Trezeguet (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
David Trezeguet is eager to become a key figure for Juventus in the New Year after finally shrugging off his knee injury.

The French striker is back at Coach Marcello Lippi’s disposal and is looking forward to contributing to further success.

"In the six months of this season that are remaining I want to give my very best to this club in a bid to win something important," he told French newspaper ‘L’Equipe.’

"We are definitely stronger than last season even if you can’t compare us to Real Madrid on the entertainment scale."

The international striker has rarely featured so far this term due to a knee tendon problem that he picked up in August.

But the forward was always confident that he could return, especially after witnessing the comeback of Ronaldo who suffered a similar problem after the 1998 World Cup.

"I used his comeback as an example," added Trezegol. "I thought about his knee problems and his two operations and that provided a lesson for me. I knew that I could get over this hurdle."

Trezeguet is set to start against Perugia on Sunday and judging by the Bianconeri’s performance in the 1-0 loss to Reggina on Wednesday, his club certainly need him.

The former Monaco man ended last season as the Serie A joint top-scorer with 24 goals as Juve were crowned champions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)