Trap must let Dp Take a part in Eu2004 (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think Trap will somehow bench Del Piero during Euro2004. I doubt it as a good idea and I hope Ale starts during the Euro games as he's in a good shape.

What you guys think? will he start regular under Trap?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    yeah but remmber in WC 2002 , he kept him out, i think against mexico He scored when he entered , and he only played 1st half time against Korea...thats bad:S !

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Too premature to start this thread. Lets see how the season ends for Dp. And the other forwards. Trap will have no preconceived notions before that im sure.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    on current form, he doesnt deserve to start. Cassano and Miccoli would be better in my opinion. However, if he regains his form as he did before the world cup, then i say go for him as a starter. Cassano and Miccoli are both great young talents but none have experienced a major tournament.

Del Piero's best chance to prove himself was last world cup and i believe that with the short amount of time he had on the field, he played very well and proved that Traps is a senile man.

one last point. When Del Piero enters the pitch off the bench, he seems to look more determined and he generally plays better.

i suppose its going to be down to what formation and who traps' chooses in his squad.

but on current form, del piero doesnt deserve to be starting IMO.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    on current form, he doesnt deserve to start. Cassano and Miccoli would be better in my opinion. However, if he regains his form as he did before the world cup, then i say go for him as a starter. Cassano and Miccoli are both great young talents but none have experienced a major tournament.

Del Piero's best chance to prove himself was last world cup and i believe that with the short amount of time he had on the field, he played very well and proved that Traps is a senile man.

one last point. When Del Piero enters the pitch off the bench, he seems to look more determined and he generally plays better.

i suppose its going to be down to what formation and who traps' chooses in his squad.

cassano and miccoli will never play together.. there should be one of them only.. IMO, trap will go for the old-timers like Vieri, inzaghi or DP.. alongside with totti..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

agreed,and like Gandalf said one of the old-timers will play alongside Totti,and IMo on current form it should be C.Vieri

Aug 1, 2003
    I'm still going for tott-dp and lone striker vieri although I would love to have my future husband Pippo inzaghi in there. stupid trap, pippo surpassed altobelli's record and you still do not want to give him a shit of game.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    agreed,and like Gandalf said one of the old-timers will play alongside Totti,and IMo on current form it should be C.Vieri
    That assumes a 4-4-1-1 formation. Isn't Italy's player pool more suited to a 4-3-1-2?

In either case, I think Del Piero's role for the squad is as a substitute now - Totti is the better choice. He's definately worth using as an impact sub, so he has an important role to play. I think that the substitute strikers have almost as important a role in the modern game as the starting ones.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

cassano and miccoli will never play together.. there should be one of them only.. IMO, trap will go for the old-timers like Vieri, inzaghi or DP.. alongside with totti..
    i never said they should be played together. i said that both deserve it more than del piero right now.

if traps uses the 4-2-3-1 formation, then totti, del piero and cassano would be better to use as miccoli isnt really that effective in one of those roles. but if its the normal 4-3-1-2, then cassano or miccoli should fight it out as the support striker.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Del Piero proved his capabilities in the qualifiers forming the golden trio with Vieri and Totti. That trio, are gonna be the starters. As for the right wing, it will either be Camoranesi, because trap has some fetish with him, micolli, or maybe another player such as fiore???

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    As for the National team, Del Piero doesnt play very much bad games. In the games within the past year or so that I have watched with DP in them, he performed well. IMO, the DP of Juve and the DP of Italia are two different players. Non superior to the other. However, the DP of Italia is a little more consisten, as his goal tally tellls.

Aug 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    As for the National team, Del Piero doesnt play very much bad games. In the games within the past year or so that I have watched with DP in them, he performed well. IMO, the DP of Juve and the DP of Italia are two different players. Non superior to the other. However, the DP of Italia is a little more consisten, as his goal tally tellls.
    Yes i certanley agree with you presian mafia i belive that he has done very well with the national team and i think trapp is to blind to see that!
    well i think del piero is consisten with both juve in the national team unlike some player we know of in the national team

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Let DP EARN his start like everyone else and lets stop giving him chance after chance for the sake of other players just because of WHO he is. I think HE HAS the ability to do great things but has NOT shown it for the National Team in any tournament. What he has shown us is his inability to shake off a bad game, his inability to regain his confidence and his inability to recover in time from injury (not putting blame on him). THIS IS LA NAZIONALE and NOBODY gets a "pass" whomever you are...whomever you play for...you want it..EARN IT.
    By the way, you people calling Trap blind..Trap is blind in some ways but this sure IS NOT one of them "Habibi"....Del Piero has failed to deliver in EVERY tournament for the national team and is a renound CHOKER...scoring goals in qualifying rounds.that is the big contribution to the national team..give me a break...is he Dino Baggio or ALEX DEL PIERO because his reputation far exceeds his skill with the National Team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)