Top ten teams in the world!!! (2 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
denco,if you mean no club deserves to be in the top 5 with respect to their recent performances,then i cannot help but agree.
however,if "at the moment" refers to achievements over the past years including those of ancient history then no doubt my list would look like this:
1)real madrid
2)barca
3)ac milan
4)juventus
5)ajax

that's pretty fair isn't it?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
If you took Manchester united to the La liga, i can assure you without any fear whatsoever that they will not win that particular league and i dop believe that Real Madrid with thier players will dominate Epl

Its not that Real Madrid think Cl is more important , its just they do not have the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea handing over the league year in year out

Why do you think that Man united are finding it difficult of late, its not because they are any worse off, its just that Liverpool and more especially Arsenal have steeped up their level of consistency

Why do you think most ppl on here do not respect the Epl. Look at Arsenal, they are now invincible in Epl but in Europe they still lose to a third rate Juve side and Depor at home

Milan did dominate the league and so did Barcelona dominate the La liga

As for Liverpool and Inter, they have won neither so either will be excellent to them but i suspect to win your league is the greatest feeling.

If you want to know how strong La liga really is watch the games and you will know

Real Madrid, barcelona, Valencia, Deportivo, Real Betis and Celta Vigo, on their day are fantastic while Malaga, Athletico Madrid and Real Soceildad are okay sides
Denco man, you say a lot of stuff but I just don't hear what you say... Who said anything about ManU winning La Liga, Arsenal not ManU are champions. If Real were consistant (which is what I have been trying to drum into your head) they probably would win the EPL but, if they remain inconsistant in terms of the league they would not as they would not in La Liga.

Yes, the rest of the big teams in the EPL have improved but if you asked any Man United fan what the main problems of late have been, they would say things like: the departure of Jaap Stam... tinkering around with a successful formation... sale of strikers with no real replacements... trying to accommodate a dodgy Veron...

Again, I'm not the biggest Arsenal fan but performance wise they were unlucky not to progress last year... something about Depor not playing their top players against Bayer thus handing them the game?

As for people not respecting the EPL, well that's of no consequence because one set of people say this another say that.

I think you may watch La Liga as I do sometimes and those sides are fantastic at times but poor at others... big deal. Anyway I'm not going to argue that the Premiership is better because La Liga I would say has the edge.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Manutd.Visitor ] ++

Denco man, you say a lot of stuff but I just don't hear what you say... Who said anything about ManU winning La Liga, Arsenal not ManU are champions. If Real were consistant (which is what I have been trying to drum into your head) they probably would win the EPL but, if they remain inconsistant in terms of the league they would not as they would not in La Liga.
In layman terms , Man unitedvisitor, what you term inconsistent about Real Madrid in La liga, will be enough for them to win the EPl

From your previous posts, you are saying that because they have not won the la liga as consistently as Manchester |United has won the Epl, so that in your view makes them incostitent, but my point is that whereas they could go to places like Malaga and not play 100% and lose, Manchester United will go to places like Charlton not play 100% and win, but i guarantee you that if it was the other way round, and Real Madrid were in the Epl, that consiistency you keep harping on, they would have won the league CONSISTENTLY and won the CL

Please never imply that I am thick again, i did understand you, its not my fault that you do not see where i am coming from

Yes, the rest of the big teams in the EPL have improved but if you asked any Man United fan what the main problems of late have been, they would say things like: the departure of Jaap Stam... tinkering around with a successful formation... sale of strikers with no real replacements... trying to accommodate a dodgy Veron...
Yes that is true, but in the past Newcastle have blown a 12 point lead, allowing Man united to win the league, while the time Man united went to Brazil to play that club championship, but Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea could not build up a lead, so much so that after 5 weeks when Man United came back they were still 1 point behind the leaders with about 5 games in hand, Do you think that will be possible in Spain or Italy

Again, I'm not the biggest Arsenal fan but performance wise they were unlucky not to progress last year... something about Depor not playing their top players against Bayer thus handing them the game?
Thats a lame excuse, Depor do not owe Arsenal or anyother team, a favour as they had an important league match the next weekeknd, and Arsenal should not have lost at home to Depor, or drawn in the last minute to Bayer or at least had done their bit by defeating a Juve side that primavera players were taking part

Well what I am saying in effect is that Real Madrid have proved they are the best team in the world and as the Spanish say, Depor is the best team in Spain but Real Madrid is the best in the world, well maybe they will now say Valencia is the best in Spain but its still the same team thats the best in the world

Aug 30, 2002
In layman terms , Man unitedvisitor, what you term inconsistent about Real Madrid in La liga, will be enough for them to win the EPl

From your previous posts, you are saying that because they have not won the la liga as consistently as Manchester |United has won the Epl, so that in your view makes them incostitent, but my point is that whereas they could go to places like Malaga and not play 100% and lose, Manchester United will go to places like Charlton not play 100% and win, but i guarantee you that if it was the other way round, and Real Madrid were in the Epl, that consiistency you keep harping on, they would have won the league CONSISTENTLY and won the CL

Please never imply that I am thick again, i did understand you, its not my fault that you do not see where i am coming from

Yes that is true, but in the past Newcastle have blown a 12 point lead, allowing Man united to win the league, while the time Man united went to Brazil to play that club championship, but Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea could not build up a lead, so much so that after 5 weeks when Man United came back they were still 1 point behind the leaders with about 5 games in hand, Do you think that will be possible in Spain or Italy

Thats a lame excuse, Depor do not owe Arsenal or anyother team, a favour as they had an important league match the next weekeknd, and Arsenal should not have lost at home to Depor, or drawn in the last minute to Bayer or at least had done their bit by defeating a Juve side that primavera players were taking part

Well what I am saying in effect is that Real Madrid have proved they are the best team in the world and as the Spanish say, Depor is the best team in Spain but Real Madrid is the best in the world, well maybe they will now say Valencia is the best in Spain but its still the same team thats the best in the world
How do you know all this, are you looking into a crystal ball or something?

It's funny how you are trying to generate a confrontation by continually pitting the EPL against La Liga and Man United against Real. If I remember correctly my orriginal post related to the hysteria over Real's achievements.

I will say again, La Liga IS the top European league. Real are a great team and probably the best team in the world, with greater potential than they've shown... they could even become the best team in history!

I'm not saying you're thick but try to stop saying this team would win that league, and that one this. You're just guessing. But, just to indulge you, there are particular qualities that all leagues have, for example the pace and power of the Premiership would make it awkward for a team from La Liga to simply walk into it and be a success. The same would be true the other way arround. Not to recognise this is simply being pretentious. As a wild analogy, who would have thought Mendietta would suck so badly at Lazio, or all those other Spanish exports?

That last bit that you say that Real are the best team in the world and Depor the best in Spain, kind of sums up what I've been talking about.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
How much of a chance was Mendietta given at Lazio, you don't shine from the bench so that is not a very good example and besides he went to Lazio at a bad time as Nesta, Fiore, Crespo and Liverani all had bad seasons or do they all suck too

Besides Mendietta is an individual not a team, so its not a spanish team that was taken to SerieA but a Spanish player so thats a mute point.

I am not making any confrontations about any leagues, and if you do not get what I am trying to say thats up to you.

Pace and power, of course are a huge part of the Epl, but Real Madrid dealt with that pace and power when they beat Man United at home 3-2 and at one point were 3 goals up, while Valencia taught Liverpool a football lesson recently. Yes there is pace and power in the Epl but its continually let down by some awful defending

You do not need a crystal ball to know if a certain team will do well in a certain league the Champion's league is there for you to see what will happen if such a situation arises

Do you need a crystall ball to know if Man united will win the Spl, no i don't think so

Tell me why you really think that what Real Madrid have accomplished in the last 5 years is not outstanding

Do you think that Man united will not gladly give back some of their Premiership medals for Cl medals or why do you think Roy Keane gets so mad when Man united go out of Cl

You see when you dominate so much in your country and do not really do much in Europe , it does make your accomplishments look shallow

As a Man united fan didn't the season seem a bit flat to you when you guys had won the league by oh so many points with so many matches to go but went out to Bayern Munich?

Aug 30, 2002
How much of a chance was Mendietta given at Lazio, you don't shine from the bench so that is not a very good example and besides he went to Lazio at a bad time as Nesta, Fiore, Crespo and Liverani all had bad seasons or do they all suck too

Besides Mendietta is an individual not a team, so its not a spanish team that was taken to SerieA but a Spanish player so thats a mute point

You could make those excuses about Mendietta and all the other Spanish flops, then again you could also follow my reasoning that he was in an environment alien to him and couldn't cope...

I am not making any confrontations about any leagues, and if you do not get what I am trying to say thats up to you.
If you're not making confrontations why are you still stating the stuff below.

Pace and power, of course are a huge part of the Epl, but Real Madrid dealt with that pace and power when they beat Man United at home 3-2 and at one point were 3 goals up, while Valencia taught Liverpool a football lesson recently. Yes there is pace and power in the Epl but its continually let down by some awful defending

You do not need a crystal ball to know if a certain team will do well in a certain league the Champion's league is there for you to see what will happen if such a situation arises

Do you need a crystall ball to know if Man united will win the Spl, no i don't think so

If you keep being so simplistic, by your reckoning then, Inter would have won La Liga since they knocked out evential Liga champions Valencia out of the Uefa cup, or the then Liga champions Depor getting a footballing lesson at Depor by ManU to knock them out of the competition. As for Celtic, well god forbid what they would have done in Serie A after favourable performances against Juve...

Tell me why you really think that what Real Madrid have accomplished in the last 5 years is not outstanding

I keep on telling you how great Real are but if you can't handle accepting criticism of them thats your problem. Maybe you should look over all our posts to recap exactly why I have dared to question them, or rather put in context their achievements.

Do you think that Man united will not gladly give back some of their Premiership medals for Cl medals or why do you think Roy Keane gets so mad when Man united go out of Cl

Yes of course we would give up some of our league medals, in the same way we would give up Champions league medals if we won it 7 times and league once. The point is both are important but one may be more important if you havn't won one particicular title for a while

You see when you dominate so much in your country and do not really do much in Europe , it does make your accomplishments look shallow

As a Man united fan didn't the season seem a bit flat to you when you guys had won the league by oh so many points with so many matches to go but went out to Bayern Munich?
It depends what you call not doing much... they have underachieved (hmm, at least someone accepts criticism), then again they always reach the knockout stages... still, it's an underachievement.

Again, as I have been trying to make clear the Champions League is important but so is league success.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Manutd.Visitor ] ++
That's impressive in the past but lets talk about the recent Real Madrid. Nobody can deny the quality or potential of Real at the moment but I don't really respect their recent achievements that much... To me, a team like the great AC Milan side of the early 90's that, won European Cups and dominated domestically do. Real are a great cup side but cannot yet back it up with league success. Maybe it's because they have a dodgy defence, or week squad, or ...
This Ac Milan from 1988 till 1994 won 3 European cups and the league 4 times and Real Madrid won the European cup 3 times and their own league 3 times , not a lot of difference

Aug 30, 2002

This Ac Milan from 1988 till 1994 won 3 European cups and the league 4 times and Real Madrid won the European cup 3 times and their own league 3 times , not a lot of difference

God is in the details... Milans achievements span six years whereas Reals spans a mere... 12 years

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Between 1994 and 2002 which is 8 years Real Madrid win the league 4 times and the Champions league 3 times, did i forget to mention that oops i am sorry

My bad

Jul 12, 2002
Ian are you telling me you think a team which boasts Figo, Raul, Zidane, Carlos, Ronaldo, Helguera, cambiasso, Makelele, Solari, Morientes and Hierro have less potential than any team on the planet?

Potentially no team has anything on Real Madrid, it is if they can live up to that potential that counts
If you wanted a series of one on one battles, they could kill anyone, but I think that right now, Arsenal has the team chemistry and the right combination of talent to beat anyone out there.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well thats what potential is all about and thats what i meant if they all clicked into gear then it will be difficult for any team to live with them

Do not forget also that Wenger is a much better manager than Del Bosque as i feel Del boy is just letting his superstars do all the work for him

Jul 12, 2002
Well thats what potential is all about and thats what i meant if they all clicked into gear then it will be difficult for any team to live with them

Do not forget also that Wenger is a much better manager than Del Bosque as i feel Del boy is just letting his superstars do all the work for him
Indeed, indeed, but it appears as if each Manager's style has worked well for each.

Aug 30, 2002
:mute:

ok I got it wrong, however Real actually won it 3 times:

1994/95
1996/97
2000/01

Before that, they won it 1989/90. Just for reference I'll show all their league triumphs for you.

1931/32
1932/33
1953/54
1954/55
1956/57
1957/58
1960/61
1961/62
1962/63
1963/64
1964/65
1966/67
1967/68
1968/69
1971/72
1974/75
1975/76
1977/78
1978/79
1979/80
1985/86
1986/87
1987/88
1988/89
1989/90
1994/95
1996/97
2000/01

The interesting thing is that Real Madrid sides of old seemed to dominate their league for long periods.

I think we're getting a little sidetracked though, since, the comparisons should be the recent Madrid side. Real have changed a hell of a lot in that time period. You could say they were a completely different side and this one is yet to fulfill it's huge potential.

Also, I'm not a Milan fan but simply recognise their achievements a bit more, at the moment. You need to look a bit more at the the times Milan were runners up in both competitions, games lost, etc.

By the way I also respect the past achievements of Real sides of old and Liverpool etc... this Real side needs to do more.

Aug 30, 2002

something I do agree with you... Arsenal do deserve respect even if as you said before they didn't progress as they should in Europe.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
agreed.they are probably the best performing team so far along with real,2-0 against borussia dortmund and 4-0 against psv eindhoven.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I think these teams will make the quarter finals (maybe this is a bit of hoping as well)

Juventus
Real Madrid
Valencia
Arsenal
Barcelona
Manchester United
AC Milan
Internazionale

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I think these teams will make the quarter finals (maybe this is a bit of hoping as well)

Juventus
Real Madrid
Valencia
Arsenal
Barcelona
Manchester United
AC Milan
Internazionale
In doubt that Inter or Man U will make it and Valencia will definantly not.

Aug 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Juventus
Real Madrid
Valencia
Arsenal
Barcelona
Manchester United
AC Milan
Internazionale
I can't argue with this selection since all these teams are in good form except perhaps Inter. It just remains to be seen who can maintain their form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)