Thuram unhappy with form (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Sigh, am I the only one who thinks he's better at RB than CB?
I agree, but as he ages, he will become worse and worse at RB, because he will slow down. At some point he will have to play in the middle to be competitive.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
He is, still, one of the best defenders in Europe. I WILL LIKE IF STAYS WITH US
Hmm...That's interesting that you shoudl say that. Thuram, this year has been crap, not all the time, but an inconsistent defender is just as bad as a poor defender IMO. On current form, and looking back on this season, I wouldn't rate Thuram at all. Given his age, it's a bit of an assumption to say that he is still one of the best. He may have lost it, it's happened to players before...

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Hmm...That's interesting that you shoudl say that. Thuram, this year has been crap, not all the time, but an inconsistent defender is just as bad as a poor defender IMO. On current form, and looking back on this season, I wouldn't rate Thuram at all. Given his age, it's a bit of an assumption to say that he is still one of the best. He may have lost it, it's happened to players before...

LETS BE FAIR.

On the UEFA polls to elect team of the year 2003 Lillian Thuram receive 25 % of the votes, finishing second only surpased by Paulo Ferreira from Porto and long way up from Zanetti, Salgado and Travelsi.

Thuram is younger and faster than Maldini, Costacurta, Ferrara.

He was vital in our two last scudettos and last year in freezing Deportivo, Barcelona and Real Madrid in CL. He can play central or side defender, he is fast atacking and excellent as an airballs defender.
He get an injurie in december an loses physical condition, as he reconisses.
and now we said he is old and maybe has lost his touch...CMON...what do we expect from players?

Aug 1, 2003
Of course Thuram is a great defender but I think what Ian is trying to say that he's been bad this season and no one can deny that. Our whole fukkin defence has been horrible in the first place and that includes Thuram. Seeing that, he might or might not make a comeback and be more fit next season, but there are cases where even great defenders have lost their touch. Doesn't make us love them any less, but that's what you call life.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
I am starting to hate Thuram ... he talks alot and do nothing on the field

Last year he played very well and said nothing

gray

Apr 22, 2003
What's wrong with saying that he's disappointed with his performances? At least he knows

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
What's wrong with saying that he's disappointed with his performances? At least he knows
If he knows why isn't he changing what is wrong with him?????

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
If he knows why isn't he changing what is wrong with him?????
I hardly think he's choosing not to play well. It's not like he doesn't want to. That's why he's unhappy with his form

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
LOL, so whats the point in stating hes unhappy with his form? is he jes trying to give us some sort of consolation by admitting this?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I think Thuram is weaker this year because of a general inconsistency of the team.

I watched him against Holland last week, and I found him much better than what I've seen in Seria A recently.

I would give him another year.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
I think Thuram is weaker this year because of a general inconsistency of the team.

I watched him against Holland last week, and I found him much better than what I've seen in Seria A recently.

I would give him another year.
It is true that having a weak defense around you makes it harder to play well, but he's been crap even when just all by himself. He makes bad decisions this year and they've cost him. I have always thought that he makes bad decisions, bad this year he has not been able to make up for that with pace, strength, and skill. Furthermore, Buffon has been less reliable in terms of saving Thuram's ass when he makes stupid errors.

Aug 1, 2003
I still stand by the fact that it's the whole team spoiling everyone. Which is themselves.

Plus, these 'good' players seem to have lost their will and passion for winning, which is why I want new young players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)