Trezeguet Aims To Be Juve Legend (6 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I know lots of people are gonna make fun of him because of this, but I think he can be one of our top scorers. He's still relatively young, and his finishing is good, no matter what you guys say
He's not legend material. Zidane and Platini won games all by themselves. They were the heart, the center of the team. Trezeguet is just a wall.

Jul 19, 2003
He's not legend material. Zidane and Platini won games all by themselves. They were the heart, the center of the team. Trezeguet is just a wall.
Exactly!!

hey stop laughing!! he scored 64 goals for us in 3 seasons. it's realy good!. yes he is aready Juve legend, and he didn't score too much goals form penalties Aragorn!
Why all the fuss? A lot of Trez's goals are with the help of DP anyway. And HEEEEEEEELLL no he isn't a Juve legend and will never be unless he goes through some series changes. Start looking at this with objectivity and put aside u guys' admiration for the "old" Trezegeut for now.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I guess scoring penalties is way too easy thats why we are Cl champions and thats why Italy won the wc in 1994.
Do the stats say how many of those goals were tap-ins on or the sweat of others so why should it matter if they were by penalties or not.

Don't think he is legend material but he definitely can be a hero

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I guess scoring penalties is way too easy thats why we are Cl champions and thats why Italy won the wc in 1994.
Do the stats say how many of those goals were tap-ins on or the sweat of others so why should it matter if they were by penalties or not.

Don't think he is legend material but he definitely can be a hero
thats irrelevant denco- the fact still remains that its generally harder to score from open play that it is to score from the spot. tap-ins need ability too.

about what he says i think he's a little too sincere about his goals and desires he should learn to shut up and stop providing his critics potential ammunition.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
you people are nuts. trez joined us and had to compete against inzaghi, del piero and kovacevic at the same time. And he would come on for 10 mins and still score goals. why do think inzaghi and kovacevic were both sold??

Then, he plays a blinder of a season scoring 32 goals in all comps, which was almost 1 a game at the time being one of the best strikers in the world.

he gets injured last season, comes back, still scores almost 10 goals coming from the bench at times, including important goals against real madrid in the semi. he plays bad in the CL final, as did many others, but he got criticised when the only person who should have been criticised was lippi for lack of creativity in the team.

now, this lack of creativity in the team isnt helping out trez again this season and he is still getting criticised.

its funny how we gave del piero a few seasons to gain his form again, but we dont with others.

shame shame shame!

Aug 1, 2003
trez is not a complete striker but he does score goals. yes i do think he is not exactly legend material , but then again many thought paolo rossi was useless and he led italia to win their 3rd world cup!

give him a chance to prove himself will you, don't be so critical. of course it'd be near impossible for him to be in the same rank as platini and zidane , but if that thought can make him a better striker for juve, why not ?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dreamer ] ++
David Trezeguet has pledged to join French legends Michel Platini and Zinedine Zidane as one of the all-time greats at Juventus.

Celebrating his 26th birthday, the France striker expressed his determination to be remembered as fondly by the Juve faithful as his peerless compatriots.

"I want to stay with Juve for a long time - I would like to extend my contract and finish my career here," he told www.gazzetta.it.

"I want to achieve the same things here as Platini and Zidane."

Masterful midfielder Platini scored 104 goals for the Turin giants between 1982 and 1987, winning two league championships and one European Cup along the way.

And while Zidane did not boast such an impressive goal-record during his spell in Turin between 1996 and 2001, his numerous assists and matchwinning performances were priceless as Juve clinched two league championships and several international honours during that period.

But Trezeguet is well on the way to matching those achievements.

Since moving to the Stadio Delle Alpi after Euro 2000, he has managed an impressive 64 goals for the 'Old Lady' of Italian football.

He was a key member of the Scudetto-winning squad in each of the last two seasons after losing the title narrowly to Roma during his first year at the club.

Add Trezeguet's World Cup and European Championship winners medals in 1998 and 2000 respectively and it is easy to see why he is acknowledged as one of the most successful footballers of the modern era.

But the powerful forward, who grew up in Argentina before returning to his native France to join Monaco in 1995, admits there is still one honour he craves as he strives for even greater achievement.

"I want to win the Champions League," he admitted.

"If I could manage that and score a few more goals along the way, it would be perfect."
Please just let him play like a normal attacker and score goals before thinking of becoming like zedan or platini:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
you people are nuts. trez joined us and had to compete against inzaghi, del piero and kovacevic at the same time. And he would come on for 10 mins and still score goals. why do think inzaghi and kovacevic were both sold??

Then, he plays a blinder of a season scoring 32 goals in all comps, which was almost 1 a game at the time being one of the best strikers in the world.

he gets injured last season, comes back, still scores almost 10 goals coming from the bench at times, including important goals against real madrid in the semi. he plays bad in the CL final, as did many others, but he got criticised when the only person who should have been criticised was lippi for lack of creativity in the team.

now, this lack of creativity in the team isnt helping out trez again this season and he is still getting criticised.

its funny how we gave del piero a few seasons to gain his form again, but we dont with others.

shame shame shame!
I think the same criticising also can be said on DP sometimes .

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I never said he's legend material, just that he can be one of our top scorers. His 32-goal season was no fluke, you can't fluke that many goals.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Scoring 32 goals in all Competitions is history now, and believe me history doesn't repeat itself. Forget it, with his current form if he scores 20 goals/season it will be perfect just if he can do so.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
i somehow doubt we'd be able to sell him for more than what we bought him for. we'd make a loss with his sale and if we were to buy a complete attacker to partner dp dp would be overshadowed completely. not to mention the complete attackers transfer fees.

OR we can do the unthinkable and actually be helpful and revert to what we did the last few seasons and watch his goal tally rocket up.

nobody is saying he's a legend nobody's saying he's perfect. we want goals and with trez we can get more goals.

even god cant open our eyes it seems now :down:

and WORD adrian...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
Scoring 32 goals in all Competitions is history now, and believe me history doesn't repeat itself. Forget it, with his current form if he scores 20 goals/season it will be perfect just if he can do so.

what your saying history doesnt matter? its history thats the reason we have lippi still at the helm. its history that keeps buffon between the posts. its history that keeps dp on the field for god sakes!!!

ever heard of retrograde amnesia? oops. treze-who?

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

what your saying history doesnt matter? its history thats the reason we have lippi still at the helm. its history that keeps buffon between the posts. its history that keeps dp on the field for god sakes!!!

ever heard of retrograde amnesia? oops. treze-who?
Yeah, everyone has his history, but those you mentioned are still performing while trez simply isn't.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I never said he's legend material, just that he can be one of our top scorers. His 32-goal season was no fluke, you can't fluke that many goals.
1. It was a fluke, has he done it again?

2. You can fluke goals...Dario Hubner anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)