Trabelsi Interview (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Hi guys .. after the Nakata interview I've got you another one .. this time it's Ajax's Tunisian international: Hatem Trabelsi ..

Hatem, could you please talk about the offers that you received this summer?

I didn't receive any concrete official offers .. only interest from Lyon (France), Roma , Inter, and Milan (Italy) .. but anyway, before any move can turn into reality my club should first and foremost agree on the transfer and anyway I am concentrating on training and the matches ahead for the next season and would like to leave such matters for my agent to take care of ..

Of those offers you mentioned, which one would you like the most?

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of Italian or French football .. I'd prefer to play in the English Premier League as I'm interested in the style of play and passion that is offered ..

How can you evaluate Ajax's season especially that the club reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League?

It was an exceptional season especially in the European scene as we progressed in the expense of great clubs like Lyon, Arsenal, and Roma .. luck was against us in the San Siro as we were very close to qualification in the final minutes .. but anyway we have gained important experience knowing that our side is relatively young .. we were very focused in the Champions League and that may have came on the expense of the domestic competitions as the players were tired towards the end of the season and many players were also injured ..

What about the conflict between Koeman and Mido?

I think the problem between the two escalated quickly and unexpectedly .. and in the end there was no way to find and agreement between them .. so it was only natural that Mido left us to play on loan with Celta Vigo (Spain) and he may join Marseille (France) shortly .. this is proffesionalism and players should always continue playing footballs no matter what barriers they face ..

Can you talk about the the 2004 African Nations Cup that Tunisia participates in?

It's a very important and tough tournament because many strong African teams will participate in and it would be extremely difficult to predict the winner .. but I think that teams like Cameroon, Senegal, and Nigeria remain the favourites .. also the hosts, Tunisia .. we have a great coach in Roger Lemerre who is one of the best around and he always tries to develop our team .. he has lined-up friendlies with France, Sweden, Senegal, and Cameroon for us and I'm looking forward to it ..

Who is your favourite internation player?

I like Brazil's Cafu as he has great skill and power .. and also Roberto Carlos .. both of them are special players ..

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Hatem Trabelsi (Ajax) & Dennis Bergkamp (Arsenal) battle for the ball.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Darn, Trabelsi wants to play in England... :wallbang: I was hoping that he could replace Thuram in the future... :down:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    No chance then. I can see why though - he loves to go forward on every possible occasion but it's not something that would be tolerated in Italy.

A defender has to stay back and defend, basta!

Thanks for the interview, Fahad! :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, and Zambrotta goes forward when he's playing left back as well, so I don't see why Lippi wouldn't tolerate Trabelsi.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Thanks for the interview, Fahad! :thumb:
    No problem ;) I actually like doing this stuff, translating interviews and articles concerning football .. I've done three right now: Gatusso, Nakata, and this one .. and I'll try to publish more if I had time/substance available :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I hear you there - I always like doing that either. I used to translate a lot for the Dutch football thread and now occasionally some transfer news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)