Tiago Mendes (5 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I can admit that I judged him harshly before(although his performances did warrant critisisme). It's better to have him in the team than out of it nowadays.
How can you say that his performances were the reason for many people to criticise him when he rearly even played?? And every time he did play he played good. People started to criticise him cause he was benched (God knows why) and every time he was put in the game(the last 10 minutes of the games) people expected mirracles from him. I have but possitive memmories from the games in which Tiago played. Maybe i am too blind to see what many people see.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
yupp, I watched like 10 min summary of the game on eurosport and I think he made a very positive impression. I wish him all good and if only he can score a single goal or make a nice assist, he will be again on the right direction:bigscarf:
he shud have had one if only neddy had put that header in the back of the net!! :(

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
You said it, you were too blind to see that he was supbar and too poor for the teams own good almost all of last season.
Last year?? Tell me something, in what way was Nocerinho better than Tiago? Nocerinho never did anything good but still he was given plenty of opportunities to play. Personaly, from last years Juve squad, i hated Nocerinho the most. I never saw anything in him which would be usefull to Juve but still he played i dont know how many games more than Tiago. Tiago was never given a proper chance and that is the truth Osman.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Tiago was really lacking confidence last season, Nocerino at least huffed and puffed, doing the job defensively, though he's a big zero offensively from the way I see it ...

That was all history now and Tiago has come good again and on his way to justifying why we pay a huge sum for him :)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Tiago was really lacking confidence last season, Nocerino at least huffed and puffed, doing the job defensively, though he's a big zero offensively from the way I see it ...

That was all history now and Tiago has come good again and on his way to justifying why we pay a huge sum for him :)
Lets just hope that Ranieri sees it your way.

The sheer tought of Tiago and Sissoko playing together in the midfield till the end of the season makes me fucking excited!!!

May 21, 2007
How can you say that his performances were the reason for many people to criticise him when he rearly even played?? And every time he did play he played good. People started to criticise him cause he was benched (God knows why) and every time he was put in the game(the last 10 minutes of the games) people expected mirracles from him. I have but possitive memmories from the games in which Tiago played. Maybe i am too blind to see what many people see.
spot on bro!!:beer:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Last year?? Tell me something, in what way was Nocerinho better than Tiago? Nocerinho never did anything good but still he was given plenty of opportunities to play. Personaly, from last years Juve squad, i hated Nocerinho the most. I never saw anything in him which would be usefull to Juve but still he played i dont know how many games more than Tiago. Tiago was never given a proper chance and that is the truth Osman.
Just like Enoran said nocerino at least huffed and puffed here and there. He was fighting on the field, something that Tiago was not doing.

This season that is the only thing that has changed but its a major point because he is showing signs of improvement and playing for the team

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Lets just hope that Ranieri sees it your way.

The sheer tought of Tiago and Sissoko playing together in the midfield till the end of the season makes me fucking excited!!!
:tup: that is prob the only good that came of our injury situation. The fact that they were the only to CM pairing left givin tiago the chance to show his worth. Otherwise he'd still be rotting on the bench & we'd have been left watching the momo/poulsen show

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Just like Enoran said nocerino at least huffed and puffed here and there. He was fighting on the field, something that Tiago was not doing.

This season that is the only thing that has changed but its a major point because he is showing signs of improvement and playing for the team
Why do you constantly mention Nocerinhos huffing and puffing?? Is that really so important?? It is just a different playing style that is all. Plus, he was huffing and puffing everytime he DIDNT have the ball. When he DID have the ball, he choked and thats all i remember.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He's shown in the past few weeks that he is willing to fight and seems to really care about Juve (which I didn't see last season).

IMO he is one of only three players who has the ability to control the tempo of the team (Ale and Camo being the others)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Why do you constantly mention Nocerinhos huffing and puffing?? Is that really so important?? It is just a different playing style that is all. Plus, he was huffing and puffing everytime he DIDNT have the ball. When he DID have the ball, he choked and thats all i remember.
Everyone mentions it because it shows that he was at least trying, whereas Tiago wasn't.

Even from tonight's game we can see that tiago is playing with more and more spirit, which lifted his form.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i am still not convinced.
i have not watched him against sampdoria.
i watched our first half today and for me his performance was pretty mediocre.
i did not see any decisive pass or something. just pretty simple passes (even if they were not backwards), but he did pass on the ball pretty good a few times to nedved or others who were running into spaces, but never did really do a pass that was not predictable or difficult.

i might have a higher expectation of a player i would praise ... but compairing him with his last season performances makes him really look good. i don't know if that is something you should do. i mean, than every player would play bad in their first games, just to be hailed as the new messiah if he plays one average game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)