Tiago Djaló (1 Viewer)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Fonseca (Lilles Coach) :

“He’s been training well with the group for two weeks now, always with good intensity, at the right pace. I think we might need another one or at most two more to see him back on the pitch, ready for the match. Let’s say that he is finally almost ready to return.”

He touched on how much Lille missed the defender after the injury.

“Really, a lot, before he got hurt he was doing really well and he helped us a lot. It’s difficult to find a central defender as fast as Tiago around.”

The Lille coach was asked if Djalo is ready to make an important impression at Juventus.

“I really think so, I think he’s already ready to help the Bianconeri’s defence. Compared to his first Italian adventure, the one he experienced as a very young man at Milan, he has grown a lot as a player and also as a man.

“And now he also has much more experience than before. Plus, he already knows the language, he speaks Italian well. And I think this can help him settle in sooner than expected in a new and important team like Juventus.”

Fonseca spoke about the on-pitch qualities of the defender.

“His main virtue is his speed, he is a very, very quick player, but also good with the ball at his feet, in the build-up phase. He knows how to play simple, in an essential way. And he is also good at defensive positioning. I repeat, however, the quality where he excels above all is speed.”

He was asked about Djalo’s marking qualities.

“He is also good from that point of view, he is someone who knows how to command respect. The thing I like most about him, however, is his simplicity, he never looks for dramatic plays, he always plays clean. He has now acquired the right experience from this point of view too.”

Finally, Fonseca discussed Djalo’s room for improvement.

“Absolutely, he has room for improvement, after all he is only 23 years old. He will need some time to get back to the right rhythm, but for Juventus he can be an excellent defender.”

https://football-italia.net/fonseca-djalo-ready-to-help-the-juventus-defence/

Buy on AliExpress.com

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
If this is a sign that we're moving to a 3 man backline for good then I'm not overly enthusiastic about this.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If this is a sign that we're moving to a 3 man backline for good then I'm not overly enthusiastic about this.
I'd imagine playing a 3 man backline in every game was the first hint.

But it's not set in stone, Allegri has played different formations from season to season. This season he's done what is best for the defensive players he has, most probably at the expense of attacking players we have.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I'd imagine playing a 3 man backline in every game was the first hint.
I'd imagined it was more to do with making compromises given that A: our would-be starting LB is crap and injured 90% of the time, and B: Danilo isn't cut for RB anymore. I'd hoped that this was a temporary fix and that once we found an appropriate replacement for them both, we'd move back to a 4 man backline for the benefit of our forwards.

If this kid can play a 2 CB line alongside Bremer it would be more ideal.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Djaló, a former Milan defender, should have landed in Italy this week, but according to Gazzetta, the Bianconeri are still finalising Ranocchia’s sale to Palermo, so the Portuguese will have to wait for a few more days.

Wednesday’s printed edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport (page 16) explains that the two deals are ‘strictly connected’ as Juventus must deal with the ‘liquidity index’ that forces the Bianconeri to sell a player, before signing a new one.

Ranocchia is currently on loan at Empoli but is expected to leave the Tuscans to move to Sicily permanently. Income from his sale and Radu Dragusin’s Tottenham transfer (Juventus had a 20% sell-on clause on the Romania international) will allow the Bianconeri to sign Djaló.

The Portuguese will probably arrive in Turin at the end of this week or the beginning of the next one as Juventus hope to finalise Ranocchia’s transfer between Friday and the beginning of next week.

source: FI

can someone tell me this if this is legit? :scared: Also is this how we have to work in the transfer market from now on? We need to sell before we buy

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
Fonseca (Lilles Coach) :

“He’s been training well with the group for two weeks now, always with good intensity, at the right pace. I think we might need another one or at most two more to see him back on the pitch, ready for the match. Let’s say that he is finally almost ready to return.”

He touched on how much Lille missed the defender after the injury.

“Really, a lot, before he got hurt he was doing really well and he helped us a lot. It’s difficult to find a central defender as fast as Tiago around.”

The Lille coach was asked if Djalo is ready to make an important impression at Juventus.

“I really think so, I think he’s already ready to help the Bianconeri’s defence. Compared to his first Italian adventure, the one he experienced as a very young man at Milan, he has grown a lot as a player and also as a man.

“And now he also has much more experience than before. Plus, he already knows the language, he speaks Italian well. And I think this can help him settle in sooner than expected in a new and important team like Juventus.”

Fonseca spoke about the on-pitch qualities of the defender.

“His main virtue is his speed, he is a very, very quick player, but also good with the ball at his feet, in the build-up phase. He knows how to play simple, in an essential way. And he is also good at defensive positioning. I repeat, however, the quality where he excels above all is speed.”

He was asked about Djalo’s marking qualities.

“He is also good from that point of view, he is someone who knows how to command respect. The thing I like most about him, however, is his simplicity, he never looks for dramatic plays, he always plays clean. He has now acquired the right experience from this point of view too.”

Finally, Fonseca discussed Djalo’s room for improvement.

“Absolutely, he has room for improvement, after all he is only 23 years old. He will need some time to get back to the right rhythm, but for Juventus he can be an excellent defender.”

https://football-italia.net/fonseca-djalo-ready-to-help-the-juventus-defence/
This is fonseca who used to play for us? Daniel Fonseca?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
can someone tell me this if this is legit? :scared: Also is this how we have to work in the transfer market from now on? We need to sell before we buy
a low liquidity ratio is a potential issue. there were articles about it already, it was told that it affected lazio's last 2 summer transfer seasons, both were pretty silent, and did indeed finish with a moderately positive balance to not worsen their liquidity

long story short is that there's a liquidity ratio which is widely used in finances, the general formula is current assets/current liabilities, and there are minimum values to respect. currently it sits at 0,6 which is very low. it's imposed by the italian local regulations, it has nothing to do directly with uefa/ffp. (clubs with bad liquidity will probably have ffp issues, but ffp itself has only a very vague remark on liquidity.) didn't check jj's balance sheet to confirm whether jj is affected, but if gds did they might be right. here's an article on this in italian:
https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2023/06/08/mercato-bloccato-come-funziona-indice-di-liquidita/

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Plenty of talent here. Low risk high reward move
And a perfect way to bring him into the club. This will essentially give him 6 months to get acclimated to the club/country and have him ready to compete in preseason once he replaces Sandro.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)