Thuram unhappy with form (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Thuram unhappy with form
Posted by Alex | Football Italia

Lilian Thuram has conceded that he has contributed to Juventus’ poor defensive displays this term.

The Bianconeri rearguard has been heavily criticised and the Frenchman has taken some of the responsibility.

"I’m not having a good season," the stopper told L’Equipe. "In fact, it is probably my worst as a professional.

"I know that I am not doing what I can on the pitch. I’m just not in the physical shape that I should be."

Thuram did pick up an ankle injury just before Christmas and his performances have been rather erratic since.

That has led to claims that the 32-year-old could be sold in the summer but he says he will see out his contract in Turin.

"I still have two more years left on my deal," he added. "If I feel fine physically after that time then I will play on.

"I’m not afraid to hit the 35-year-old barrier. If I am training well and I don’t have any fitness problems then I would like to continue playing."

Thuram, who added that he wants to play as a centre back in the future, had previously stated that he was to retire from the game in 2006.

admits to being one of the players playing crap-
he wants to play for another 2 seasons-
the article suggests his performance worsened after his ankle injury around christmas

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
it's obvious he aint good this season , he is not thuram we used to know last year and before and before...anyhow hope he will b back to his form so we can kick some asses:D:D

Jul 28, 2002
state the obvious lilian :roleeyes:....for our defence to be half decent, we need the number one defender to play well, bu this season he has been pants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)