Trezeguet Aims To Be Juve Legend (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
The meaning was that we shouldn't hold on to Trez and adore him so much just because of his history.........it's what he's doing now that should matter. Yeah he scored and won us a league and all that, but we're not indebted to him for life for doing that and then he can screw us over every game and somehow...we still owe him admiration and utmost respect?!!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
The meaning was that we shouldn't hold on to Trez and adore him so much just because of his history.........it's what he's doing now that should matter. Yeah he scored and won us a league and all that, but we're not indebted to him for life for doing that and then he can screw us over every game and somehow...we still owe him admiration and utmost respect?!!

we dont owe him utmost respect and admiration we owe him a chance. thats what i want to say.

if he is someone who has not proven himself in the past inspite of repeated chances then drop him like a ton of bricks i say.

the point that has been established is that he is not being fed due to the tactical changes from seasons before.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

1. It was a fluke, has he done it again?
Did he have a chance? Last season he was injured for most of it and still scored 8 goals. This season has just started, give him time to find the form.

If we waited for DP for 4 seasons, I guess we can wait for Trezeguet a few matches. After all he's been playing badly and not scoring only from the 3rd matchday.

Trezeguet is a player that depends on form. Right now his form makes him miss even the easiest of chances, but once he gets back his best form, anything he touches will go in.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

aragorn whether a players history matters or not isnt arbitrary. how can it only apply to people who still perform?

whats the connection???!!
Agreed.

By some people's logic, Baggio sux, right? :rolleyes:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I was not very impressed with Treze tonight. He touched the ball two times and ****ed up both. First the intercepted pass to Mico on the edge of the box, and then that horrid miss a few moments later. Replace him!!! :(

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002

thats irrelevant denco- the fact still remains that its generally harder to score from open play that it is to score from the spot. tap-ins need ability too.

about what he says i think he's a little too sincere about his goals and desires he should learn to shut up and stop providing his critics potential ammunition.
Oh reallly? what do u mean its generally easier to score from penalties, how come players like Totti, Inzaghi, Owen, Raul and even Ronaldo (and Henry never seems to score from it when the stakes are high, rememebr Figo's miss against us that would have put us out of the Cl final )do not have good records from penalties but would score tap-ins with their eyes shut
It generally depends on your ability and confidence in your ability to score from pens, RVn missed 3 in a row this season, Maradona missed 6 in a row for Boca and he is one of the best penalty kickers ever whereas you don't need ability to score from tap-ins just sixth sense or why do u think so many gr8 players have missed penalties in shootouts

And to all the vultures maybe every player should be given 5 years to prove to us that they are crap because Dp was given 2 years to prove his worth after coming back from serious injury

It seems the same people in every discussion would always bring up Dp's name when it comes to negativity.

For the record it was not because of Dp that Lazio won the league, no he did not have a gr8 season but he did not lead to directly losing of points unlike Inzaghi's penalty miss against Lecce, which cost us 2 points and some trash at the back while Roma were just the best team in the league when they won it and we did well to hang on to when we did
But if you listen to detractors , its as if Dp missed so many open goals and was totally hopeless and thats why we did not win the league

Aug 1, 2003
oh come on , trez might not be an excellent player and plays like sh*t at the moment, but he has contributed some important goals over the past few seasons, why not just give him the chance to regain his form ?

i agree, if we can wait for dp, we could wait a few matches for trez. nobody's perfect... every player is bound to screw up some time..

slack

Dec 13, 2002
I find this slagging of one of our own who seems sincere in dedicating his career to Juventus disgusting and pathetic.

This is the umpteenth thread on the same sh!t that has no value in content whatsoever.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Oh reallly? what do u mean its generally easier to score from penalties, how come players like Totti, Inzaghi, Owen, Raul and even Ronaldo (and Henry never seems to score from it when the stakes are high, rememebr Figo's miss against us that would have put us out of the Cl final )do not have good records from penalties but would score tap-ins with their eyes shut
theres a lot of factors to take into consideration when comparing penalties and tap-ins, most of which you dont bring up. there is a psychological aspect- a conscious working that is involved in taking penalties whereas tap-ins are instinctual and the decision-making is not quite deliberate or pondered over.

you need more technical skill for a tap-in than a penalty.

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
And to all the vultures maybe every player should be given 5 years to prove to us that they are crap because Dp was given 2 years to prove his worth after coming back from serious injury

It seems the same people in every discussion would always bring up Dp's name when it comes to negativity.
Wont speak for all the others but I bring up the period where Del Piero suffered a drought not because of ill feeling but because we are ridiculously biased and seem to forget a player's ability and potential too quickly for anybody's good. Dp certainly had a bad season when Lazio won the league, and how in the world can u compare Pippo's one missed penalty to DP's poor shows week in and week out? Yeah it cost us two points but we lost more overall with DP's performance than with Pippo's missed penalty. We reached where we did however because of Filippo's extra effort. He may not have been the perfect forward but hell he scored a lot of goals and his goals brought us close as anything to the scudetto.

Im not a DP basher. Back then when people wanted him sold(sound familiar?? :rolleyes:) I was for giving him time to get back to form.

And I maintain my view with Trez similarly.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dreamer ] ++
David Trezeguet has pledged to join French legends Michel Platini and Zinedine Zidane as one of the all-time greats at Juventus.

Celebrating his 26th birthday, the France striker expressed his determination to be remembered as fondly by the Juve faithful as his peerless compatriots.

"I want to stay with Juve for a long time - I would like to extend my contract and finish my career here," he told www.gazzetta.it.

"I want to achieve the same things here as Platini and Zidane."

Masterful midfielder Platini scored 104 goals for the Turin giants between 1982 and 1987, winning two league championships and one European Cup along the way.

And while Zidane did not boast such an impressive goal-record during his spell in Turin between 1996 and 2001, his numerous assists and matchwinning performances were priceless as Juve clinched two league championships and several international honours during that period.

But Trezeguet is well on the way to matching those achievements.

Since moving to the Stadio Delle Alpi after Euro 2000, he has managed an impressive 64 goals for the 'Old Lady' of Italian football.

He was a key member of the Scudetto-winning squad in each of the last two seasons after losing the title narrowly to Roma during his first year at the club.

Add Trezeguet's World Cup and European Championship winners medals in 1998 and 2000 respectively and it is easy to see why he is acknowledged as one of the most successful footballers of the modern era.

But the powerful forward, who grew up in Argentina before returning to his native France to join Monaco in 1995, admits there is still one honour he craves as he strives for even greater achievement.

"I want to win the Champions League," he admitted.

"If I could manage that and score a few more goals along the way, it would be perfect."

No comment except :blah:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002

theres a lot of factors to take into consideration when comparing penalties and tap-ins, most of which you dont bring up. there is a psychological aspect- a conscious working that is involved in taking penalties whereas tap-ins are instinctual and the decision-making is not quite deliberate or pondered over.

you need more technical skill for a tap-in than a penalty.
Oh c'mon you think a Tap in is much harder to score than a penalty. and requires special skills :rolleyes:

Wont speak for all the others but I bring up the period where Del Piero suffered a drought not because of ill feeling but because we are ridiculously biased and seem to forget a player's ability and potential too quickly for anybody's good. Dp certainly had a bad season when Lazio won the league, and how in the world can u compare Pippo's one missed penalty to DP's poor shows week in and week out? Yeah it cost us two points but we lost more overall with DP's performance than with Pippo's missed penalty. We reached where we did however because of Filippo's extra effort. He may not have been the perfect forward but hell he scored a lot of goals and his goals brought us close as anything to the scudetto.

Im not a DP basher. Back then when people wanted him sold(sound familiar?? :rolleyes:) I was for giving him time to get back to form.

And I maintain my view with Trez similarly.
Yeah, I get your point and your Trezeguet didn't suffer what Dp suffered back then, now did he ?? He has no excuse for being out of form. It has been more than 5 months now, with no single good performance. since last May or even before. and still there are no signs of improvemnet. we can't just let him play and waste all our good opportunities. it's not fair. we have others who could get the job done. and are in a better form. enough said.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++

Oh c'mon you think a Tap in is much harder to score than a penalty. and requires special skills :rolleyes:

Yeah, I get your point and your Trezeguet didn't suffer what Dp suffered back then, now did he ?? He has no excuse for being out of form. It has been more than 5 months now, with no single good performance. since last May or even before. and still there are no signs of improvemnet. we can't just let him play and waste all our good opportunities. it's not fair. we have others who could get the job done. and are in a better form. enough said.
:thumb: I agree 100%

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well said LAC ;)

About tap-ins, it's not the actual tap-in that you must consider but the fact that the player can free himself from his marker and find himself in a good position to score the tap-in. Not many strikers can do that and few have this opportunism skill otherwise all strikers would be able to score 20+ goals per season.

Seriously, if we waited for DP that much why cannot we wait for Trez? His form will soon be back and start scoring goals.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Well said LAC ;)

About tap-ins, it's not the actual tap-in that you must consider but the fact that the player can free himself from his marker and find himself in a good position to score the tap-in. Not many strikers can do that and few have this opportunism skill otherwise all strikers would be able to score 20+ goals per season.

Seriously, if we waited for DP that much why cannot we wait for Trez? His form will soon be back and start scoring goals.
and on what bases should we wait for trezeguet to gain his form, what excuse does he has to be out of form, nobody Wants Trezeguet to be sold now, just bench him and give the others their fair chance to play and deliver. till the former regains his old non-existent form and at the end of the season an Overall Evaluation should be done . and based on it, the board should decide whether to keep and offer him a new contract or sell him and get a better striker. As simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)