Trezeguet Aims To Be Juve Legend (5 Viewers)

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
David Trezeguet has pledged to join French legends Michel Platini and Zinedine Zidane as one of the all-time greats at Juventus.

Celebrating his 26th birthday, the France striker expressed his determination to be remembered as fondly by the Juve faithful as his peerless compatriots.

"I want to stay with Juve for a long time - I would like to extend my contract and finish my career here," he told www.gazzetta.it.

"I want to achieve the same things here as Platini and Zidane."

Masterful midfielder Platini scored 104 goals for the Turin giants between 1982 and 1987, winning two league championships and one European Cup along the way.

And while Zidane did not boast such an impressive goal-record during his spell in Turin between 1996 and 2001, his numerous assists and matchwinning performances were priceless as Juve clinched two league championships and several international honours during that period.

But Trezeguet is well on the way to matching those achievements.

Since moving to the Stadio Delle Alpi after Euro 2000, he has managed an impressive 64 goals for the 'Old Lady' of Italian football.

He was a key member of the Scudetto-winning squad in each of the last two seasons after losing the title narrowly to Roma during his first year at the club.

Add Trezeguet's World Cup and European Championship winners medals in 1998 and 2000 respectively and it is easy to see why he is acknowledged as one of the most successful footballers of the modern era.

But the powerful forward, who grew up in Argentina before returning to his native France to join Monaco in 1995, admits there is still one honour he craves as he strives for even greater achievement.

"I want to win the Champions League," he admitted.

"If I could manage that and score a few more goals along the way, it would be perfect."

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I know lots of people are gonna make fun of him because of this, but I think he can be one of our top scorers. He's still relatively young, and his finishing is good, no matter what you guys say

mate

Aug 28, 2002
He has the best average of goals 4 match of serie A history actually...
Ok that's not mean that mutch cause he didn't play so many matches and of course more matches you play more is difficolt to keep a hight average... but... it's a good start ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah his average is really good, and theoretically he can reach the 100 landmark by the end of next year at the age of 27 which is pretty impressive.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Goat if you read that article you would Trezeguet has 64 goals ;) And that's from how many? 80-90 matches?

Oh and DP is 29 ;) And he shoots penalties :p

Aug 1, 2003
well why all the fuss ? this could be a motivation for trez to score more for juve, aint that good ? to be in the same ranking as platini and zizou would be hard , but its motivation.

some would say hes probably not such a good striker, but as long as he scores, i have no complains.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Goat if you read that article you would Trezeguet has 64 goals ;) And that's from how many? 80-90 matches?

Oh and DP is 29 ;) And he shoots penalties :p
Oh yeah and Trezeguet Doesn't :rolleyes:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
The point are not the penalties is the number of games... obvious that Treze could not score in 3 season like DP in 10 :D
There are a lot of players who scored more than Trze in serie A, but he has the best average of goal 4 games, even better than Vieri and Ronaldo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)