TSN and ESPN (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
I wonder if anyone knows exact relationship between ESPN and TSN........as detailed as possible, but any little piece of info would help. I'm in the process of sending ESPN a complaint letter (which will hardly help, but it's an effort) and I just want to be sure of what I'm talking about.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
nosubstitute959
Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Is one of them a parent company to the other? I've heard something to that extent but I'm not really sure. I've also tried e-mailing TSN and got a auto-reply saying they can't reply because they get too many e-mails. :undecide:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

:LOL: Turner Classic Movies is a bore
    Yeah, it's a channel for senior citizens. This guy Turner is really cool- used to own CNN... he was giving a speech during my college graduation ceremony.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I think that the dude who owns ESPN owns TSN as well. On tsn.ca, it says that they (TSN) have been under new ownership since Sept. 2001. If I can remember correctly, this is the same time that TSN changed their sports news show's name to "SportsCentre", same as ESPN, and got that same theme music in the beginning. TSN has a sister station called ESPN Classic Canada, so that's where I get my theory from.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    That's disappointing. If they were owned by the same person I would've had a point to argue but now I'll just be quiet. :undecide:
    Sorry about that man, I'm an idiot:down:. But anyways, what was it that you wanted to complain about?

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    lol......you're not to blame. I was going to send a complaint letter to the president of ESPN since I thought it operates both networks. I was going to complain about the fact that US viewers get nothing but a CL game each matchday while the Candian viewers get so much more.........simplest example EURO 2004.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    For CL, we get the same as you, but in Australia and South America, they show more. As for Euro 2004, yeah I guess we did get a crapload of coverage. Meh. So you get TSN in California?

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    No no........I only get ESPN. But since I thought they were operated by the same company and the airing decisions were being taken by the same people, I thought I should complain.........but no need now.

I'm actually in Louisiana not Los Angeles. :)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Wow, my stupidity is quite evident by now, mistakening LA for Los Angeles. Maybe I should just shut up lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)