideration the fact that the only place for Zambrotta in the Azzurri team is at left back. He's not the type of player that Trap is going to play in that attacking trio behind the front man.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
zambro wouldnt be that bad though if he was played as that attacking right winger in traps formation. he does have very good offensive skills as well.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah, thats because italy has no other left back who suits traps' style of play. i'm sure that many would agree that if zambro was still playing as a right winger, he would be first still be first choice.

looking at the other names.

fiore- great player but is better when played behind the forwards.
camo- IF, and i mean if, he decides to play well in a game, he is good. but zambro is notch up better than him.
Marchionni- hasnt proved himself as such.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
When you say Marchionni hasn't proven himself you mean with the NT, right? because he has had a great season in Serie A. Gilardino has definitely been the star for Parma this year, but alot of the good things that Parma did were through Marchionni.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah, i mean for the national team. but then again, i could contradict myself because i believe that gilardino, cassano, miccoli, maresca and a few others who are in the same boat as marchionni should be there as well.

me personally, i would probably have marchionni ahead of camo, but it wont happen.

OP
Mar 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #55
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
    Yeah when on form Camoranesi is one of the best right-side crossers in the Serie A. I am not sure what more Marchionni would add instead of Camo.

About Torres, Atletico Madrid has said numerus times that they will not sell Torres. Even if Atletico would sell him I think they would be rather dumb to accept this offer instead of taking 35 million Euros from Chelsea. Sorry, but I don't think Torres will be bianconeri any time soon. Gilardino is a better finisher anyway.
    about camo i agree but i think we should get evra and use zambrotta as a RM.
    and about torres...u r right but i hope i'll see him as a biancanero at future.

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by FORZA DEL PIERO ] ++
    i've just heared it that juve offered athletico madrid to give montero,zalayeta,camo and tudor to them and get torres(20)and lequi(23)...what do u think about it?i personaly agree:cool:
    Bad deal IMO. If it was Montero and Zalayeta and perhaps either Camo OR tudor to get Torres and Lequi I probably would have agreed to it, but that's a lot of sacrifice. As much as we all want Camo or Tudor out there's still no certain players to replace them

and what Marchionni would add? CONSISTENCY. I love Camo's football but no longer can we wait for Dr. Jekyll's form to come up, those are unnecessary risks and if you want to perform on your own will you can get out from the club, you are SUPPOSED to perform all the time.

I love Marchionni...

OP
    Mar 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #58
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    why not try for becks. real want thuram, give them camo as well if they like. becks on the right would be nice.
    BECKS?!!!!!!!!!!!my God!
    he changed to 5% of becks of UTD at madrid and would be changed to 1%(or even less)of becks of UTD at italy.
    if u get him his crosses then there would be remained nothing.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    That's right.

I think we're wasting him a bit at LB. Sure, he'd be truly stellar if LB was his natural position and he was as good at getting forward and creating chances as he is.

The thing is though, he's not a natural born defender, and his defensive duties cause him to run back a lot, and that means first of all that we get caught out in defence because we have a gap there, and secondly he's not gonna be able to attack all the time when we need him. Zambro is absolutely brilliant going forward, he can dribble, he can cross and he can shoot better than Appiah or Davids.

I'd like to see him at least have the chance to play in the right or left midfield roles, because right now he has no choice but to play at LB until we find a good replacement

Well ifZambo will play well as lb all the depends on the quality of the central backs, and if one(or two) midfielders can move to the left and doesn't go forward too much whenever Zambo attacks. If that's all good, Zambo would have a lot of freedom too roam down the left side and attack freely.

Actually I'd like to see him as rmf back though. Seeing as how our squad is almost the same as least year's squad, and i rate Maresca better than Davids. We should have a good formation, I think we were a bit unlucky this year, made some bad decisions and our aging defense has been exposed.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    why not try for becks. real want thuram, give them camo as well if they like. becks on the right would be nice.
    Why not try for Becks? I'll tell you why:

He's a winger without pace...I suppose that's exactly what we need, another slow player who delights in long shots with low probability of scoring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)