Totti could leave (1 Viewer)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #42
    Agent: Totti destined for Spain
    Tuesday 30 March, 2004

Francesco Totti’s former agent claims he would only leave Roma for a Spanish side, but the club has solved its more immediate financial concerns.

“I know him very well,” explained Franco Zavaglia on ‘Radio Radio’, “and I can tell you it would be extremely difficult to tear him away from Roma.”

This week Inter patron Massimo Moratti confirmed he would be willing to make a £35m bid if the Italian international became available.

“In any case,” continued Totti’s ex-agent, “if he was to leave the Capital then it would only be for a move to Spain. Real Madrid or perhaps even Barcelona, but he would certainly not play for another Italian club against his home side.”

The Inter option now seems less likely after Totti’s current representatives released a statement to deny reports they had met with Moratti after Sunday’s 2-1 home defeat to Bologna, despite the fact they were in the city of Milan.

That result effectively ended their Scudetto hopes and could push the ambitious captain elsewhere to seek trophies.

The 27-year-old has already named Real Madrid as his favoured destination, but Merengues star Santiago Solari claimed he was not worthy of the white shirt.

“Totti and Thierry Henry are very good players,” said the winger whose move to Inter collapsed last year, “but not on the same level as our Galacticos like Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, Ronaldo, Raul, David Beckham and Roberto Carlos.”

Roma’s well-publicised financial problems are another key to the potential end of this relationship, but their more immediate issues have now been resolved.

This afternoon the club received £8m from Sky Italia as an advance on the pay-per-view television rights for this season.

In total, the Giallorossi have received approximately £25m in television rights, but were not set to receive this third instalment until April 30.

This sum would be enough to allow Roma to pass UEFA’s new test on the financial stability of all clubs wishing to enter their competitions.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    What da fok i solari talking about?:rolleyes:

Totti could be even better than all the galacticos... well maybe not better than zidane but who knows.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    as much as I hate to admit it, I respect Totti's well to not play with another italian team against his home team.. he's loyal to his team.. ok, maybe some of you will say that money is what footbal all about.. but, I disagree.. it's about passion to the club.. when the club is in crisis, those players with pasion are the only players who can save the team.. NOT, the highly paid players..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    whats solari on about

Totti and Thierry Henry are very good players,” said the winger whose move to Inter collapsed last year, “but not on the same level as our Galacticos like Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, Ronaldo, Raul, David Beckham and Roberto Carlos.”

totti and henry are the worlds best 2 players in the meantime:stuckup:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Inter rule out Totti bid
    Wednesday 31 March, 2004

Italian giants Inter insist that they are in no position to make a bid for Roma star Francesco Totti.

The capital captain could be on his way out of the Stadio Olimpico and the Nerazzurri have been linked.

However, technical director Marco Branca believes that no Italian side could possibly afford the No 10.

"These Totti stories appear each year," he stated. "In today’s current financial climate such a transfer would not be possible.

"I think it would be very difficult to buy Totti. This is my personal opinion, but this is how I think things stand."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rofl: a bit early to ruin his career anyway, isn't it?

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
    What does Inter wnat anyway????:groan:

They have all these strikers (Vieri-Adriano-Stancovic-Cruz...), and still can NOT win...:D:D:D

*no offense*
    :rolleyes:

And why would Totti go there????:confused:

Yeah, all these GREAT results are pretty tempting to him...:cheesy:

I believe Inter doesnt need Totti, they need Cuper again...he knows the team, the players, and has the perfect equation to win...like last season although it wasnt a good one for them...but at least better than this....

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    figo, he is gettin old and i always thought totti could play winger

actually it is said that joachim will go to real in the end of this season and will take figo's place.

Jul 28, 2002
    Joaquin arif. :D

Totti we be good at chelsea, but then i woul dhave to put up with his egotistical yapping on the epl all week.:cool:

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by jenozide ] ++
    I think may be Totti will leave Roma [Because Roma is Loser]
    ....about Thuram , Perez[Real Madrid] want to buy him
    Well, let's be nuetral and very objective about it...

Roma is not loser...they have great players, and no one can deny that...they have Totti...

They aslo have Montella, Delvicchio, and Cassano, whom I think is a promising player for the azzurre in the near future...there's also this new guy, I believe his name is D'Augstino *spelling*...he's so fast....

As for Thuram, I guess Perez is not looking for someone with effeciency, he's looking for someone with fame like Becks :fero: *I hate him*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)