Top ten teams in the world!!! (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well, PSV and Dortmund, Leeds they are not exactly big, but big-ish.

Big IMO is teams like ourselves, real madrid, barca, milan, man U, Bayern, Valencia, Depor etc

and until they beat one of these teams convincingly this year, there is no way people should be saying they can win this thing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
<Paolo_Montero >
"Big IMO is teams like ourselves, real madrid, barca, milan, man U, Bayern, Valencia, Depor etc

and until they beat one of these teams convincingly this year, there is no way people should be saying they can win this thing."
</Paolo_Montero >

I totally agree with you!!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
okay,but there's no saying that they can't.
no, of course not, Its just all this hype is unfounded IMO because they haven't proved they are one of the best teams.

juvesta, great minds think alike! :thumb::D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
well, PSV and Dortmund, Leeds they are not exactly big, but big-ish.

Big IMO is teams like ourselves, real madrid, barca, milan, man U, Bayern, Valencia, Depor etc

and until they beat one of these teams convincingly this year, there is no way people should be saying they can win this thing.
So you define big on reputation?

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
well . . .for me the 1st 5 teams are as follows . . :
1 REAL MADRID (offcourse)
2 AC MILAN
3 Barcelona
4 Juventus
5 MAN UTD

This is based on the performances in the last 10 years . . .
thnx

James

Sep 27, 2002
There is a lot of hype about Arsenal at the moment, but it's well
deserved as they are simply irresistable just now. It could
be argued that Arsenal haven't always impressed in the
Champions' League, especially away from home but they can
certainly give the top sides something to worry about and I
don't include Juve in that category. In fact Juve are far less
likely to win it than Arsenal. { don't mention Juve's narrow win
over the Gunners last season, as Arsenal even well below their
best that night still created enough chances to win 3 games }

Anyone who thinks Juve can win this thing with their current
side is crazy. I'd love to know how many 'big' teams this Juve
team has beaten recently. I knew last season when Celtic
outplayed us twice, that we lacked real quality in midfield and
sadly this season, it seems nothing has changed as Newcastle
despite losing, made us look very ordinary. Basically, Juventus
lack class in midfield and until we get it, we can forget about
winning this trophy.

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
<James >
{ don't mention Juve's narrow win
</James >

I would be ashamed if i was an arsenal fan if someone mentioned that game bcos juventus fielded virtually a reserve side.Arsenal's life kinda depended on it on that day and they could not even get a draw. Arsene wenger is one of the coaching personalities i respect&admire the most, but after that game he gave what i consider one to be of the lamest excuses ever from him.He said deportivo didn't try hard bcos they fielded reserves against neverkusen and yet his hyped team couldn't even draw against juve reserves.:D:down::down:

I agree with you when you say our midfield is not one of the best. but i have this feeling that we might go a bit far even better than the hyped arsenal. Just wait and see.:confused::D...:D:D
By the way i have nothing against arsene's men,if i was to support a team in the EPL it would be them.(Islington used to be my hood,i would be kinda biased towards them,so they wouldn't be a bad choice 4me).

<Paolo_Montero >
juvesta, great minds think alike!
</Paolo_Montero >
True..!! thanx a lot.::cool::thumb:

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by James ] ++
There is a lot of hype about Arsenal at the moment, but it's well
deserved as they are simply irresistable just now. It could
be argued that Arsenal haven't always impressed in the
Champions' League, especially away from home but they can
certainly give the top sides something to worry about and I
don't include Juve in that category. In fact Juve are far less
likely to win it than Arsenal. { don't mention Juve's narrow win

Anyone who thinks Juve can win this thing with their current
side is crazy. I'd love to know how many 'big' teams this Juve
team has beaten recently. I knew last season when Celtic
outplayed us twice, that we lacked real quality in midfield and
sadly this season, it seems nothing has changed as Newcastle
despite losing, made us look very ordinary. Basically, Juventus
lack class in midfield and until we get it, we can forget about
winning this trophy.
I totally agree with you. Juve are lacking the necessary quality in midfield, and the defence isn't very reliable. We proved we are able to convinsingly win in CL by winning 5-0 with Dynamo Kiev, but once we qualify for the 2nd group stage and meet teams like Real Madrid, Deportivo or...Arsenal, we will surely have big problems.

However, when talking about winning the tournament, I disagree with you when you say that Arsenal have bigger chances to win it than Juve. If you would say Milan, Barcelona or Bayern I would agree, but I believe Juve have more quality and better mentality than Arsenal, maybe the most important two factors when talking about winning a trophy. Arsenal may have a great start of the season and may have several quality players like Henry, Ljungberg, Pires or Vieira, but those are still worse than the players in Juve. Another thing, Arsenal's defence sucks and their "hero" David Seaman is far from good enough to stop the deadly strikers in the tournament. At this point Juve are much better equipped.
So I would say that it's very unrealistic to say that Juve or Arsenal could win the Chapions League, but when comparing these two teams, I have more faith in Juve's abilities.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++
However, when talking about winning the tournament, I disagree with you when you say that Arsenal have bigger chances to win it than Juve. If you would say Milan, Barcelona or Bayern I would agree, but I believe Juve have more quality and better mentality than Arsenal, maybe the most important two factors when talking about winning a trophy. Arsenal may have a great start of the season and may have several quality players like Henry, Ljungberg, Pires or Vieira, but those are still worse than the players in Juve. Another thing, Arsenal's defence sucks and their "hero" David Seaman is far from good enough to stop the deadly strikers in the tournament. At this point Juve are much better equipped.
So I would say that it's very unrealistic to say that Juve or Arsenal could win the Chapions League, but when comparing these two teams, I have more faith in Juve's abilities.
Take off the blinders man. Arsenal is the most dynamic team out there right now. They have consistently ripped apart everyone that they've faced. You say that we have better players than Arsenal, but everyone can tell you that Vieira, Pires, Henry, and Ljungberg are just as good as Davids, Nedved, Zambrotta, and Del Piero; and if they say that they aren't as good then they will admitt that they play as well together.

As for the defence, I can tell that you don't watch many Arsenal games, because their defence with Sol Campbell is insanely good. And Seaman is still a top quality keeper, or do you so easily forget his stellar performances at the WC in the face of one lucky goal?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
you have to admit that is a significant weakness for a keeper to have, misjudjing the flight of the ball. He did it against Bolton too this season.

Other than that, he's still a quite good keeper though

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
you have to admit that is a significant weakness for a keeper to have, misjudjing the flight of the ball. He did it against Bolton too this season.

Other than that, he's still a quite good keeper though
He does have his shortcomings, I'm not denying that, but he is also an amazing keeper in some ways. If you saw the England vs. Sweden game at the WC, you know what I'm talking about.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
He does have his shortcomings, I'm not denying that, but he is also an amazing keeper in some ways. If you saw the England vs. Sweden game at the WC, you know what I'm talking about.
for sure, he basically won the point for England that match. Its such a shame he has that weakness, prevents him from world class status IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)