THOUGHTS ABOUT EURO 04 QUALIFIERS today! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOPITE

Nov 12, 2003
Scotland -Netherlands at this point 54 min 1-0 scotland
Croatia 17:30 Slovenia
Russia -Wales 5 min 0-0
Latvia 20:15 Turkey
Spain 22:00 Norway

what are your predictions and thoughts on these qualifiers?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

KOPITE

Nov 12, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    But netherlands are putting so much presure that scotland will soon fall to there are about 20 min left in the game hopefully kulivert will score

OP

KOPITE

Nov 12, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    76' Pressley heads Cocu's cross from the left away but the Netherlands are still controlling the game.

77' Seedorf brings the ball in from the left but then, surprisingly, tries a shot from distance which skids harmlessly wide. However, Scotland will have more defending to do as Roy Makaay has come on for Kluivert.

OP

KOPITE

Nov 12, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Croatia and Solvenia are 13 min in the game and already the WONDER from AS MONACO FC´s Pršo that scored 4 against Deportivo in the Champions leauge scores for Croatia in the 5th min... this is a GREAT player maybe he´ll come to juve

OP

KOPITE

Nov 12, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    NETHERLANDS lost to Scotland 1-0 by a strike in the 20th min from McFadden

Croatia is now tied with Slovenia 1-1

russia and Wales still nill-nill

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    welldone the jocks...
    Hopefully you can keep it up and send the pampered primadonas packing in the second leg
    Cheers P.

I think the Dutch still have a gear or two to step up yet though.
    At least Scotland didn't concead an away goal:cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I lost a bit of money on these matches :irritate: Who the heck would've picked Latvia and Scotland to win, and the other two to draw :down::sigh:

fabi, I'm banking on Venezuela, so yes I'll be rooting for them :D:thumb:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    Cheers P.

I think the Dutch still have a gear or two to step up yet though.
    Actually, what you saw today is about the best we can do. I never understood why you manoeuvred Scotland into the underdog position in the first place.

++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    welldone the jocks...
    Hopefully you can keep it up and send the pampered primadonas packing in the second leg
    Oh you're such a prick. Always try to look like you're objective and know everything about football, the first instance I see you comment on a game that involves a British nation you lower yourself to the standards of calling the opponent "pampered primadonas". Why the façade, Paul? Don't bother.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

Actually, what you saw today is about the best we can do. I never understood why you manoeuvred Scotland into the underdog position in the first place.

Erik, Scotland are simply in the underdog position because of their world ranking position...about fifty places below the Netherlands. I think it's a fair difference.

That was Scotland playing above them (our)selves and with a whole lot of good fortune on their (our) side.
    Truth be told I never expected this result:confused:

I'm delighted with it however, and for the moment we are all pleased to have a narrow lead going into the next match, but most people here (those who aren't drunk at the moment ) know there is an even harder game to be played on Wednesday.
    If Scotland do go through I'll be amazed and proud, even though I'm dreading the prospect of playing in Portugal

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    Erik, Scotland are simply in the underdog position because of their world ranking position...about fifty places below the Netherlands. I think it's a fair difference.

That was Scotland playing above them (our)selves and with a whole lot of good fortune on their (our) side.
    Truth be told I never expected this result:confused:
    Alright, first: the FIFA rankings stink, they really do. They're arguably worse than UEFA's club rankings which are just as mysterious.

Secondly: there is no such thing as playing above yourself. You're either that good, or your not. (Don't tell me you believe in magic)

I'm delighted with it however, and for the moment we are all pleased to have a narrow lead going into the next match, but most people here (those who aren't drunk at the moment ) know there is an even harder game to be played on Wednesday.
    If Scotland do go through I'll be amazed and proud, even though I'm dreading the prospect of playing in Portugal
    A harder game on Wednesday? Stam (our best man today) will be suspended and a 0-0 or a draw WITH goals is enough for Scotland to go through!

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Would you say that that Scotland team bore any resemblance to the team that drew 2-2 with the Faroe Islands? (and had to come back from 2 goals down)....almost the same players.

Surely you must accept that some teams can raise their game through good motivational management skills, big occasion, etc

Christian Dailly, Scotland's man of the match is also out through yellow cards. We don't have any cover for his position

We can only wait and see what happens, but my opionion hasn't changed.

Scotland will not go through:down:...although we will go down fighting hard and with pride

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)