Top ten teams in the world!!! (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

In doubt that Inter or Man U will make it and Valencia will definantly not.
I can't see why you would question these two teams making progress at the moment, although united did go through a patchy spell. However, they both have great form at present and great pedigree in the champions league. Who would you suggest progressing instead of these two from the list?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Manutd.Visitor ] ++
I can't see why you would question these two teams making progress at the moment, although united did go through a patchy spell. However, they both have great form at present and great pedigree in the champions league. Who would you suggest progressing instead of these two from the list?
I can't tell who is going to make a good run of form, but it seems to me that Man U specifically is weak in some key areas. They have a good pedigree, from one year when they were exceptional, but they don't even have the same type of team and most of the good players on that squad are gone.

Aug 30, 2002
I would agree that if we get an injury to van nistelrooy we're screwed but, the rest of the squad when fit is pretty strong. Sir Alex made a big mistake selling Jaap, however they've replaced him with Rio who is a better all round player. We do need another striker though... Last season the team was worse than this season yet still reached the semis so, I'm pretty confident of at least repeating that.

It's a crap stat if you're a united fan since we always want to win the champs league but we hold a record or something for always reaching the knockout stages. If I had a million pounds I would bet you it that United will EASILY reach the quarters.

Jul 12, 2002
I would agree that if we get an injury to van nistelrooy we're screwed but, the rest of the squad when fit is pretty strong. Sir Alex made a big mistake selling Jaap, however they've replaced him with Rio who is a better all round player. We do need another striker though... Last season the team was worse than this season yet still reached the semis so, I'm pretty confident of at least repeating that.

It's a crap stat if you're a united fan since we always want to win the champs league but we hold a record or something for always reaching the knockout stages. If I had a million pounds I would bet you it that United will EASILY reach the quarters.
OK, first of all yes, it was a mistake to sell Stam, but Jaap is just as good as Ferdinand any day.

Next, you certainly are screwed if Van Nistelrooy gets injured, or if he doesn't keep up his scoring pace, but Man U also lacks a decent partner for Ferdinand in the back and a good keeper. The difference between the CL winning Man U and the others was Peter Schmiechel. Barthez is no Schmiechel, and niether is Carol.

Manutd.Visitor

Aug 30, 2002
:confused: yeah, yeah... I agree that the defencive stability aint as strong as it was way back when we won the champs league but, even though I fancy united going a long way, we're only stating that they will reach the quarter finals not win it.

I'm sure you saw united reach the semi's last year yet we didn't have stam, ferdinand or even John O'shea who is now ready for the first team. So you can at least understand the reason for my optimism.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
:confused: yeah, yeah... I agree that the defencive stability aint as strong as it was way back when we won the champs league
that does not seem to be the case,they have only conceded 6 goals in the epl but the problem now is the suspect attack,if it weren't for giggs and solksjaer they would be in hot soup now.
(btw they hace only scored 9 goals in the epl, the lowest in the top 8 i believe.)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Rickenbacker, what the hey just to show you how super confident I am that united will DEFINATELY reach the quarter finals I will bet you £50 or something else, they do it.:lick:
You know what, I miss Juve meet ManU (and Liverpool or Real ;)). I just hope that sooner or later they'll meet in CL this season :)

Jul 12, 2002
Rickenbacker, what the hey just to show you how super confident I am that united will DEFINATELY reach the quarter finals I will bet you £50 or something else, they do it.:lick:
I admire your confidence in your team, but I don't bet on football.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I think we should eat our hats if they don't;)
I'm already down to eat my hat for something..forgot what it was though :fool:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I'm already down to eat my hat for something..forgot what it was though :fool:
I hope that you've got lots of garlic, and salt, it is my experience that hats lack flavour.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Current Top 10 :
1. Arsenal
2. Valencia
3. Milan
4. Real Madrid
5. Juventus
6. Manchester Utd
7. Deportivo
8. Barcelona
9. Real Betis
10. Lyon

Arsenal and Valencia hold the top 2 spots at the moment. The Londoners are in ripping form and I wont be surprised if they win the Premiership for the 2nd time in a row. Expect a good CL performance from the Gunners also. Valencia on the other hand have enjoyed some splendid results in the Champions League,and look sure of qualification. Milan stay at number 3 after being held by Lazio at the weekend and edging out Bayern Munich in Germany midweek. Real have notched up 2 draws in a row and drop 3 spots,while Juve find themselves at number 5 despite disposing of Newcastle 2-0 on Tuesday. Man U,Super Depor,Barca,an inform Real Betis and Olympique Lyonaiss complete the top ten.

Top 5 Inform Players :
1. Inzaghi
2. Del Piero
3. Makaay
4. Aimar
5. Guti

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)