Trap to pick Cassano? (1 Viewer)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
He should never have been left of the U21 by Gentile, but is he ready for the "big time?" I know he played welll a bit last season, but I don't think I ever saw him play. Still, new players always need to make their first steps somewhere in the national team, so it might be his chance.
----

Roma youngster Antonio Cassano expects to make his full international debut next month against Germany.

The 20-year-old broke the news in an exclusive interview with the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ on Friday.

"I want a chance with the Azzurri," he said. "Giovanni Trapattoni has told me that he will pick me for the Germany friendly. I hope that happens."

That is likely to shock many people after the former Bari youngster was frozen out of the Under-21 set-up by boss Claudio Gentile because of his attitude and behaviour.

However, Coach Trap did admit last month that he would try out some new faces – like Parma’s Manuele Blasi – in the Stuttgart clash on August 20.

The attacker, who cost the Giallorossi a massive £20m, did hit the headlines for the right reasons last term with some great displays and he believes there is plenty more to come.

"I had a good campaign," he added. "I hope the new one will see me at my best. I believe that I can do well and I’m certain that I will score 20 goals next term in all competitions.

"I know that I still have to grow up. Boss Capello says that I don’t need to learn anything on the pitch but off it I need to mature somewhat."

Roma had a desperately disappointing season last year but the fantasy player is sure the Olimpico outfit will be competitive again.

"Our squad is at a decent level already and with the new arrivals which have been promised then we can fight for the Scudetto and the UEFA Cup," he concluded.

Article from Football Italia.

Buy on AliExpress.com

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Cassano is great.

-------------------Vieri

Del Piero --------Totti--------Cassano

would that be possible? 4 strikers :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Cassano, Totti and DP behind Vieri? :eek: Please don't forget that Trapattoni is the NT coach.. ;)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
It's about time Trap settles with a line-up and doesn't change everything everytime there's a game coming :rolleyes: Cassano is not the answer, unless you are in a need for Drama Queen's replacement.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Cassano is great.

-------------------Vieri

Del Piero --------Totti--------Cassano

would that be possible? 4 strikers :D
That looks fine to me, as long as that is good for Azzurri :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)