This 2002/2003 Team is Great (1 Viewer)

delpi25

Jul 16, 2002
In the opening match of the Serie A against, Atalanta. Juventus looked like a completely changed side from last year in their playing. They played a beautiful passing game held by a strong midfield. There is also the back line with youngster Moretti, who showed he is a wonderful player and upfront, the names speak for themselves, Del Piero and Di Vaio. This is a great team that will go very fai in Serie A and Champions League

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
the first real test is on wednesday..if we somehow beat Feyenoord, then yes we have a great team..but this is usually the type of fixture where we collapse and concede 3

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i agree..the Test is Wednesday.

Juve has to prove itself, and what better way to do it than to beat on form Feyanord.
One more thing, i wont call juve a good team unless Juve OUTPLAYS Feyanord and Wins.

I'm not talking like the Celtic 3-2 of last season where Amuroso dived and won juve the game!

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
This match will surely be a test for Lippi's side, but i think we should handle it pretty well. The players had a great performance against Atalanta, that should make a big difference for juve's performance.

Btw, Feyenoord may have a great free kick taker in Van Hoiidonk(not sure of the spelling there...:D), BUT DON'T FORGET DEL PIERO!:fero::fero:Imo he's not worse than Van in taking free kicks. Last season he proved that.:cool:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
One good perforamnce against a weak team does not a great team make as losing once to any team does not make you a bad team.

If we do lose at Feyernoord, i hope the euphoria does not go the other way and ppl start shouting we are hopeless, sack lippi etc

The fact remains we won our first game against. a team by all accounts did not test Buffon at all

But we did face a team who had not played a competetiv match this season so it will be very different to Feyernoord

Its way to early to call this team gr8

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
<denco>If we do lose at Feyernoord, i hope the euphoria does not go the other way and ppl start shouting we are hopeless, sack lippi etc.
Its way to early to call this team gr8
</denco>

Couldn't agree more with u denco.you always make brilliant observations.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Let's not get too carried away here guys, I remember the great start to last season until we began our CL campaign, then we couldn't do a thing right and we had many problems in Serie A. I think we can all agree about the potential this side has though.

vuyol

Sep 1, 2002
We've always had a good team going into the ECL but I guess we lack the mentality of doing it in a different competitive level

I'l admit also that our problem since Didi left has been that bite in midfield. Davids has lacked a partner and ruler in that middle and I think Lippi has tried to put it right hopefully it will work

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i agree..the Test is Wednesday.

Juve has to prove itself, and what better way to do it than to beat on form Feyanord.
One more thing, i wont call juve a good team unless Juve OUTPLAYS Feyanord and Wins.
Well, 1-1 draw Feyenoord home is not bad. They only have 1 point in De Kuip, I hope we can get three pts in Delle Alpi.
Juve's group still the toughest after Milan's, Even Dynamo Kiev beat Newcastle Utd 2-0....It's very tough group.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
like u said....its not the toughest...

I would say that Juve did average. They tied a team in their home. Juve also played well (First half). I wouldn't call this a negative start at all.....

Good job Juve, its a shame about the freekick!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'm happy with a point. Its a shame about the way we conceded the equaliser but on the whole, to match them in their own back yard, I am very impressed, after all I was expecting something in the manner of a 3-1 trouncing by the dutch.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
like u said....its not the toughest...
Milan group is the toughest, of course ;)

But sometimes it's funny to know that Real beat Roma 3-0 but I think Roma could go to the next round since the rest matches would be easy for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)