The YouTube/Video Junk Thread (8 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
But it has no negative aspects, people talking about this stuff means that people are actually talking about something important.
lol talking about doesn't mean shit. in 2 weeks they'll go to back to getting fed bullshit by mainstream news & media. talking about it isn't going to help those children taken either.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It will gain more media coverage, I know quite a lot of people who have bought the action kits. The world will by no means be worse off, they are contributing more than you for example.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It will gain more media coverage, I know quite a lot of people who have bought the action kits. The world will by no means be worse off, they are contributing more than you for example.
Contributing, yes I'm sure these people will personally hunt down an african warlord. If Obama already sent troops to look for him then not a lot more can be done.

I just googled that, wtf. 'People will think you’re an advocate of awesome. Everything you’ll need to take part in
our KONY 2012 campaign is included in this kit: an official campaign.' 'You can decorate yourself and the town with this one-stop shop.' wtf.

this is sick. you realise people are making money off this?

'All donations and purchases made fund Invisible Children's efforts to stop LRA violence in Central Africa and rehabilitate former child soldiers.'

Yeah maybe 10% off every purchase.

smart person (people) running it though, they definitely know how to manipulate people.

lol biggest scam ever.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Say it is 10%, that is still 10% more than these kids and communities get otherwise.
People are being mislead. There are probably a lot of people in western society that are buying this shit who don't have a lot of money themselves and are giving it to the people that run this scam. And why the fuck would you need to a kit or t-shirt to help a cause? maybe keep the african kids in work lol.

this is a massive facepalm.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Because profits from these kits are given to those communities? Because it spreads the word?
Actions speak louder than words. And just because money and donations are sent to these communities doesn't mean they get them. These are places in war and those african tribes/armies come in and take whatever they want. Ever seen the opening scene of Black Hawk Down?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Dude no shit, money fuels action, words fuel action. Fuck come on man.
No it's fucking bullshit. It's a fucking trend. It's not something started because someone really wanted this guy dead or captured, no you're hearing about it because of $$$$$. Don't be so naive.

Regardless, there are rumours he has been captured years ago and/or he's already been driven out of Uganda. I don't know what people are expecting....they expect the US to invade Uganda? Oh no fuck the government for iraq and afganistan but let's kill some africans. Look how hard it was to find Bin Laden. They're never going to find this guy.

But just tell me, what does talking about it do? Putting posters up? Call me retarded but I can't see how that will help get rid of kony. Awareness is for cancer and stuff like that, this is completely different. And 'Invisible Children' support the Ugandan army, which is not a role model army either, it's been accused of many war crimes. Not much better except for the fact that it doesn't enslave children (I think anyway).

It's fucking bullshit.

there's so much other shit going on too, what about a nation of starving of north koreans? No one seems to give too much of a fuck about that. It's all to do with ignorance.

wut. 'stop at nothing'. for one guy? yeah let's send in 100,000 troops into uganda killing thousands (if not millions) of innocent people.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
You do realise that newspaper is part of the video? he says "this is the aim". What is the negative aspect though? Are people who weren't aware of this before now aware? Just because it is mainstream does not mean it is stupid mate, come on. Talking gets people talking, people talking gets the media talking, this gets politicians talking. If people care enough they have to do something. Even if they do not the effort against Koney is now far better off. Fuck dude, come on.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You do realise that newspaper is part of the video? he says "this is the aim". What is the negative aspect though? Are people who weren't aware of this before now aware? Just because it is mainstream does not mean it is stupid mate, come on. Talking gets people talking, people talking gets the media talking, this gets politicians talking. If people care enough they have to do something. Even if they do not the effort against Koney is now far better off. Fuck dude, come on.
But what is the government going to do? Invade uganda? Seriously. You're not going to stop those guys through diplomatic means.

'If you want peace, prepare for war'.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Sending supplies, getting the UN involved more so, sending more advisor's, funding.
Perhaps the west should just leave it? Like they leave anything that doesn't make them money.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Sending supplies, getting the UN involved more so, sending more advisor's, funding.
Perhaps the west should just leave it? Like they leave anything that doesn't make them money.
As I said, a lot donations and funds end up getting to the rogue armies and warlords and end up helping and funding them.

Lol they've been in iraq and afghanistan for 10+ years now and look at the debt has been racked up because of it. But the west will get involved because if the people follow it and support it the government will go along with it to stay in power and be popular with the voters.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

my feelings summed up.
stopped listening after twenty seconds, people making every sentence into a question like that should have their larynx removed.

but yes, all this sudden attention being given to a problem that has been ongoing for a few decades is pretty shameless. I'm guessing this guy is a hipster right. everything about that video made me feel uncomfortable, it's nice that a light is being shone on the issue but it stinks if selfish self promotion to me. the part with his kid saying he wants to grow up and be like his dad, egotistical much?

America, Fuck Yeah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)