Tony Adams Might Be Juve Defensive Coach??????? (2 Viewers)

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
from BBC SPORT

Adams ponders job in Italy

Former Arsenal skipper Tony Adams could be about to resurrect his managerial career in Italy, BBC Sport understands.

Adams has been interviewed by Serie B sides Verona and Torino and also spoke to Juventus about the possibility of becoming their defensive coach.

The 38-year-old has made clear his desire to coach abroad in the past - but does not speak a word of Italian.

Adams resigned as Wycombe Wanderers manager last November after a poor start to their League Two campaign.

Adams was in Italy to continue his mentoring work with disgraced former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu.

The Romanian was banned for seven months last November after testing positive for cocaine and Adams has been helping him get his life back on track since then.

Adams met Juve coach Fabio Capello - who he has described as his managerial hero - to discuss the possibility of continuing to mentor Mutu next season.

And he also discussed the possibility of becoming the club's defensive coach, although he was not subsequently offered the position.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
seems strange to think of Adams as Juve's defensive coach doesn't it?

He was a great player, but how could he improve he best defence in Italy anyway?:D

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    you wouldnt think of an english man helping italians on defence lol but he was a great CB.

and he part of that rehab group for players in england and he partly helped mutu, hes a good character to have at the club.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    Having Adams around at the club would be good I agree - he was a fantastic professional and an amazing leader.

Don't really know what he would do though?

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    i dunno if he would be just a defensive coach or being more interactive with the players but i dont think his italian is good enough to be like that.

he most probadly learn his trade in juve being a defensive coach but i aint to sure but im all for him joining us.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    He doesn't speak a word of Italian..and he looks like Jimmy Nail.

Crocodile Shooooooes, Crocodile Shoes! (if you remember this guy, like me - you watch too much television.)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Muscolino9 ] ++
    He doesn't speak a word of Italian..and he looks like Jimmy Nail.

Crocodile Shooooooes, Crocodile Shoes! (if you remember this guy, like me - you watch too much television.)

She's lying.....she's lying........why does she pretend....:LOL:

U are totally right for that Nail similsrity.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

She's lying.....she's lying........why does she pretend....:LOL:

U are totally right for that Nail similsrity.
    *Opens up Limewire to download the song time (and Muscolino9) forgotten* :LOL:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Muscolino9 ] ++

*Opens up Limewire to download the song time (and Muscolino9) forgotten* :LOL:
    It was long time ago.....man I 'm starting to feel that longing for passed time.....:down:...those were the days....

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I think it will be good for Juve's image, I guess, Tony Adams is pretty respected, I think, in england so to have an englishmen as a defensive coach or as one of the defensive coaches wouldnt be so bad for me, who knows perhaps it will do Mutu alot of good too.

Aug 1, 2003
    I didnt like him when he played football :frown: Well not dislike to be exact rather thought he was... I dont know, average. Nothing special.

And a Juve defensive coach must be special.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)