Tomás Rincón (4 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
As 6th-7th choice? Thats not the role we bought him for

- - - Updated - - -

And he has higher wages than Stu
Both don't matter really. Those are some made up criteria. We should aim for improvement and that assumes Rincon and Mandragora are bench players to Marchisio/Khedira/Pjanic/Tolisso*

* - or some other CM of starting quality that we'll buy in the summer.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Both don't matter really. Those are some made up criteria. We should aim for improvement and that assumes Rincon and Mandragora are bench players to Marchisio/Khedira/Pjanic/Tolisso*

* - or some other CM of starting quality that we'll buy in the summer.
Provided we play the 4231 next season too youd have a midfield of:

Marchisio/Tolisso Pjanic/Khedira

+Rincon and Mandragora? How many games a year do you intend to give to Mandragora, an 18 yo who needs to play, here? Thats exactly the role we have Sturaro for

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Sturaro has to go, he's literally worthless. Lemina won't be used by Max it seems so we should sell and reinvest the money. Rincon is solid enough to be that back up player. For many reasons Sturaro and Lemina can't do even that so we definitely should sell both. We'll need the money for a couple of attacking players for our new shining 4231 :tup:
Spot on :baus:

Do you think we should still bring in Tolisso?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Good game and nice pass, he even did a couple of long nice passes, once he settle he would be an important player for us... What a change, now with this new formation and I see a MF with 2 Pivot with him, Khedira, Pjanic and Marchisio and it's just unbelievable cuz just 4 months ago in some games I was expecting a MF with Asa-Hernanes-Sturaro...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's like a Sturaro with better ball control, more brains, and decent passing ability. Hence, he should get more playing time, with Sturaro relegated to the stands for eternity. I'm so glad Hernanes is gone :heart:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Provided we play the 4231 next season too youd have a midfield of:

Marchisio/Tolisso Pjanic/Khedira

+Rincon and Mandragora? How many games a year do you intend to give to Mandragora, an 18 yo who needs to play, here? Thats exactly the role we have Sturaro for
Well Sturaro is simply not good enough he actually regressed and that's why he should be sold. Mandragora is promising and that justifies his stay here unlike Sturaro's. It didn't hurt Pogba to be on the bench, Rugani despite being 5th choice is doing fine. If Mandragora doesn't develop well enough he will be sold anyway. If he's good enough he'll get his chances at expense of someone else (just like Pogba - Marchisio and Benatia - Rugani).

Spot on :baus:

Do you think we should still bring in Tolisso?
Tbh I don't know. I think we'll need one more CM just in case we decide to play 3 man midfield again. I'm not sure whether it should be Tolisso or someone more in Pjanic mould. It would be nice to have Tolisso as he adds strength, grinta and dynamism on the other hand we saw last night that Pjanic adds something else and we have no replacement for him atm. We have some time till the Summer so I guess the management should watch closely Rincon and Mandragora to decide whether they can contribute more and be given more responsible roles in the team. Based on that we could get just the opposite type to make the midfield complete.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well Sturaro is simply not good enough he actually regressed and that's why he should be sold. Mandragora is promising and that justifies his stay here unlike Sturaro's. It didn't hurt Pogba to be on the bench, Rugani despite being 5th choice is doing fine. If Mandragora doesn't develop well enough he will be sold anyway. If he's good enough he'll get his chances at expense of someone else (just like Pogba - Marchisio and Benatia - Rugani).

Tbh I don't know. I think we'll need one more CM just in case we decide to play 3 man midfield again. I'm not sure whether it should be Tolisso or someone more in Pjanic mould. It would be nice to have Tolisso as he adds strength, grinta and dynamism on the other hand we saw last night that Pjanic adds something else and we have no replacement for him atm. We have some time till the Summer so I guess the management should watch closely Rincon and Mandragora to decide whether they can contribute more and be given more responsible roles in the team. Based on that we could get just the opposite type to make the midfield complete.
Pogba actually started playing a lot in his 1st season even, Rugani for the most part of his career here was 5th choice in a 3 man backline. Only last few games and some random off games we played a back 4. Its a huge difference to being 6th! choice in a 2 man midfield. Also Rugani was 21 when he joined and had a füll Serie A and a full Serie B season behind him already. Mandragora? Hes 19 still and barely played in his career. We extended Sturaro for a reason, and thats the filler role he will be playing here for years. Hes also being called shit by too many people too often. The guy plays for a 5 in a row scudetto winner and was part of Italys QF reaching team last summer. Some respect please

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Pogba actually started playing a lot in his 1st season even, Rugani for the most part of his career here was 5th choice in a 3 man backline. Only last few games and some random off games we played a back 4. Its a huge difference to being 6th! choice in a 2 man midfield. Also Rugani was 21 when he joined and had a füll Serie A and a full Serie B season behind him already. Mandragora? Hes 19 still and barely played in his career. We extended Sturaro for a reason, and thats the filler role he will be playing here for years. Hes also being called shit by too many people too often. The guy plays for a 5 in a row scudetto winner and was part of Italys QF reaching team last summer. Some respect please
Meh, I'll skip that, thanks. He's not good enough, too often a ticking bomb. End of story for me, let's agree to disagree.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
So far this guy hasn't put a foot wrong. He hasn't really been put into challenging scenarios but I really like him so far. He offers something a bit unique from the 2 man midfield in that he can take a ball and burst past his marker quickly, then force a defender from the next bank to come and meet him. It creates better opportunities for our attackers.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
mini Vidal is the best way to describe him, he really reminds me of Arturo a lot. I usually hate those 27 + bench signings but this guy is something different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)