Time for the Bari wonderkid to make the big step (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2003
In view of the explosion of Cassano as one of the new great talents of international football, I think the moment has now come for Trap to reward him with the number 11 shirt in the NT, to the detriment of the ever more irritating Del Piero.

Until some time ago I thought "Ginger" Cassano should be taken to Portugal only as a trump card, but his recent feats with "Fred" Totti at Roma made me change my mind : these two form a terrific duo, whose fantasy and unpredictability would match Vieri's brute force perfectly (I expect the latter to be very hungry by June if, as it seems, Inter's season will end up in another Waterloo).

Let the DP lovers hold me up to public obloquy now...

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Cassano looks to have stamped his name on the Azzurri team sheet, though I think Trap will still start with the trio he's been talking about recently. Personally I think DP - Totti - Cassano would work too. Even though I don't like the guy he's turning out to be a brilliant player.

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

and DP should play too because Totti and DP does work well
But they've hardly ever played with each other. No, it is time for Del Piero to step aside.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++

NO WAY...Del Piero MUST play
Why? Because his name is Del Piero? Sorry to say but if Del Piero is not playing well at all he doesn't warrant a place in the starting eleven.

Suppose he is called up to start and plays nonsense. If he plays good, well no problem but in his form now I don't think he's going to be playing well. Well, at least he would not be playing as well as Cassano if you know what I mean.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I agree. Nobody should start because of their name. Everyone must prove themselves, especially since the competition has increased dramatically with the explosion of Cassano onto the big stage.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
how about a deadly formation like this:

---------------------Buffon------------------------
--Oddo------Canna-----Nesta----Zambrotta
--------------Gattuso----Pirlo--------------------
----Cassano--------Totti-----------Del Piero---
------------------------Vieri-------------------------
:drool: No defensive line in the world can hold them...:cool:

OP
Kaiser Franco
Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Bentley Majedsworth ] ++

I would like to see Trap play that formation at least once, but I strongly doubt it would work. A midfielder like Fiore already seems to struggle on the right flank because he has to provide some containment and defensive work, which is not in his nature. Cassano is not used to play on the right, and even less used to do it as a midfielder. So I would keep a player like Camoranesi on the right to preserve some balance, and play Cassano on the left to the detriment of Del Piero.

Sc_azzurrik

Mar 1, 2004
    cassano is a child! if Trap can work with him well then antonio shuld go 2euro! u know if u want to paly in the main team u should prove that u can be a MAN! who needs such player that cannot step on his song for the sake of the whole team and country?!

OP
    Kaiser Franco
    Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    which would be plain stupid.
    cassano cant play on the right? ok, put del piero there. camo ahead of del piero/cassano/fiore/miccoli is stupid.
    You seem to have quite a habit of dismissing people's points with name-callings.

No it's not stupid. It's called tactical balance. Assembling big names doesn't make a team : assembling complementary players does. Del Piero can't play tout court , right, left or centre. He will earn his call-up simply because of Trap's conservatism and reluctance to bet on younger players. I just hope he will miss enough sitters in the first game for Trap to give Cassano a chance in the second, like Vicini did with Baggio in 1990.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

I would like to see Trap play that formation at least once, but I strongly doubt it would work. A midfielder like Fiore already seems to struggle on the right flank because he has to provide some containment and defensive work, which is not in his nature. Cassano is not used to play on the right, and even less used to do it as a midfielder. So I would keep a player like Camoranesi on the right to preserve some balance, and play Cassano on the left to the detriment of Del Piero.
    That's why a put a work horse like Gattuso to hold the right side. Cassano can play either side BTW. anyhow, i also think that it's hopeful to expect this formation... soo many attackers for Italy specially for a major competition. I think this formation would be awesome if Itay were losing without much time left on the clock.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

that is a team and a half, it has everything. That team is on paper better than all others inluding the might france.

The quartet upfront could go down in history if they play well, because that is potnetially an amazing team, even oddo does a usefull job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)