Trezeguet: I will score a 100 goals for Juve (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
I hope that he'll realy score a 100 goals

New deal delights Trez Thursday 22 July, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet has set himself a target of scoring 100 goals for Juventus after signing a new contract.

"I have always wanted Juve and finally we found an agreement. I’ll be staying until 2008 and I want to reach a century of goals for the club," he stated.

The Frenchman has put pen to paper on a new deal, just months after a split seemed on the cards.

"It is true to say that there was one stage when we thought it would end," he added. "Juventus and myself looked elsewhere but then we both got what we wanted."

Trezeguet was only tied to the Bianconeri until the summer of 2005 and talks over an extension stalled.

Speculation suggests that Juve were initially unwilling to meet his wage demands, which seemingly opened the door for a switch to Barcelona.

"The club told me to firstly prove my worth and then they would offer me a suitable contract," he explained.

"I think I did that and I was just waiting for them to evaluate. They’ve handed me a deal that I believe is right and they believe is correct."

However, it seems clear that Trezeguet has remained at the Stadio Delle Alpi after the intervention of boss Fabio Capello.

"I don’t know whether that is true but Capello phoned me and asked me what the difficulties were," he revealed.

"The day after (director general Luciano) Moggi called and we reached an agreement in five minutes.

"This shows that both parties were keen to continue. This is a fantastic environment for me and the team wants to win.

"We are all desperate to make up for last season after disappointing in Serie A and at Euro 2004."

Meanwhile, Juventus have hinted that they are in contention to sign Alberto Gilardino from Parma.

Juve official Antonio Giraudo stated that the Gialloblu don’t want to sell but "we are one of the few clubs that have the ability to sign him."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yep and if we remove all injuries and most of the first season, that's 60 goals in more or less 3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)