Trabelsi to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
It would be good if we could get him, he wants to play for us as well! Love for the club is very important

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he is a must. we have been linked to him many times before. i'd sacrfice thuram to get trabelsi. he is younger and he is a player who can be good for at least another 4 seasons.

trabelsi mexes ferrari zambrotta

with squillaci, legrottaglie, bonera and a player who can be back up on both full back positions. plus ferrara. that would be fine for me.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Oh, I think it doesn't matter where in the center he plays, as long as he plays in the center
I think it really matters if he never played there. You must turn on a different side when you play left center and you must be able to kick with your left foot in some situations. Mexès is like Ferrari. They only play Right Center so one of them could start with Juve. IMO

OP
Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    agree with you mark, but i think they can learn to play together. future stars of France & Italy, could be the best partnership for years to come. ( i just hope it will be a Juve one )

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve100% ] ++
    agree with you mark, but i think they can learn to play together. future stars of France & Italy, could be the best partnership for years to come. ( i just hope it will be a Juve one )
    They could play in a back 3 with one of them on the right and the other in center but Lippi doesn't play that way.

OP
    Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29
    come to think of it i dont see Moggi going with two young defenders at the back (Mexes & Ferrari), he'll porbably try and get one and maybe Lucio or just play with what he has already i.e Thuram, Legro, Ferrara

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Maybe he's waithing to see what happens with the Roma situation and go for Samuel or Chivu for the defense. ;)

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    mexes-ferrari

chivu-samuel

nesta-maldini

it's probably the best we can get but it still pales in comparison to the other two
    True, but our players rarely match-up better than the opposition's...

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I think it's a team concept and the D's need the help of their midfieders too. They should all take the blame, not only the defenders.

Remember that backline; Torricelli, FERRARA, VIERCHEWOOD, Pessotto

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    sure mexes and ferrari wouldnt be a nesta-maldini or samuel-chivu, but it would be one of the best young central pairing.

and who knows, in two years time, it may very well be one of the best. maldini wont be around much longer and milan dont exactly have a great replacement as yet. and with roma being in financial trouble, chivu or samuel might not be around.

wouldnt it be great if moggi took samuel and chivu away from roma...:D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    it would be a good pairing for sure. but once again, does moving thuram, a player who hasnt been good this season to the middle count as a risk? i think if we sell thuram, moggi may be forced to bring in two younger defenders because thuram can play both so we would have to buy to cover both right back and the possibility of centre back also.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    I think Lippi will use Thuram as a centre def. next year.

Thuram---Mexes

Thats what I predict!
    Thuram---Ferrari is much more likely, and both of them are a bit lacking, IMO. None of the players mentioned have good enough aerial ability, and I'm still of the opinion that Thuram is not a good option at central defender. Furthermore, both Ferrari and Mexes will require a period of adjustment, and what happens if our defensive saviour pulls an Appiah? We'll be in the same spot we are now.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    I think Mexes is the solution for all problems! A perfect and nearly complete defender. And I think Mexes has very good aerial ability.
    Thuram needs a good and quick partner, and I think Mexes would be a perfect partner for Thuram. He has everything, Thuram lacks.

What would be your defense??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)