Tokyo 2020 Olympics (14 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Why the Duplantis hate?
I like this guy, just wanted a really close fight with whatever winner. So I wrote 'hopefully not a Duplantis steamroll' rather than 'hopefully not a Duplantis win'
He is incredible, had the altitude at 6.19 even but hit the bar with his chest on the way down.

Personally, I know international football is often a proxy war between nations. And certainly the USA and the USSR turned the Olympics into a proxy Cold War.

But the premise is tiresome. Maybe it's just me being in Portugal where we're excited just to see someone win a single bronze all week. But the whole gold medal count competition between China and the USA comes off as a tasteless analog of the billionaire dick-measuring contest between Space X, Blue Origin, and Virgin Galactic.
Thank you. Absolute cancerous affair between two rotten to the ground systems. You could discuss the reasons and implications ad infinitum and end up dumber than before. Olympics for me is about individual stories and special moments, variety of sports and density of highest level performances, not GLORIOUS CCP vs ONE NASHIUN UNDER GAWD

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
wait Simone Biles performed again after the mental illness thing?
Sounds like the Twisties-Away pills worked.

Joshua Tree is cool, I’ve done a few climbing trips there over the years, but it’s not really a place to live. Boulder and Salt Lake City are the two cities everyone in the outdoors community seems to eventually end up in.
It is a place to live if you like sitting on a cactus, 45°C heat, and neighbors who decorate their yards with collected horse bones. And you don't like health care and think culture is something grown at the bottom of a sawed-off Pepsi liter bottle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)