Toro: We Rule Turin Now! (1 Viewer)

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
I don't find anything infamatory or offensive in what Cairo said. Whoever wrote the headline was trying to stir things up.

I don't know who rules Torino as I've met people on both sides and I've met people in Torino who really don't care about soccer at all.

It's a shame about the Derby but if Juve gets their relegation overturned then perhaps we will meet them after all and decide who rules Torino on the pitch!!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Erik-with-a-k said:
I have walked the streets of Turin and found greater enthusiasm for Torino than I ever did for Juventus barring in the odd pub during matches. Now I suppose it could have been that I found myself predominantly in the part of town and its pubs, bars, restaurants and theatres where most of Torino's supporters live. That still wouldn't change the experiences I had the times I was in Turin.
Well im glad you are talking form your experience, but most arent. As you say depending on where you happen to be when you talk to people the outcome is different, there are areas to the north east where 90% ale Milan supporters, areas in the south that are predominently samp and genoa fans... It varies...

But then even that experience does not account for the fact that in this supposed toro city... Juve attendances over the last 60 years are virtually allways far higher and for the most part around twice that of opur city rivals...

Not too mention of course the various polls (generally pretty equal or slightly juve) that are regularly printed in the local press... especially one recent one carried out by a certain toro supporters clubs weekly paper, who canvassed over 100000 people through various means over a six month period that found a 60/40 split in juves favour...

But the mai n point is that so many people say that we have poor crowds because the city is granata... Yet their attendances are worse than ours... So where does this come from.. What is this based on...

Apparently the city hates us and loves toro, yet even less people goto see them... Does that make sense ? I dont think so...

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I read this and the only intresting part where they said that the Delle Alpi is being reconstructed. I thought we had shelved this porject..?!

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
I with them luck for the coming season, they deserve to be back and that plane crash should have never happened.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
salman said:
where do torino rank in italy when it comes to trophies won in in all time?
4th?

they have won 7 scudetto's.....pretty dam crappy seeing how they won 5 in a row.....so they ranked 5th all time

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
AzzurriGirl said:
I don't find anything infamatory or offensive in what Cairo said. Whoever wrote the headline was trying to stir things up.
I don't know who rules Torino as I've met people on both sides and I've met people in Torino who really don't care about soccer at all.

It's a shame about the Derby but if Juve gets their relegation overturned then perhaps we will meet them after all and decide who rules Torino on the pitch!!

I was just going to say that :confused:

He even said he hopes we return to serie a

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
yeah i agree, the headline was from channel4.com straight though....dont know why they put in something like that..

anyway i dont mind the toro team, mybe only their shirt colour that i have a problem with

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Respaul said:
Well im glad you are talking form your experience, but most arent. As you say depending on where you happen to be when you talk to people the outcome is different, there are areas to the north east where 90% ale Milan supporters, areas in the south that are predominently samp and genoa fans... It varies...

But then even that experience does not account for the fact that in this supposed toro city... Juve attendances over the last 60 years are virtually allways far higher and for the most part around twice that of opur city rivals...

Not too mention of course the various polls (generally pretty equal or slightly juve) that are regularly printed in the local press... especially one recent one carried out by a certain toro supporters clubs weekly paper, who canvassed over 100000 people through various means over a six month period that found a 60/40 split in juves favour...

But the mai n point is that so many people say that we have poor crowds because the city is granata... Yet their attendances are worse than ours... So where does this come from.. What is this based on...

Apparently the city hates us and loves toro, yet even less people goto see them... Does that make sense ? I dont think so...
All valid points except perhaps the attendances of which I don't really know how many people are from Turin. I've met people when I lived in Salerno who regularly went to visit Juve's home games (and of course their away games if they happened to be in the region) and I've met people in Florence with season tickets. God only knows how many supporters stream into the Delle Alpi every two weeks from Liguria and Lombardia. So you can see why (together with my experiences of the city of Turin) I drew the conclusion the city is predominantly Granata.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I can see why Torino can never forget their past, why so cynical of Juve's succes? Its not like Juve rigged the plane or anything.

Anyways I have always rooted for Torino, it would be a great match to watch if Turin had their own "giant rivals" like Milan and Rome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)