Thuram attacks Juve defence (1 Viewer)

ancelotti

Oct 31, 2003
From... Channel 4 Football Italia
Date Thurs 4 Dec
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec4h.html
=========================================

Lilian Thuram has put the Juventus defence on trial after their suspect start to the new season.

The Bianconeri built their title success of the last two campaigns on their mean rearguard but it has been surprisingly weaker this term.

"It will be very difficult to finish first again if we continue to concede all these goals," warned the Frenchman.

Juventus are just one point behind joint leaders Milan and Roma. But those two sides have conceded just four goals a piece in 11 games. Juventus’ goals against column reads 12.

However, the full-back is remaining confident despite the fact that his side have lost their last two games against Inter and Galatasaray.

"Those losses shouldn’t be used to block out all of the good work that we have done so far," continued the international.

"We face Lazio on Saturday which will be tough but it is also an ideal chance for us to get back on track.

"The Biancocelesti have some great players and are a technically gifted side. Yet we are not scared of getting a victory at the Stadio Olimpico."

Juve boss Marcello Lippi took training in the driving rain on Thursday where he tried out the team he is expected to field in the capital.

It was as follows: Buffon; Thuram, Montero, Legrottaglie, Zambrotta; Tacchinardi, Appiah; Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero; Trezeguet.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Look in the mirror, Lilian.
he's not primadonna like vieri, i believe he blaims himself too. but juve defence is absurd this year. even buffon started conceding freekicks :groan:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I've been saying this for 3 months now, Fli.

This defense is embarresing.

We can forget about winning the Cl or even the Scudetto if something is not done in January. Juve can't outscore teams every week. Defense wins championships.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
I've been saying this for 3 months now, Fli.

This defense is embarresing.
They are not embarassing but they will be soon, if we don't get some faster defenders who haven't left the peak of their career.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
what can be done in january anyway? which class defenders can be brought in who are willing to leave their club mid-season or who are not cup-tied??

Moggi ignored the defence problem in the summer when it was clear that our ageing defenders were getting slower. he brought in Legrottaglie and that wasnt enough as most of us thought.

its a shame really, cuz we have a good midfield and forward line and now our defence is crap!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I thought from the thread title that Thuram signed for Milan as a forward :stress:

:D

Aug 1, 2003
aieh, I have no problem with thuram, i think he playes well.. montero on the other hand.. :fero:

thuram-----------???---------legro-----------zambro

that defence would certainly look awesome if we filled the ?? space with someone solid

Whisper

May 17, 2003
yeah exactly we need someone fresh, and fast, oh GOOD!
the defence now is just fallin apart...even legro is making stupid mistakes, but i think he's just alittle off-form, okay alot, but he's gonna get back, now the problem is to go back to last year's best defence in serie A !!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Whisper ] ++
the defence now is just fallin apart...even legro is making stupid mistakes, but i think he's just alittle off-form, okay alot, but he's gonna get back, now the problem is to go back to last year's best defence in serie A !!
Good dream but it won't happen, it's Over.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Whisper ] ++
IMO, the Legro experiment has failed and we need to line-up a replacement before his ineptitudes begin to cost us big time. Also I think we've already got somebody lined up to fill that spot. His name is Lucio and he is both fresh and fast.

Aug 1, 2003
Hmm, Legro is frustrating recently but I think we ought to give him more chances.. it'd be unfair to him, no?

Montero definitely has to give up his starting place. It breaks my heart to say so but I just don't see him on the starting spot anymore. My worry for Juve's defence increases everyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)