Top 10 Players of This Generation (4 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Dunno, I'd at least add them in the "almost made it list", probably replace Suarez with one of them, as the Uruguayan is the weakest of the 10 you posted imo. He never really took Liverpool anywhere, Uruguay looked better with Forlan as their leader not with Suarez and Cavani, only his time at Barca is truly a success.

But again, your list is very good, very hard to argue about the top 10, the ones that got left out is more a matter of taste and point of view
I respect your opinion, but Suarez was insanely good with Liverpool and single handedly almost dragged that average team to the title (would've done so without Gerrards slip) and has a fantastic scoring record for Uruguay aswell: the team is quite average aside from attack so its hard to drag them to win titles with just goals but he does provide them. With Ajax he scored around a goal per game; he was insane ever since the beginning. Simply put, I believe he is the best striker in the game since R9 and only due to him playing in average teams for a long time pegs him lower than Ibra, who has managed to showcase his talent in the best teams in Europe winning lots of titles. I put Suarez on the list purely due to his outrageous talent, not his trophies and teams. He is a superior striker to Drogba and Van Persie, in my opinion of course.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I respect your opinion, but Suarez was insanely good with Liverpool and single handedly almost dragged that average team to the title (would've done so without Gerrards slip) and has a fantastic scoring record for Uruguay aswell: the team is quite average aside from attack so its hard to drag them to win titles with just goals but he does provide them. With Ajax he scored around a goal per game; he was insane ever since the beginning. Simply put, I believe he is the best striker in the game since R9 and only due to him playing in average teams for a long time pegs him lower than Ibra, who has managed to showcase his talent in the best teams in Europe winning lots of titles. I put Suarez on the list purely due to his outrageous talent, not his trophies and teams. He is a superior striker to Drogba and Van Persie, in my opinion of course.
Where was he this season against Juventus? :p

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I'd swap Suarez with Ibrahimovic. For the rest i'm totally with you.
Let's make a Top 10 overrated players of the same generation

1. Neuer
2. Higuain
3. Busquets
4. Marcelo
5. Schweinsteiger
6. Hazard
7. Pique
8. David Luiz
9. Gerrard
10. Griezmann

Coach: Poop

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

1. Neuer
2. Higuain
3. Busquets
4. Marcelo
5. Schweinsteiger
6. Hazard
7. Pique
8. David Luiz
9. Gerrard
10. Griezmann

Gerrard s not that generation anymore. I'd replace him with either Sterling or de Bruyne..

- - - Updated - - -

Hummels should make it to this top ten too. Maybe instead of Marcelo. :snoop:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Not a top 10, but an XI for 2006-present: Most of these players were active till at least 2014. Haven't included players that rose to prominence after 2010-11.

Buffon
Dani Alves Ramos Chiellini Evra
Iniesta Pirlo Xavi
Messi Ibra Ronaldo

Substitutes XI:
Neuer
Lahm Vidic Puyol Marcelo
Schweinsteiger De Rossi
Robben Kaka Giggs
David Villa

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Gerrard s not that generation anymore. I'd replace him with either Sterling or de Bruyne..

- - - Updated - - -

Hummels should make it to this top ten too. Maybe instead of Marcelo. :snoop:
Damn, you're right. Gerrard always appeared younger to me than he was - maybe because he was banging underage meat

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
It a question of top 10 players, not top 10 most talented players. You simply can't place Dybala there at this point. Same goes for Mpabbe and Griezmann.

They are yet to show their value. Mbappe will easily be on the next list, though, but so far he hasn't proved much bar the obvious talent.
As I said if u are talking about current "Jul 2017 level" of course u can cuz they are. Mbappe, Dybala and Griezmann would be an starter everywhere right now bar RM and Farca

My list of players who played any games since 2000 obviously don't include any of them and hardly would be in top 5 of my list at the end of their career

My top 10 all time would be 1. Pele 2. Maradona 3. Messi 4. Garrincha 5. Real Ronaldo 6. Beckenbauer 7. Cruyff 8. CR7 9. Buffon 10. Di Stefano

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

1. Neuer
2. Higuain
3. Busquets
4. Marcelo
5. Schweinsteiger
6. Hazard
7. Pique
8. David Luiz
9. Gerrard
10. Griezmann

not Marcelo. there must be more than one engrishman on a top 10 overrated players list

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No way Neuer, Pipita and Marcelo are overrated. Marcelo is by far the best LB in the game and has been for quite a while.

I also rate Griezmann highly but I wish he would just leave his club already.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Oldies aside,

1- Messi
2-Ronaldo
3- Iniesta
4- Robben
5- Alves
6- Lewandowski
7- Suarez
8- Ibra
9- Modric
10- Ramos

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Vidal
Caceres
Suarez
Cavani
Tevez
Mandzo
Marcelo
Guti
Felipe Melo even despite going to inda
Gigi
Storari
Sorenson (vs Eto'o)
Bale
Cr7
Vidal
Gatusso
Seedorf
Sissoko
Ronaldinho GOAT
Diego
Kyutt

- - - Updated - - -

Shit thats more then 10

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Vidal
Caceres
Suarez
Cavani
Tevez
Mandzo
Marcelo
Guti
Felipe Melo even despite going to inda
Gigi
Storari
Sorenson (vs Eto'o)
Bale
Cr7
Vidal
Gatusso
Seedorf
Sissoko
Ronaldinho GOAT
Diego
Kyutt

- - - Updated - - -

Shit thats more then 10
been looking forward to see your list :touched: :kiss:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)