Thuram may quit in 2006 (2 Viewers)

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Lilian Thuram is unsure of what the future holds when his present Juventus deal expires in 2006.

The Frenchman is still performing at a high standard for his club but he also significantly celebrated his 33rd birthday in January.

"I still have a year left on my agreement with Juve," said the central defender. "I’ll continue if my legs can carry me. Otherwise I’ll quit."

Thuram, who retired from international football with France after Euro 2004, has been a key figure for the Bianconeri this term.

And he is just five games away from lifting his second Scudetto since joining the Stadio Delle Alpi outfit from Parma.

"This is a very delicate moment of the season for us but we can’t think about the game coming up against Milan," he noted.

"We face Bologna on Sunday first and we know it will be tough and that we can’t afford to make a mistake."

Milan and Juve are currently joint top of the table, but Thuram doesn’t believe an end of season play-off will be required to decide the destiny of the title.

"I don’t think that will happen," he continued. "I believe that the championship will be decided without the need for such a game."

Meanwhile, Thuram is expected to hand the captain’s armband back to Alex Del Piero in Week 34.

The Italian limped out of the 1-0 win over Lazio with a back problem but should be fit to face the Rossoblu at the weekend.

Jonathan Zebina, Emerson and David Trezeguet also took part in light training on Thursday and all could feature in some form against Bologna

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I hope he get to play till 2007, the last season as sub for the replacer... Forza THURAM - the Tyrant ;)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by bianconeroblood ] ++
it will be really sad seeing him retire
a wonderful player with a big heat
he will be deeply missed

Forza Turam
True :sad:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
some big shoes to fill once he leaves. i hope moggi realises this and starts thinking about replacements this summer for both thuram and nedved.

Barzagli is likely to replace him in central defence.

Geof

May 14, 2004
did you know he was born on the 1st of January? 1972 that is.

So he'll be 34 in 2006. Reasonable time to quit. The older you are, the more dangerous the injuries.

By the end of next season he'll have deserved to rest.

Forza Lilian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)