Trezeguet, crap or world class? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
Okay, maybe some of you know about my new mission of starting some real passionate discussion, maybe not. Either way, this thread is about how much Trezeguet sucks.

He has absolutely no ability greater than a wall. Nedved and Del Piero basically kick the ball off of him into the net. He doesn't run, he can't dribble, his passing is terrible, he's an idiot, he doesn't defend, he can't win a ball, he doesn't mark people, not ever, and he isn't even fast. What good is he? Not much at all. Di Vaio is better, Miccoli is better, Zalayeta is about as good as him, hell, I'd take Cipriani and be happy about it. Trezeguet is an absolute waste of space and the first player that should be gotten rid of.

So what do you think of that?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
It would be My pleasure to start an argument with you about How trezeguet sucks, but unfortunately I am convinced that he sucks and he has to do better and more than scoring just Goals to convince me otherwise. I guess i 'll stand by your side, not against you infront of all trezeguet lovers ;)

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
    It would be My pleasure to start an argument with you about How trezeguet sucks, but unfortunately I am convinced that he sucks and he has to do better and more than scoring just Goals to convince me otherwise. I guess i 'll stand by your side, not against you infront of all trezeguet lovers ;)
    Well, I am both delighted and dissapointed, but I am still hopeful that we shall encounter some well speaking adamant Trezeguet lovers.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    You sir are an apsolute idiot for thinking that Trezeguet sucks!!! How can you even say that about a player that has scored 24 goals in the hardest league in the world!!! Are you ****ing mad or something, or are you a blind idiot :(. He has probably the beast header in the world, and his positioning is nothing short of text book! What the hell is wrong with you? :mad: He has scored more that his shaer of good acrobatic goals, be it volleys, half-volley or bicycle kicks, something other players, say Pippo, can only dream about! :stuckup:

Get away from here you stupid bastard :fero:

Happy now? :groan: :D

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    You sir are an apsolute idiot for thinking that Trezeguet sucks!!! How can you even say that about a player that has scored 24 goals in the hardest league in the world!!! Are you ****ing mad or something, or are you a blind idiot :(. He has probably the beast header in the world, and his positioning is nothing short of text book! What the hell is wrong with you? :mad: He has scored more that his shaer of good acrobatic goals, be it volleys, half-volley or bicycle kicks, something other players, say Pippo, can only dream about! :stuckup:
    No, you are wrong. Jardel has the best header in the world. And many players have better headers than Trezeguet's, though he has an above average one, I will grant you that. And I know a few quadrapalegics who could score more goals than trezeguet with the service that he is given. Besides that, acrobatic goals don't a striker make, and his positioning is only textbook when he gets the ball, the rest of the time, you don;t see him standing on the corner of the penalty box in an offsides position next to two defenders.

Get away from here you stupid bastard :fero:
    I will not,

Happy now? :groan: :D
    No, I know that you can do better.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Ah maybe later. I'm not backing off, I just cant be online all day ;)
    I have the patience of a stone waiting to become a pebble.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    First of all, I don't think the title of the thread encourages for discusson, is better suited for some good ol' Trezeguet bashing IMO.

Trezeguet has been bad for some time now, but for he was great for us once, there's just no denying that. To say that Zalayeta is better is completely ridicilous, what a total waste of space he is. He has NEVER played well for us, except singular matches. Miccoli is another type of player, so I don't think a comparison is right there. Di Vaio has for some periods of time been really afwful, so I don't he can be said to be better. Perhaps right now, but Trez in struggling and Di Vaio's form is on a up. If they both are at their best Trez is the better striker, he has shown that.

Trez is a player who's only job is to score goals, a very special skill. When he does score he is useless, as that's all he can do. He is more dependant on his form than other types of players. I think he will return to form sooner or later.

I think at least that if we are to replace him, we should do it slow and steady, with a player that shows that he consistantly performs better than him at least for a season, like Trez replaced Pippo. It is also ckear to me that none of the strikers we have now is capable of replacing him.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    First of all, I don't think the title of the thread encourages for discusson, is better suited for some good ol' Trezeguet bashing IMO.
    Point taken. If some Modersator happens by, could you please change the title of the thread to the subject of my first post as it has now been editted? Thanks in advance.

Trezeguet has been bad for some time now, but for he was great for us once, there's just no denying that. To say that Zalayeta is better is completely ridicilous, what a total waste of space he is. He has NEVER played well for us, except singular matches. Miccoli is another type of player, so I don't think a comparison is right there. Di Vaio has for some periods of time been really afwful, so I don't he can be said to be better. Perhaps right now, but Trez in struggling and Di Vaio's form is on a up. If they both are at their best Trez is the better striker, he has shown that.
    Well now, reading is a fundamental skill even according to George Bush. Maybe you should read my post again, and site for me where it says that Zalayeta is better. I wish you luck, because it certainly does not.

Trez is a player who's only job is to score goals, a very special skill. When he does score he is useless, as that's all he can do. He is more dependant on his form than other types of players. I think he will return to form sooner or later.
    Nope. You only think that trezeguets job is to act like a wall because that's all he does. In fact any striker's job goes much beyond simply scoring goals. Forwards are resposible for creating space, making runs, distributing the ball to other attacking players, marking people when called upon (for instance on corner kicks), and also every player on the pitch should have a basic ability to dribble without giving the ball up.

I think at least that if we are to replace him, we should do it slow and steady, with a player that shows that he consistantly performs better than him at least for a season, like Trez replaced Pippo. It is also ckear to me that none of the strikers we have now is capable of replacing him.
    Okay fine, so no one we have now is good enough to replace him, so we buy some one else, it'll be a good investment. In the meantime, we play Di Vaio and win more games.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Well now, reading is a fundamental skill even according to George Bush. Maybe you should read my post again, and site for me where it says that Zalayeta is better. I wish you luck, because it certainly does not.
    :D
    Being a bit picky today?
    Let me change my offical statement to: "I think it's ridicilous to say that Zalayeta IS AS GOOD AS Trezeguet." Happy? ;)
    As for George Bush, you have lived sometime in the US so you have more knowledge about what he thinks is a skill and not. According to the Norwegian party "Høyre" 1 out of 5 Norwegian school students have trouble reading, I'm probably one of those.

Nope. You only think that trezeguets job is to act like a wall because that's all he does. In fact any striker's job goes much beyond simply scoring goals. Forwards are resposible for creating space, making runs, distributing the ball to other attacking players, marking people when called upon (for instance on corner kicks), and also every player on the pitch should have a basic ability to dribble without giving the ball up.
    I don't agree. Differents forwards have differents jobs. Just like mids or defenders. Some are there to create chances and pass, some there to score, some are there to do other things. About Trez not marking players, I can't ever remember noticing him marking or not marking someone, so you might be right there, even if I can't remember Di Vaio or Del Piero marking someone either.
    Okay fine, so no one we have now is good enough to replace him, so we buy some one else, it'll be a good investment. In the meantime, we play Di Vaio and win more games.
    If Di Vaio performs better he should play. If Trez is better he should play. I think sooner or later Trez will start performing better than Di Vaio, but that's just my prediction.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    :D
    Being a bit picky today?
    Let me change my offical statement to: "I think it's ridicilous to say that Zalayeta IS AS GOOD AS Trezeguet." Happy? ;)
    As for George Bush, you have lived sometime in the US so you have more knowledge about what he thinks is a skill and not. According to the Norwegian party "Høyre" 1 out of 5 Norwegian school students have trouble reading, I'm probably one of those.
    I'm always picky, but, in fact Zalayeta is as good as Trezeguet when on form. They both do the same things, except that Zala is bigger, faster, and luckier.

Oh, and that's a good one...:LOL:

I don't agree. Differents forwards have differents jobs. Just like mids or defenders. Some are there to create chances and pass, some there to score, some are there to do other things. About Trez not marking players, I can't ever remember noticing him marking or not marking someone, so you might be right there, even if I can't remember Di Vaio or Del Piero marking someone either.
    Well, then you'll just have to believe me, but Del piero and Di Vaio are rarely called upon to mark on corners, because they are short whereas, Trezeguet is relatively tall.

If Di Vaio performs better he should play. If Trez is better he should play. I think sooner or later Trez will start performing better than Di Vaio, but that's just my prediction.
    Ah, predictions. I predict that Trezeguet will be shipped out for a fee that is ridiculously high for his skill, and Juve will do better than fine without him. As for Trezeguet he will arrive at his new team and fail to make an impact, and live out the rest of his days ont he bench.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    49 goals in 77 Serie A matches :)
    Not a bad record, but that proves nothing to me. Benjamin Disraeli said, "There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."

P.S. could you change the name of this thread to "Trezeguet, crap or world class?"

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Ah, predictions. I predict that Trezeguet will be shipped out for a fee that is ridiculously high for his skill, and Juve will do better than fine without him. As for Trezeguet he will arrive at his new team and fail to make an impact, and live out the rest of his days ont he bench.
    That is also a good prediction, but I think that Trez will sooner or later find his old form with us or another club. I just hope we that we keep him around if we replace him with an unproven player like Cavenaghi.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    That is also a good prediction, but I think that Trez will sooner or later find his old form with us or another club. I just hope we that we keep him around if we replace him with an unproven player like Cavenaghi.
    Cavenaghi, now that's a good choice. As for keeping Trez, that's a waste. We have plenty of youngsters ready to make an appearance for Juve.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Not a bad record, but that proves nothing to me. Benjamin Disraeli said, "There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."
    Might be true .. but in football statistics might actually help to know the Van Nistelrooy's from the Carew's out there ..

Anyway, I don't uderstand the grudge against Trezeguet .. he had an injury and struggled when he first came back but now looks healthy and more dangerous in the box .. he has scored 2 goals in the opener and another 2 for France, he also looked good in pre-season .. the way he's been talked about would make you think that he is as bad as Zalayeta in scoring goals which is notfair ..

P.S. could you change the name of this thread to "Trezeguet, crap or world class?"
    Sure ;)

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Might be true .. but in football statistics might actually help to know the Van Nistelrooy's from the Carew's out there ..
    Any self respecting football fan should be able to do that just by watching them play.

Anyway, I don't uderstand the grudge against Trezeguet .. he had an injury and struggled when he first came back but now looks healthy and more dangerous in the box .. he has scored 2 goals in the opener and another 2 for France, he also looked good in pre-season .. the way he's been talked about would make you think that he is as bad as Zalayeta in scoring goals which is notfair ..
    I never like Trez to begin with, he was always taking Darko's chances. But, I guess you boys haven't had enough proof of Trezeguet's weakness, but you will get more in the futurel

Sure ;)
    Thanks much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)