Torres to juve? (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Contrary to the odd Barca contingency here, I would take Torres over a Ronaldhino in a heartbeat. There are few strikers in La Liga with as much potential, IMO.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Contrary to the odd Barca contingency here, I would take Torres over a Ronaldhino in a heartbeat. There are few strikers in La Liga with as much potential, IMO.

What a comparision......yeah and I would take Zidane over Torres.
Ronaldinho is a pure playmaker. And a best IMO now in the world.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I highly doubt Torres will come to Juve; it ain't gonna happen. If and/or when Atletico Madrid sells Torres, he will go to the highest bidder. Chelsea is really keen on Torres as well, and Moggi is not going to out do Abramovich when it comes to money. And also Torres is a young Spaniard, and we all know how well young Spaniards fit in Italy. So Torres will not come to Juve, so don't even speculate.

What makes you guys think Torres would be better than Gilardino? Alberto has proven himself in Serie A, and he can only get better cuz he is still young. Gila also scores more goals than Torres as well, and he plays in Italy; a hell of a lot tougher of a league to score in than Spain. So Gilardino will come and succeed at Juve, not Torres.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Torres is an excellent prospect. He certainly has a brilliant future ahead of him, both at club and international level, but I don't see why he would come to Juve. Olivera could probably be used as part of the deal, but Torres has repeatedly stated that he intends to stay with Atletico for as long as possible, and he won't be cheap.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
we could give more than olivera in the deal. we have plenty of players to offer in exchange. Torres has more potential than gilardino, but both havent really proven themselves as they are still young. What does worry me is that moggi will buy Torres and loan him to bologna, then put him in a deal to get a parma player, then they loan him to brescia, then he returns to juve for a season, then goes back on loan to reggina, then to a serie B club, then at the age of 27, he hasnt played for juve at all and we have destroyed a player who could have been the best in the world. Exaggerating....well, yeah, to a certain extent, but i wouldnt put it past moggi.

anyway, if moggi gets torres, gilardino wont join. i only see one young star striker coming in, even though i think two would be even better.

Oct 1, 2002
I think it is possible we get 2 star strikers. I have feeling that Di Vaio will be sold this summer. he's been out from first team action for a while.

if Treze, Zalayeta,Salas and Divaio is leaving, we only have DP,Miccoli and Kapo as our strikers. Kapo is more likely to play in AM position, DP and Miccoli both are not target strikers. Sculli is unlikely to go back from loan.
so it is obvious that we need new strikers.

++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
we could give more than olivera in the deal. we have plenty of players to offer in exchange. Torres has more potential than gilardino, but both havent really proven themselves as they are still young. What does worry me is that moggi will buy Torres and loan him to bologna, then put him in a deal to get a parma player, then they loan him to brescia, then he returns to juve for a season, then goes back on loan to reggina, then to a serie B club, then at the age of 27, he hasnt played for juve at all and we have destroyed a player who could have been the best in the world. Exaggerating....well, yeah, to a certain extent, but i wouldnt put it past moggi.

anyway, if moggi gets torres, gilardino wont join. i only see one young star striker coming in, even though i think two would be even better.

Aug 1, 2003
He's very hotly linked with AC Milan as far as I know.

Torres is a massive talent, but I just don't see him as one who would truly survive in Serie A. It's just a gut feeling, and I'm probably wrong, but, oh well

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
Moggi would not do that. You don't spend a huge amount of money on a player, then loan him out, no matter how young he is. Usually, that kind of thing happens to players with less stature or players who come up through our youth system.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Haha hope he comes so you Torres fans can see that he's nothing in Italy. Gilardino is so far far better, even tough they are diferrent strikers!.
But for me its okay with Torres, as long as we has Gilardino as a first choice/starter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)