Torres to juve (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
Juve's Torres bid rejected Wednesday 5 May, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to reports Juventus have offered four stars in exchange for Fernando Torres, but Atletico Madrid are refusing to negotiate.

The Italian press maintains that 20-year-old striker Torres impressed the Bianconeri so much during this season that they are set to make a quadruple bid.

The club would be willing to hand over internationals Paolo Montero, Mauro German Camoranesi (pictured), Igor Tudor and Marcelo Zalayeta.

Juve would have the advantage over other clubs such as Manchester United and Milan, as they would allow Torres to stay in Madrid until 2005 or maybe even a year later.

However, Atletico President Enrique Cerezo has cut down any reports linking the hitman to a summer move.

“It is pointless for other clubs to come knocking at our door,” assured the patron, “because we won’t open it.”

Juventus are also eager to get negotiations under way early, as Torres is expected to make quite a splash with Spain.

“We would be stupid to sell him now, as I am absolutely convinced this lad will have a great European Championship in Portugal, and after that his price tag will rise considerably.”

The youngster has already impressed Italian sides with his goal in the recent 1-1 friendly against Spain.

Wooow this is crazy stuff, 4 player, abd leave him at am?? that would be crazy, unless we are getting a shag load of new players, cos if we do then it would be brilliant:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    if i were athletico, i wouldnt except that offer unless it cam with at least 5 million,but a year extra takes the piss.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
    That is the point a year extra for Atletico to use the service of Torres. If the transaction is done before the start of the season, Atletico can go for another shopping spree by trading all the players from Juve, and still having the service of Torres under the belt.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
    F***N arrogrant Atletico.... :fero: :fero:
    They are not! They are very smart. If Torres will play a great European Championship then like Altetico's president said his price will rise much more...

I think Torres is a bet. Is very young and that means he can improve so much more, but there are so many cases of young brilliant strikers that lost their way that should make Juve be cautious about this. Honestly I like Gila better than Torres. Gila has already one or two season of serie A experience while Torres doesn't. We all know about spanish players that come to Serie A. In la Liga there are much more spaces for strikers than in Serie A. Gila already showed that is quite a striker scoring 19 goals with two more games to go...

I say Gila all the way. Besides having see both of them in action. I think Gila is much more stronger physically than Torres and more complete, although Torres is faster and maybe a little bit more skilled than Gila.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    But Milan already make gamble with KAKA this season and they f*** s*** play so good.

If Ac Milan make Torres deal and their success to with this gamble. It will be our second KO by Milan.

I think we must save the service from Torres because he is a great one.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    I hate Atletico! How ignorant can you be???
    I think we shouldn't get crazy over him, and maybe try for any other young talent!

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ac milan have stronger links with athletico than us, we have merely loaned them a single player,milan have done numerous deals with them before.

Torres is a wee bit too expensive for me, but if nike gave us some cash then i would be happy if we could get him, cos he will be massive in the future.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    Wooow this is crazy stuff, 4 player, abd leave him at am?? that would be crazy, unless we are getting a shag load of new players, cos if we do then it would be brilliant:D
    That's actually not a bad idea if it worked. There's no way we have the money to buy him, so giving them four useless players and letting Torres stay a while is brilliant, except that no one is foolish enough to accept that deal.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    This would certainly be a good move for us, as we could get Gilardino now and bring Torres to Juve next season or the one after that when DP won't have alot to offer the club as far as performances go.

About the bid... Montero, Tudor and Zalayeta can leave for sure, and even though I wouldn't mind keeping Camo he would be easy to replace as Prandelli could bring Marchionni with him from Parma, or we could take in Evra and return Zambrotta to his right midfield role.

Torres is definitely worth it imo.

Mar 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by rainhard ] ++
    But Milan already make gamble with KAKA this season and they f*** s*** play so good.

If Ac Milan make Torres deal and their success to with this gamble. It will be our second KO by Milan.
    I think that we will give them a KO by capturing Gila....IMO.
    And Torres will not join Milan. They still have 3 good strikers that arnt linked with anybody so far. And if they will capture a foward,it will be Crespo or Morientes.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    @John: Yeah, Milan gave Atletico practically half of their reserves, but as mentioned in the article we're willing to let Torres stay in Spain for another year or two, and that could be the telling factor. Also, didn't Ancelotti say that he isn't planning on changing his strike force next season?

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    @John: Yeah, Milan gave Atletico practically half of their reserves, but as mentioned in the article we're willing to let Torres stay in Spain for another year or two, and that could be the telling factor. Also, didn't Ancelotti say that he isn't planning on changing his strike force next season?

i dont if fiLipo and jon dal can puLL off another year

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++

They are not! They are very smart. If Torres will play a great European Championship then like Altetico's president said his price will rise much more...
    It is true, but imo Cerezo is very confident or stuckup to say this:

“It is pointless for other clubs to come knocking at our door,” assured the patron, “because we won’t open it.”

We all know the story of Louis Saha and Fulham right :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)