Trap's World Cup Regret (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Giovanni Trapattoni believes the 2002 World Cup could have ended differently with the help of two Chievo players.

The Azzurri crashed out of the tournament to a Golden Goal against South Korea in the Second Round of the competition.

"I only have one regret," revealed the Azzurri boss. "That I didn’t take two men like Simone Perrotta and Nicola Legrottaglie with me.

"They would have been very useful to our cause. There was someone that put forward their names but I didn’t agree. It was an error."

Both players have been regular squad members since the side returned from Asia, with Perrotta (pictured) in particular becoming key in Trap’s new 4-2-3-1 formation.

The former Bari and Juventus player now forms a first choice central midfield partnership with Inter’s Cristiano Zanetti.

Defender Legrottaglie on the other hand is proving to be a vital squad player should either Fabio Cannavaro or Alessandro Nesta be unavailable.

Meanwhile, Trap has hinted that he will try out a few new players in the side’s next friendly against Germany in mid-August.

"I’ll definitely keep a close eye on Manuele Blasi who I would have already wanted to use in the past," he added.

Blasi, a former Under-21 international, has just joined Italian champions Juventus from Perugia.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    :LOL: Trap is full of so much rubbish, although it's true that Legrottaglie could have helped us during Nesta's and Cannavaro's absences.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    - What about not bringing Baggio ???
    - How about not playing DP or Montella ??
    - Changing from a 3-4-1-2 to the 4-4-2 with Totti as a striker ??
    - Taking DP out and putting in Gattuso during the match with
    S. Korea ????

Sounds to me that Trap should have MANY regrets

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
    Can you post the link to that please...

And yes Legrottaglie would have been especially useful for when Canno got carded

And what's this whole thing about bringing Doni and Di Livio...

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    - What about not bringing Baggio ???
    - How about not playing DP or Montella ??
    - Changing from a 3-4-1-2 to the 4-4-2 with Totti as a striker ??
    - Taking DP out and putting in Gattuso during the match with
    S. Korea ????

Sounds to me that Trap should have MANY regrets
    Indeed, Trap has no one to blame but himself, not even the refs.

bahraini

May 20, 2003
    i wonder why he is still on the head of the team
    bring lippi ot cappilo
    they can make unstopable team of italy

trap should regret that he didn't say no
    when they asked him to lead the team

since he held italy , they kept falling in ranking
    and in results

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    there's no reason to sack him now, because he's been winning lately. and winning convincingly too.
    Winning convincingly :confused: .... refresh my mind please.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Italy's on a 5 winning streak right now, better than all the other major european teams bar France.

Trapattoni has won a lot and is probably one of the best Italian coaches ever, however his style of play does not suit today's aggressive football, even though in these past matches he's been playing with a 4-2-3-1.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Italy's on a 5 winning streak right now, better than all the other major european teams bar France.

Trapattoni has won a lot and is probably one of the best Italian coaches ever, however his style of play does not suit today's aggressive football, even though in these past matches he's been playing with a 4-2-3-1.
    Zizou, who have we beaten lately thats worth anything ??? Portugal is the best we've beaten, and they are very overrated

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Zizou, who have we beaten lately thats worth anything ??? Portugal is the best we've beaten, and they are very overrated
    and we only won 1-0

...I dont think we've won agaisnt a team more then 2-0 for the longest of times

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
    Trap Trap Trap it's too late now to be saying I should have done this or that
    win Euro 2004 for us then you'll prove that you made some adjustments with the team and changed the style of play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)