Then End Of Rotation System and No Gurantee PLace DP (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Marcello Lippi has called an end to the rotation system and claims only the players on top form will play against Parma this afternoon.

“From now on only those who are at the top of their game will play,” warned the Juventus Coach.

The first man to make way will be captain Alessandro Del Piero, who is taking his time to fully recover from a calf strain.

Marco Di Vaio, Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca should start against the Gialloblu after their fine performances in the 7-0 demolition of Olympiakos midweek.

“I can no longer keep my promise of letting everyone play one of every two games. After the Lazio defeat I decided to change my ways and field only those who were on form and that will be my policy from now on.”

The tactician had defended the rotation system despite criticism from the press, but that Champions’ League performance changed his mind on the issue.

“We have some players who really are doing well right now,” he explained, “and it would be a shame not to take advantage of that. Above all Maresca can give something very important to the team.”

The former Piacenza midfielder was Man of the Match against Olympiakos as he scored one and had a hand in four of the other goals.

David Trezeguet and Lilian Thuram are out until the New Year with ankle injuries, so Juve may adapt to a three-man defence with Mark Iuliano, Ciro Ferrara and Paolo Montero.

Gianluca Zambrotta would be returned to his more advanced role on the left flank while Pavel Nedved supports Italian internationals Di Vaio and Miccoli.

“Parma have an excellent squad packed with promising young players,” assured Lippi, “and they like to take advantage of every gap on the field.”

The Gialloblu have won here only once, a 4-2 result that forced Lippi to resign in 1999, but he is hoping the visitors are superstitious.

“Parma should fear us,” he joked. “After all, the three teams that beat us recently – Inter, Lazio and Galatasaray – were all knocked out of the Champions’ League.”

Pavel Nedved will be in doubt until the last minute after suffering from a bout of flu, but the Czech star has picked up another award.

Croatian magazine ‘Sportske Novosti’ voted him Player of the Year with almost double the number of points earned by runner-up Paolo Maldini.

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Iuliano, Ferrara, Montero; Birindelli, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Nedved; Di Vaio, Miccoli

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That practically says Del Piero will be benched from now on... ... i think its a great move that should have be done a long time ago..Del Piero should improve his form from the bench gradually .. this way he wont affect the team form..he also wont waste other player'S form namely Di Vaio...

what do you guys think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
good....lippi has learned his lesson, continuity is the key. maybe DP will play better bcoz of this......if he wants to play week-in and week-out

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well,,,definitely is a good mve righjt?

with not combine both way?? the rotation system... with taking in considerations the players tha are in best form..

is not impossible...

well anyways.. good move lippi!

Aug 1, 2003
sigh , no dp, that sucks but a coach's gotta do what a coach's gotta do. way to go lippi. its fair too.

now, this could make camoranesi motivated to play better.. :devil:

Sep 28, 2002
it's a matter of weeks till alex will reclaim his place on the field. i honestly dont think miccoli will be able to cope with this amount of pressure on him. he will choke.

OP
aressandro10

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    seee... what did i tell u all.. this will be good for juve and also Del Piero...

tonite i was very happy to see Del Piero plays...very sharp and determined...he used the lil time he had the best he can...

i still hope Lippi will stand by his no rotation policy bcoz as far as the last two start is concerend, Miccoli has totally won his place... he was our most dangerous person on the pitch....

heheh.. i am very happy now... doesnt it feel good when everything just.....works!! :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    :D, definitely...........

Our attack is very cool because always, one of our strikers do a great work when needed....... micoli,dp,divaio,trez.

Its goodto have a bunch of quality strikers at our disposal.We have variet of choices now.

PD:The Miccoli transfer becoming so satisfying!!

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    “Parma should fear us,” he joked. “After all, the three teams that beat us recently – Inter, Lazio and Galatasaray – were all knocked out of the Champions’ League.”
    LOL.....i just noticed this....! :D good for them, wud remind them not to mess with juve. we can put curse on teams that beat us :devil: (i.e milan lost to boca on penalties....)

well, lets hope lippi keeps his promise. our boys did good tonite :cool: a bit of competition for starting place seems to be good motivation after all....

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I think also that is the best for juve to play only the in form players then other can participate in the 2nd half , i hope that micolli starts in the coming games until dp realize trhat he can sit on the bench if he did not play good.

Aug 1, 2003
    wow, this seem to be a much better option than the rotation system, adds more competition & spice to the team, no? our juve players would be more motivated now. thats really cool lippi. Hands up for your decision.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    It's about time that Lippi called an end to the rotation system, and this will work well both for the team and certain players. It'll mean that you'll have to be on top of your game if you want to play, so we won't see any lazy performances from our boys as they'll want to keep their places.

PS. Already, it seems to be working to DP's benefit. Twice in the last two games Alex has come off the bench and scored. Today he looked particularly sharp.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    But, if he doesnt rotate the players how will he know who is on form?
    good question... :thumb:

this is the problem with this new system. Lippi can only tell from training or from waiting till the player screws up in a game.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

good question... :thumb:

this is the problem with this new system. Lippi can only tell from training or from waiting till the player screws up in a game.
    Lol I actually thought it was kinda silly :embarass:

but this season so far with the rotation system we were able to see individuals with great form (Maresca, Miccoli, Di Vaio) and with no form at all (Camoranesi, Del Piero -but due to his injury), and it would be kinda stupid to start the same team that did against parma on all upcoming matches until someone has an injury...

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Yeah, we could maybe try to play the "off form" players in less crutial matches and see if they can do well enough to upgrade themselves into the "favoured starting 11" position.

OP
    aressandro10

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    Yeah, we could maybe try to play the "off form" players in less crutial matches and see if they can do well enough to upgrade themselves into the "favoured starting 11" position.
    i disagree with that..IMO except maybe Italian cup matches which is aready regarded as the national trophy for the reserves, we should play with our best player available...

My opinion is we go with the flow.. while the current starting player is on form -Miccoli- , we stick we him...if maybe he done some slack in maybe two or 3 consecutive matches we give other alternatives -Del PIero- the trial...a test to win back his place..

of course Lippi can see also from training and contribution during subtitutions...

i think this is a nice way to spice up competetiveness in our team.. i think the lack of ideas in recent matches might also be coz the lack of cempetitive spirit in the team.. when one know that their place in the team is give by merit istead of by turn, the insecurity will subcontiously urged to generate ideas and perform better..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)