Tokyo 2020 Olympics (1 Viewer)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Seems that if people are off form or don't fancy it now they have a "mental health moment" and just give up. She had a bad day and that was it.
:lol: and there we go - instead of a well deserved shitstorm for unprofessionally abandoning the team in the middle of an Olympic Final the media are making her a poster child for mental health issues acceptance which is just kike talk for normalizing therapy and prescription drugs for kids so mommy can watch netflix and drink wine instead of raising her kids. Soon it will be mandatory to take your happy pills.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/57996321
QCeQAwz.jpg

If you only knew how bad things really are

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Is she gonna get an award as well or is it not quite as good as missing a final penalty?
Pet of the Year Award 2021
runner-up: Naomi Osaka
third: English Kangz

Meanwhile ROC girl gets her face punched against the floor for 15 minutes, then choked unconsciously in the semifinals, gets up and proceeds to win her bronze match. HOW CAN A SINGLE PERSON HAVE THIS MUCH HEART AND GRINTA. This is why I love Olympics.
SlgqJu5.jpg

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Is she gonna get an award as well or is it not quite as good as missing a final penalty?
A few more gold medals makes almost no difference to her, she has so many, and legendary status in her field. Being a speaker for another issue or issues is probably worth far more prestige (and dare I say it, money) than just being a great gymnast.

I'm not completely cold to how difficult it must be to work in pressure moments in sport, but at the end of the day there are people working under real life pressure to survive in jobs who don't have millions to fall back on. And besides, these pressure moments have not suddenly appeared in sports. They were there when she won and they will be there in future. People bottle it, they lose, and they try again. That's just sport.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This is how you train:

Proof that slapping is good for women
OK, women's training too:

This is what Muricans should have done to Simone Biles
It's kind of funny. For one, I am loving seeing NBC hyping these athletes to death, only for them to crumble and disappear when they need to deliver on NBC's promises. :seven:

On the other hand, yeah, we are into the era of mental health in sports.

Weird too between Osaka and her... Sure it's only two data points, but damn are Black women athletes cracking.

Seems that if people are off form or don't fancy it now they have a "mental health moment" and just give up. She had a bad day and that was it.
I have to wonder if Serena Williams is thinking, "F this b*tch. I never got to take a mental health day off in my life. You don't get to be GOAT if you phone it in just because R Kelly just replied on your Instagram."

:lol: and there we go - instead of a well deserved shitstorm for unprofessionally abandoning the team in the middle of an Olympic Final the media are making her a poster child for mental health issues acceptance which is just kike talk for normalizing therapy and prescription drugs for kids so mommy can watch netflix and drink wine instead of raising her kids. Soon it will be mandatory to take your happy pills.

QCeQAwz.jpg

There are questions, for sure. As much crap as Black women have to deal with in life, the accolades and rule-bending also seem to flow to them like water.

Yes, I'm happy that mental health is getting attention. And yes, Black women have to face a lot more crap on average and we should be celebrating people who beat the odds and systems set up to make them fail.

But sympathy seems predicated on your perceived level of victimization. Good luck being a white dude and taking a mental health day. "Tom Brady decided he couldn't leave the locker room before the Super Bowl as he was feeling melancholy and wasn't in the right mental place." Nobody will want to hear it.

We've also had quite a few articles about how Black women faced so much discrimination in these Olympics:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/06/us/black-women-athletes-treatment-olympics-spt/index.html
https://kulturehub.com/olympics-black-women-treatment/

But somehow Black men get a cakewalk??

I see this as an extension of this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/15/style/black-women-win-beauty-pageants.html

Yes, five Black women now hold beauty pageant crowns and we should celebrate it.

But why this all of a sudden -- after we've been told for years that beauty pageants objectify women and support the patriarchy of the male gaze? How did sexist beauty pageants suddenly become legitimized again ... just because of the skin color of the winners?

If the Taliban actually cared about PR, they could keep beheading Afghani citizens but put a Black woman in charge ... and a lot of people would be like, "We don't deserve you, girl! Black girl magic. Power on with those beheadings!"

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This is how you train:

OK, women's training too:

It's kind of funny. For one, I am loving seeing NBC hyping these athletes to death, only for them to crumble and disappear when they need to deliver on NBC's promises. :seven:

On the other hand, yeah, we are into the era of mental health in sports.

Weird too between Osaka and her... Sure it's only two data points, but damn are Black women athletes cracking.

I have to wonder if Serena Williams is thinking, "F this b*tch. I never got to take a mental health day off in my life. You don't get to be GOAT if you phone it in just because R Kelly just replied on your Instagram."

There are questions, for sure. As much crap as Black women have to deal with in life, the accolades and rule-bending also seem to flow to them like water.

Yes, I'm happy that mental health is getting attention. And yes, Black women have to face a lot more crap on average and we should be celebrating people who beat the odds and systems set up to make them fail.

But sympathy seems predicated on your perceived level of victimization. Good luck being a white dude and taking a mental health day. "Tom Brady decided he couldn't leave the locker room before the Super Bowl as he was feeling melancholy and wasn't in the right mental place." Nobody will want to hear it.

We've also had quite a few articles about how Black women faced so much discrimination in these Olympics:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/06/us/black-women-athletes-treatment-olympics-spt/index.html
https://kulturehub.com/olympics-black-women-treatment/

But somehow Black men get a cakewalk??

I see this as an extension of this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/15/style/black-women-win-beauty-pageants.html

Yes, five Black women now hold beauty pageant crowns and we should celebrate it.

But why this all of a sudden -- after we've been told for years that beauty pageants objectify women and support the patriarchy of the male gaze? How did sexist beauty pageants suddenly become legitimized again ... just because of the skin color of the winners?

If the Taliban actually cared about PR, they could keep beheading Afghani citizens but put a Black woman in charge ... and a lot of people would be like, "We don't deserve you, girl! Black girl magic. Power on with those beheadings!"
Some people just don’t have it. Michael Jordan quit an entire sport cause his dad died.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

QCeQAwz.jpg

She’s an absolute baby, Naomi Osaka too. And instead of justified criticism, the media and all these progressive imbeciles praise them to high heaven and say it’s all about racism and sexism. Infantilizing entire cultures and races.

Naomi Osaka made like 37 mil last year, but she can’t be arsed to answer a couple tough questions for five minutes after a loss because anxiety and stress. And everyone jumps on the bandwagon that journalists and tennis orgs are bullying a 23 year old black woman. Lol. No, she can give up her 37 million and go play backyard tennis with her friends and have no pressure or stress. You don’t hear Nadal or Federer or S Williams or anyone else crying about media obligations. Naomi Osaka can talk all she wants about how there are so much more important issues in the world than talking to media after a loss, but I wonder how she is okay with getting millions in sponsorships while the people who make the clothes, shoes, rackets, etc with her name behind them, make a couple dollars an hour.

These athletes only get paid so much because of the media representation of them to the public. And now they don’t want to have media obligations because it’s too hard on their mental health. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)