Tomás Rincón (3 Viewers)

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011
No kidding. No club from china would like to sign a player like defender midfielder like tomas.
http://iltifosi.tumblr.com/post/155386329194/tomás-rincón-refused-chinese-mega-bid-for-juventus

Yesterday it was announced that Tomás Rincón had officially joined Juventus, becoming the first Venezuelan player ever to represent the Bianconeri. However, in order to do so, the midfielder refused a lucrative offer from a Chinese club that would have paid both him and his agent far more than the deal with the Serie A champions.

Having seen their Super League rivals splash huge fees and wages on the likes of Oscar and Carlos Tevez, Henan Jianye FC approached Rincón in December. A source involved in those negotiations revealed they offered him a lucrative deal and he was certainly interested in exploring the opportunity, only to quickly refuse when Juventus came calling later in the month.

“This is a dream come true,” the 28-year-old told reporters at his inaugural press conference. “I want to thank Juventus for the confidence they’ve shown in me. Everything happened very quickly but when I heard the club’s name there was no doubt in my mind – they play to win here and that’s what I work for every day.”

So the Old Lady may have lost Axel Witsel after his head was turned by the massive salary he could earn in China, but thankfully El General has other priorities.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
http://iltifosi.tumblr.com/post/155386329194/tomás-rincón-refused-chinese-mega-bid-for-juventus

Yesterday it was announced that Tomás Rincón had officially joined Juventus, becoming the first Venezuelan player ever to represent the Bianconeri. However, in order to do so, the midfielder refused a lucrative offer from a Chinese club that would have paid both him and his agent far more than the deal with the Serie A champions.

Having seen their Super League rivals splash huge fees and wages on the likes of Oscar and Carlos Tevez, Henan Jianye FC approached Rincón in December. A source involved in those negotiations revealed they offered him a lucrative deal and he was certainly interested in exploring the opportunity, only to quickly refuse when Juventus came calling later in the month.

“This is a dream come true,” the 28-year-old told reporters at his inaugural press conference. “I want to thank Juventus for the confidence they’ve shown in me. Everything happened very quickly but when I heard the club’s name there was no doubt in my mind – they play to win here and that’s what I work for every day.”

So the Old Lady may have lost Axel Witsel after his head was turned by the massive salary he could earn in China, but thankfully El General has other priorities.

@Hustini :klin:

Mar 30, 2006
that

He's a tough mofo. Close your eyes and think of Vidal and Gattuso having a kid together. :p

ok let's not exaggerate but you get what kind of player he is. Won't score but tough to play against. Will make the other attacking guys in our team feel better and don't worry a lot about defensive duties. Likes to hold on to the ball.
You think he will be a starter for us? I like his tenacity and how he carries the ball forward after winning it. Even if he does not have the pedigree of a top player I think he could will himself to be a very important player for us and bring back the culture of hard work to our midfield.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #90
    You think he will be a starter for us? I like his tenacity and how he carries the ball forward after winning it. Even if he does not have the pedigree of a top player I think he could will himself to be a very important player for us and bring back the culture of hard work to our midfield.
    he will if we go with 3 guys in front I think.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Not bad. Is Rico better than Lemina and Sturaro, in your opinion? Also, if Rico is such a tough dm, wouldn't it be better to place Marchisio in a more advanced role?
    Better than Stu yes, I haven't seen him enough to tell if hes better than Lemina overall, we will see. However, he is the type of player we needed to make our midfield with Sami and Pjanic function. He is Sturaro with a good passing game , so obviously will fit in with our other 3 starting mids

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Based on what? career of obsecurity in powehouses Hamburg and Genoa til 29?
    I think Lemina is dire in the final third and his work rate is inconsistent. I'd favour Rincon defensively without question and I don't think Lemina does enough in the final third to close the gap. Rincon might be more reliable in possession as well.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
    Until we've actually seen Rincon perform week in and week out it's impossible to compare him with a young player who looked very promising for us. I don't know, maybe you follow Genoa but I highly doubt any of us have been paying much attention to Rincon while he was with Genoa or Hamburg

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    What Basel said, it's better to say Lemina has this or that flaw, but suddenly inferior to fairly random type of all around CM signing like Rincon makes little sense.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Well is Lemina supposed to have some sort of high reputation? He was a pretty unknown prospect we got from a decent French team for about the same that Rincon cost.

From what I've seen of Rincon at Genoa, I personally think he's probably better than Lemina and I gave some reasons why. Not like I said I prefer him to Vidal or something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)