This transfer camapaign. (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I think Juve has done a good job so far in the transfer market. We Havn't overspent like last season. What i like is that juve is active in terms of the future stars. We have promissing young players loaned all over the place. This is the way it should be. i mean it can't be called "Juventus" (youth) for nothing!

What we now need instead of Backup like Chimenti, Fresi, Baiocco, and Camoranesi is first-team Players who are below the age of 26....
Juve looks settled in the long term, but what about short term?!
We all know that last season juventus wasn't anything special. We can't stay this way for the next season too. if you think otherwise, look at how Real Madrid are playing and you'll know that juve needs more class!

We need to think of a short-term ( this comming season).
Are biggest problem was in the midfield. We had a big shortage. Nedved was forced to play in a playmaker role, Zambrotta had no backup, Nedved STILL has no backup. Proof of this is that Juve often played defenders in the midfield. For example, Zenoni on the right flank, Pessotto on the left, Tudor in the middle.

Many of these problems are solved now with Baiocco, Camoranesi, and Brighi. But Nedved's backup is still empty.

so my suggestion is that Juve buys these players:
D'Alessandro: To provide more class to the team and to have a constant playmaker.
Cavinaghi: In case Lippi wants to play a 3 man attack, then he should have this player as a backup.

02/03 linup (if Lippi Sticks to the same tactics as last season)
4-3-1-2

------------DP-------Trez-----------! ---------Salas----Zalayetta--------
---------------------------------------! ----------------------------------------
------------D'Alessandro-----------! --------------Brighi-------------------
--Nedved-------------Zambrotta--!--Baiocco-------------Camoranesi-
--------------Davids-----------------! --------------Tacchinardi------------
----------------------------------------!----------------------------------------
Pessotto---------------------Tudor-!-Fresi------------------------Zenoni
-----------Montero---Thuram-------!--------Ferrara----Iuliano----------

With a team like this, all i can say is: Sorry Real Madrid, Arsenal, Barcelona, Manutd, whatever...... Your trophy cases will be dusty for a long time!
What do u all think??

By the way, this is only my 2nd post as you can see. I've been a visitor of Juventuz.com for a LONG time, but i just got myslef to enter the forum yesturday. So. i just want to say hello to All my fellow Juventus Fans.

Forza Juvneuts. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
i agree with you majed, your post makes alot of sense, we do need back-up and d'alessandro+cavenaghi would fit in well. but i don't see that coming, not at least in the transfer rumours. however, juve are willing to test cavenaghi and in case he does well we meet sign him in january when the mercato opens again. i believe we already have bought an option on him and therefore he can only join us.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
however, juve are willing to test cavenaghi and in case he does well we meet sign him in january when the mercato opens again

Anastacia, that would be great, if it wasn't for the new Law that Italian Football Federation (FIGC) release today... I post some of this new law here:

"...
Italian Football Federation (FIGC) president Franco Carraro announced that from August 31 clubs would no longer be able to call on the services of players from outside Europe's borders - for the upcoming season at least..."

So has you can see, if Juve wants to buy cavenaghi or D'alessandro, they will have to buy it now, or wait to the next season...

Jul 12, 2002
well, we have until August, and then we could still get one, so we could get D'alessandro, but I doubt that we will.

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by espectro ] ++

Anastacia, that would be great, if it wasn't for the new Law that Italian Football Federation (FIGC) release today... I post some of this new law here:

"...
Italian Football Federation (FIGC) president Franco Carraro announced that from August 31 clubs would no longer be able to call on the services of players from outside Europe's borders - for the upcoming season at least..."

So has you can see, if Juve wants to buy cavenaghi or D'alessandro, they will have to buy it now, or wait to the next season...

yeah i heard about the ban, i don't know if it will really have any effect for the short-term, coz the transfer market was already slow. but i believe it will cause alot of passport problems since argentian + brazilian players will always say that they have 'italian' roots inorder to obtain passports and sign for a serie a team. anyway, back to the point, i think d'alessandro and cavenaghi are both great players, and since they are still young, we can wait for them another year :rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Anastacia ] ++
Barcelona can't sign him this season, coz they are already over the 3 non-EU player limit, with 4 players.
Well, the rule states that a team may field only three non-EU players at a time. Riquelme may go on lone, Rivaldo may leave, and the only other starting non-EU player is Rochemback.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
oh well.we've seen some transfer speculation about nesta,canna,zauri,d'ale,mutu etc. lets hope for the best and pray that one of those come through.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Well, the rule states that a team may field only three non-EU players at a time. Riquelme may go on lone, Rivaldo may leave, and the only other starting non-EU player is Rochemback.
Rivaldo already left so plenty of space available... :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)