Trezeguet who? (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Capello: Trezeguet who?
Monday 1 November, 2004

Juventus boss Fabio Capello is happy that the absence of star striker David Trezeguet is not affecting their campaign.

The Bianconeri have won every game since the Frenchman was told that he wouldn’t feature again until the New Year because of a shoulder injury.

The latest victory came on Sunday when they won 3-0 against Chievo to make it eight wins and one draw in their first nine games – a Serie A record.

"If there are no more serious injuries then there will be no need to buy in the January transfer window," stated the tactician.

"We are in good shape as we are. I have a big squad and sooner or later, everybody will get a chance to play. We also have some interesting youngsters."

One man who is catching the eye is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as the summer signing from Ajax has now scored four goals in the top-flight.

"Ibrahimovic scores but also allows others to score," added the Coach. "I’m happy for him and for us."

The Bianconeri have had an amazing start to the season when you consider that they have also won all three of their Champions’ League games.

Now Capello wants that record to continue on Wednesday when they travel to Bayern Munich.

"We need to keep going down this path and concentrate on Europe now," he noted. "But we are only at the beginning."

Pavel Nedved is also eyeing up the three points in Germany. "We are going there in order to wrap up qualification," said the Czech.

"We won again on Sunday even though we were without players like Emerson, Zambrotta and Zebina. That illustrates how strong we are."

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
It's good that we can keep up with our form without Trezeguet. Let's hold on for 2 more months b4 his arrival. I will be glad to see his return and scoring for us.

BTW Zeman! This shows u how strong Juve is!!!! DO u regret wad u said?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
BTW Zeman! This shows u how strong Juve is!!!! DO u regret wad u said?
Why am I reading Zeman's name everywhere I look? I don't really understand why everyone's so stung by his comments. Why don't we just do what Juve did... ignore this kind of rubbish and concentrate on the football

gray

Apr 22, 2003
No need to apologise ;) I just think these kind of comments should be taken with a pinch or two of salt. It's inevitable that we're gonna hear this kind of rubbish when we're doing so well, so u just gotta learn to ignore it :) In football (or any sport for that matter), it's inevitable that the amount of criticism you receive is proportional to your success

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
looks like , i am happy to say,we have go thrugh our first setback unscathed.. just a few matches ago most people on this forum were anticipating our downfall when 2 of our 4 forwards got injured... but now instead of having lack of forward problem , looking at form and scoring board, we instead have problem benching any of our forward... all 3 have their own case to claim for a starting lineup.. i am especially proud with zalayeta's responce when called to service..

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
we have 3 fowards in good form now, trez is not missed ATM. lets see how capello can keep their form as long as he can. i trust him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Anticipating Trez's return in January. I really want to see this guy work wonders again.
Does anyone else think that Trez's return could be potentially damaging to the form of our other forwards? A bit like the effect Del Piero's recovery had severely detrimental effects to Di Vaio's form. It could happen :undecide:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yeah I was thinking about that as well. Now that we only have 3 strikers:
- Zlatan has time to develop without looking over his shoulders.
- Zalayeta finally got his chance and will continue to have that.
- Del Piero has less pressure on him and more space to get back into form.

+ Players like Kapo and Olivera have more of chance to play and try to impress.

Aug 26, 2003
hmm. it could be a problem, but i think not, and the cause is that Capello is our coach!!! IMO he only plays the players if they are fit and will not favour for example Del Piero or Trez if they are fit!!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Does anyone else think that Trez's return could be potentially damaging to the form of our other forwards? A bit like the effect Del Piero's recovery had severely detrimental effects to Di Vaio's form. It could happen :undecide:
That's 1 thing which concerns me. So far our 3 strikers have been good. But with the return of Trezeguet, I wonder how Capello will think of an appropriate stratgegy ot use our strikers. I think he may stick to the rotational system again.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Yeah I was thinking about that as well. Now that we only have 3 strikers:
- Zlatan has time to develop without looking over his shoulders.
- Zalayeta finally got his chance and will continue to have that.
- Del Piero has less pressure on him and more space to get back into form.

+ Players like Kapo and Olivera have more of chance to play and try to impress.
:thumb:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

That's 1 thing which concerns me. So far our 3 strikers have been good. But with the return of Trezeguet, I wonder how Capello will think of an appropriate stratgegy ot use our strikers. I think he may stick to the rotational system again.
He'll be thirsty to add more goals , so i think he's gonna be in good form just as he was before

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Capello: Trezeguet who?
Monday 1 November, 2004

Pavel Nedved is also eyeing up the three points in Germany. "We are going there in order to wrap up qualification," said the Czech.

"We won again on Sunday even though we were without players like Emerson, Zambrotta and Zebina. That illustrates how strong we are. "
ok,consider we already won! :D

indeed :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)