Trofeo Berlusconi (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I really don't wanna say anything about future signings until I see it on the official site. I'm sick of disappointments :groan:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think this match speaks volumes.

First of all, we need a decent back-up for Trezeguet, Zalayeta seems to be trying hard but he is just simply not good enough. I think we will really miss Di Vaio. I'd be happy with signing Inzaghino (Simone).

The second point is that if Thuram will operate in central defence, then we also need a decent right-back. Zebina isn't a natural right-back and would instead be a good back-up for the possible Cannavaro-Thuram partnership. Oddo/Trabelsi would be a good signing.

Back to the match itself. I think it was reassuring, as I personally didn't expect a good performance nor a good result. But it seems we are in a better shape than Milan thanks to our Champions League qualification match. But still they looked the better team and wasted alot of chances, especially by Kaka and Serginho.

Our best players were Chimenti and Olivera, who is going to be a star this season. Capello seems to be doing wonders to young talents as he also 'discovered' Mancini at Roma. Del Piero looked frustrated throughout the first half as he didn't threaten the goal or score as he always does in the Berlusconi matches.

Looking forward to watching our 'complete' team with Trezeguet, Nedved, (Cannavaro), Buffon all playing.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i hate to break it to u guys, but this doesnt mean anything. we beat milan last season, but we were crap.

but....it's sure as hell feels good when u win :D

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Saying our defence is good because we kept a clean sheet against Milan is ridiculous. That is how Moggi seems to look at these things! He sees - We didn't concede any goals so our defence needs no reinforcements.

According to all reports, Juve's defence wasn't fine at all and it was only Milan being wasteful in front of goal that prevented them from putting 2-3 goals past Juve.

We got lucky in this game - we won't get lucky in every game against the big teams in Serie A next season!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)