Trezeguet, crap or world class? (1 Viewer)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I never like Trez to begin with, he was always taking Darko's chances. But, I guess you boys haven't had enough proof of Trezeguet's weakness, but you will get more in the futurel
Looking forward to it, do you want me to keep you posted on Zalayetas? ;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Trezeguet is most certanly not crap. He is all those things you say he is. He doesnt run after the ball. He's never in defence. His dribbling and passing are mediocre at best. He isnt fast, he's static in the box, and all that shit. But you know what? He is what we need. SUre, maybe Del Piero and Miccoli and Di Vaio are better than him, but they are not him and they are not supposed to do what he does. Del Piero, Miccoli and DI vaio are those types of players who can create a chance for themselves, dribble a few guys, shoot from outside the box, make a good assist, a back heal and a few tricks here and there, and that is of course excellent, but you need another dimension to your play. You need a strong, tall presence in the box to head the ball at set pieces, which Trezeguet does excellently. We all remember how many goals he scored from corners in his 24-goal season. Sometimes DP, DV and Miccoli just cant perform and you need to kick the ball up to the striker and hope he does his job. I agree Treze isnt the best finisher in the world, but he most certanly has an eye and feeling for goal. He's the fox in the box type, his job is only to score goals, not to defend, mark, press, run or pass. You have 9 other players for that. His job is to be in the right place at the right time, a skill he so beautifully showed against Real Madrid. He may not always be a world beater, but he is by no means crap, and he is exactly the right man for the job in Juve. :stuckup:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thanx nina.

P.S. Dont call me Goaty ever again. EVER! :irritate: ;)

You can call me Zlatan (I mean, it is my name after all :D )

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
NO no no, rick and the other guy sometimes lost the perspectives.

Ok, we all are aware that he is nt as good as world class forwards like vanisstelrroy, who have the ability to score in all the ways possible, and to create and assist at the same time.

Manchester United have the privilege to have a player like him, because no one else does.

IMO he is the player that make all the other strikers looks like a bad deal.

Trezeguet dont have his abilities, but he have an excellent positioning in the field, and he is very lucky, because always score in a very xtrane ways, if not, he do some espectaculer finishes. To say that he is just crap is not fair,,,taking in consideration that when he is on form, he can score as much as the best strikers of the world.

His job is to score goals, and if he continues doing that, there will be no problems. Del piero, Miccoli and Nedved are the ones that have the responsability make fantasy in the pitch.

He needs to improve thats right, but to say that he is crap, thats is too much, so dont come with that silly bla bla bla.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Well I guess i'll have to answer your question with another question: How many Abodiginals do you see modelling?

:wallbang: oops I mean, do you guys think Inzaghi is good? A lot of people do, but I think Trezeguet has what Inzaghi has (if not more). They both have similar roles, and people don't criticise Inzaghi as long as he's poaching those goals...why not the same with Trez? We have Miccoli, Nedved, DP...they have Rui Costa and Shevchenko to run and make chances, so all he has to do is be a predator in the box. IMO, Inzaghi's positioning is perfect whereas Trezeguet is just great... not much difference. In terms of shooting (inzaghi doesn't shoot, he rolls) and heading though, I think Trezeguet is better. He's stronger and taller than Inzaghi, and though he's not as much of a predator, he's always a presence in the box and is always a threat from corners and set pieces.

I like the way Trez doesn't waste time dribbling around players and gently tapping the ball into the box e.g. that goal against Celtic. The ball came to him, he was standing still and couldn't get a run-up, but he still smacks a cracker beyond the keeper without trying any fancy dribbles, and I like that type of player. Trez doesn't seem to waste chances either. Sure, he might hit them at the keeper sometimes, but compared to other players, i think he has a fairly decent shots / shots on goal ratio.

He's always in the right place at the right time (Depor, Real)... and how bout that goal against Udinese?! :strong:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Who said that Inazaghi was good :rolleyes:

Ok, Inzaghi isnot bad..but he do too many offsides,,,,,and if there is somehting that makes me crazy form a striker is that offside mania that Inzaghi have.

Trezeguet is much better than him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Who said that Inazaghi was good :rolleyes:

Ok, Inzaghi isnot bad..but he do too many offsides,,,,,and if there is somehting that makes me crazy form a striker is that offside mania that Inzaghi have.

Trezeguet is much better than him.
Exactly

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    Trezeguet is most certanly not crap. He is all those things you say he is. He doesnt run after the ball. He's never in defence. His dribbling and passing are mediocre at best. He isnt fast, he's static in the box, and all that shit. But you know what? He is what we need. SUre, maybe Del Piero and Miccoli and Di Vaio are better than him, but they are not him and they are not supposed to do what he does. Del Piero, Miccoli and DI vaio are those types of players who can create a chance for themselves, dribble a few guys, shoot from outside the box, make a good assist, a back heal and a few tricks here and there, and that is of course excellent, but you need another dimension to your play. You need a strong, tall presence in the box to head the ball at set pieces, which Trezeguet does excellently. We all remember how many goals he scored from corners in his 24-goal season. Sometimes DP, DV and Miccoli just cant perform and you need to kick the ball up to the striker and hope he does his job. I agree Treze isnt the best finisher in the world, but he most certanly has an eye and feeling for goal. He's the fox in the box type, his job is only to score goals, not to defend, mark, press, run or pass. You have 9 other players for that. His job is to be in the right place at the right time, a skill he so beautifully showed against Real Madrid. He may not always be a world beater, but he is by no means crap, and he is exactly the right man for the job in Juve. :stuckup:
    Wrong. Juve don't win the big match because Trezeguet doesn't show up. He's worse than Zidane in that way.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    NO no no, rick and the other guy sometimes lost the perspectives.

Ok, we all are aware that he is nt as good as world class forwards like vanisstelrroy, who have the ability to score in all the ways possible, and to create and assist at the same time.

Manchester United have the privilege to have a player like him, because no one else does.

IMO he is the player that make all the other strikers looks like a bad deal.

Trezeguet dont have his abilities, but he have an excellent positioning in the field, and he is very lucky, because always score in a very xtrane ways, if not, he do some espectaculer finishes. To say that he is just crap is not fair,,,taking in consideration that when he is on form, he can score as much as the best strikers of the world.

His job is to score goals, and if he continues doing that, there will be no problems. Del piero, Miccoli and Nedved are the ones that have the responsability make fantasy in the pitch.

He needs to improve thats right, but to say that he is crap, thats is too much, so dont come with that silly bla bla bla.
    You are right, Van Nistelrooij is amazing, but I'd rather not compare the two, becauseI feel that they play different roles, but let's compare Trezegue to another dutch forward who plays a similar role. I am of course speaking of Roy Makaay. Hids job with Deportivo was just to score and he did that, but he also did all that other stuff that Trezeguet doesn't. The same thing can be said for Shevchenko.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Well I guess i'll have to answer your question with another question: How many Abodiginals do you see modelling?

:wallbang: oops I mean, do you guys think Inzaghi is good? A lot of people do, but I think Trezeguet has what Inzaghi has (if not more). They both have similar roles, and people don't criticise Inzaghi as long as he's poaching those goals...why not the same with Trez? We have Miccoli, Nedved, DP...they have Rui Costa and Shevchenko to run and make chances, so all he has to do is be a predator in the box. IMO, Inzaghi's positioning is perfect whereas Trezeguet is just great... not much difference. In terms of shooting (inzaghi doesn't shoot, he rolls) and heading though, I think Trezeguet is better. He's stronger and taller than Inzaghi, and though he's not as much of a predator, he's always a presence in the box and is always a threat from corners and set pieces.

I like the way Trez doesn't waste time dribbling around players and gently tapping the ball into the box e.g. that goal against Celtic. The ball came to him, he was standing still and couldn't get a run-up, but he still smacks a cracker beyond the keeper without trying any fancy dribbles, and I like that type of player. Trez doesn't seem to waste chances either. Sure, he might hit them at the keeper sometimes, but compared to other players, i think he has a fairly decent shots / shots on goal ratio.

He's always in the right place at the right time (Depor, Real)... and how bout that goal against Udinese?! :strong:
    Don't even bother trying to make me feel that Trez is good by comparing him to Inzaghi, because I rate Inzaghi even lower than I do Trezeguet. At least Trez can shoot and head, he even scores some great goals when he's on form, but Pippo is always offside and the amount of chances that it takes him to score a goal is outrageous.

As for my opinion on Trez. I don't think that he's crap, but he certainly isn't world-class. His finishing and positioning skills are good, but his lack of movement and technical ability are his downfall. If David could pass, or at least control the ball a little bit better, he would help out the team alot more.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    he's closer to crap than world class but I don't think he's quite on the level of crap of the derby county players just yet

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
    i never was a fan of trezeguet, Nedved and DP and other guys set up everything for him, not just set up but make it so easy that its impossible to miss

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    I am beggining my reply with the announcement that I've read only the first post in this thread and now the next ones (out of patience as usual), so please excuse me if I'll repeat someone's previous ideas :).

Trezeguet ... IMO, classic style of oportunist. Same style with Inzaghi, more or less, and I'd say more, due to his 24 goals in the 2001-2002 season, if I'm recalling it right. He is the man of the great finals, the great ends, the great anything that has to be sone in the last minute. Trez is an ideal sub to be introduced on the field in the last 10 minutes and see what he can do. Personally, as sitting on my couch and watcing TV, I've noticed that he reacts very properly to yells and other "nice" things I'm telling to the screen, so this means he's really slow in developpment of the game, but once started, he can play really good. In his role. The role of the one who just straights a leg and hits the ball, carefully prepared by Nedved or Zambrotta oe whoever, as Ian said.

Final crucial goal in Euro 2000, crucial goal in a certain game of the CL 2003, crucial, crucial, crucial ... As ball controll, of course Zalayeta beats him, after all he's South American and they're born with the ball on their feet. As header, Ferrara goes better ;). But about Di Vaio, can't agree. Maybe you were judging Trez just after the last season, which was a disastrous one if you'll compare it with the previous 24 goals one.

More questions :) ?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Don't even bother trying to make me feel that Trez is good by comparing him to Inzaghi, because I rate Inzaghi even lower than I do Trezeguet. At least Trez can shoot and head, he even scores some great goals when he's on form, but Pippo is always offside and the amount of chances that it takes him to score a goal is outrageous.

As for my opinion on Trez. I don't think that he's crap, but he certainly isn't world-class. His finishing and positioning skills are good, but his lack of movement and technical ability are his downfall. If David could pass, or at least control the ball a little bit better, he would help out the team alot more.
    Well the reason I compared him with Inzaghi is that there seem to be many people who rate inzaghi highly...which I don't understand since he's just a poacher too..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Wrong. Juve don't win the big match because Trezeguet doesn't show up. He's worse than Zidane in that way.
    He didnt show up in one match. ONE. True, that was probably the biggest match of his career, but the whole team didnt show up that day, and Trezeguet could do nothing by himself. We were lost without Neddy, and instead of taking the responsibility on himself Del Piero choked. Treze has a a few big name goals in his record (two goals against Real Madrid in the semis, an extra-time golden goal against italy in the EC Final). Del Piero is a bigger choker than Trezeguet. He plays well against the small teams, but seems lost and uninspired in the big matches. He was nowhere to be seen against Milan, Barcelona (both matches) and Real Madrid away. That goal at home was a flash of brilliance, but other than that he was average. And how could we forget the EC Final. 3 clear chances score, to of them in the final minutes, straight into the keeper. If he's not a choker, I dont know who is.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Oded is missing this thread!
    I didn't miss it, I don't belong here ;)

there is one great football quality Trezeguet has that a lot of people aren't aware of or they'r just forgetting it.
    Trezeguet doesn't get stressed when he is in infront of goal.
    almost half of the players in the world are getting stressed at these situations. Trezeguet doesn't! he's doing his job, finishing, with ease. maybe some of you think he scores easy goals. BS! we all know about positioning, and Trezeguet knows to position himself to get those "easy" chances, but Trezeguet is also very relax when he is about to score a goal. He gives you the impression that it's easy to score goals, and that's what makes him such a GREAT striker.
    btw Thuram thinks the same thing, and you know how a football expert Thuram is.
    Look at his two goals against Real Madrid for example. you think it's easy to score goals like this? no! a little touch to the ball with an 100% accuracy and it's a goal. so relaxed, so confident, but in no means easy.

facts speak for themselves, and statistics aren't lies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)