The Wrestling thread (8 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Happy for Sami. Thought Gable was going to be the one to do it but Sami deserves it after the last couple of years doing a great job with the bloodline story.
Now it's Cody vs Rock at SS?
If it is Cody vs Rock , then everyone will know that Cody will win. Can't have s 51 year old part timer as your champion.

I think it will be Cody vs. Seth. Seth will somehow blame Cody for him losing against McIntyre, even though Seth was the one who agreed to yhe Bloodline rules.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day, all that matters is CM Punk is back home

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Xperd

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
  • Thread Starter #442
    If it is Cody vs Rock , then everyone will know that Cody will win. Can't have s 51 year old part timer as your champion.

I think it will be Cody vs. Seth. Seth will somehow blame Cody for him losing against McIntyre, even though Seth was the one who agreed to yhe Bloodline rules.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day, all that matters is CM Punk is back home
    Another Seth-Cody feud would be boring af imo. Lost to him three times already. There's nothing new or fresh that's going to come out of their feud.

Cody needs new opponents. The one thing that we dint get to see in AEW but SHOULD happen in WWE is a CM Punk heel turn.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Another Seth-Cody feud would be boring af imo. Lost to him three times already. There's nothing new or fresh that's going to come out of their feud.

Cody needs new opponents. The one thing that we dint get to see in AEW but SHOULD happen in WWE is a CM Punk heel turn.
    Is CM Punk at this point reliable enough health wise to be able to carry a long standing feud?

On the Mic absolutely. I just don't know if his body will hold up.

It might have to be someone out of left field like a Bron Breaker. It could make sense. They could reference past heat between Dusty and the Steiner Brothers.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of these dudes are in their upper 30's and early 40 's including Rhodes, Zayn,McIntyre,Rollins LA Knight, Owens.

Going to have start pushing some of these young guys

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, if they get MJF then they have a young, ready made superstar

Last edited:
    OP
    Xperd

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
  • Thread Starter #444
    Is CM Punk at this point reliable enough health wise to be able to carry a long standing feud?

On the Mic absolutely. I just don't know if his body will hold up.

It might have to be someone out of left field like a Bron Breaker. It could make sense. They could reference past heat between Dusty and the Steiner Brothers.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of these dudes are in their upper 30's and early 40 's including Rhodes, Zayn,McIntyre,Rollins LA Knight, Owens.

Going to have start pushing some of these young guys

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, if they get MJF then they have a young, ready made superstar
    I agree but all those guys you mentioned are just getting started and have at least 3-4 good years left in them

Damian Priest, another guy in his late thirties, just became champion. Cody is now dubbed as the face of the company and will turn 40 in a year. LA knight is surely going to have his moment at some point in time and he's already in his 40s.

Guys like Bron can wait. If Vince was still here, he would've compromised on storytelling and just pushed big dudes like Bron into the main event scene. Just like Reigns in early/mid 2010s and look how that turned out.

It's a little bit different now. Young guys will be pushed eventually but not at the expense of compromising on the character development of some of these 'older' wrestlers they've heavily invested in. And definitely not on long term storytelling.

Punk's health is a concern but he should do a Roman style schedule imo. Turning heel kinda allows him to focus more on the mic and wrestle less but we'll have to wait and see I guess

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Grew up watching wrestling in the 90s and was lucky to be a huge fan during the Attitude era. Haven't watched anything since around 2003 but...

Watched last nights WrestleMania because of the good reviews and damn it's sad to see how bad it is now.

If that WrestleMania was considered a success then I really feel sorry for anyone who missed the Attitude era.

How the fuck did it get this bad?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Grew up watching wrestling in the 90s and was lucky to be a huge fan during the Attitude era. Haven't watched anything since around 2003 but...

Watched last nights WrestleMania because of the good reviews and damn it's sad to see how bad it is now.

If that WrestleMania was considered a success then I really feel sorry for anyone who missed the Attitude era.

How the fuck did it get this bad?
    The Attitude era was amazing living through it and experiencing it…but it was a product of its time.

A lot of it doesn’t hold up well watching it back 25 years later.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    The Attitude era was amazing living through it and experiencing it…but it was a product of its time.

A lot of it doesn’t hold up well watching it back 25 years later.
    Even the in ring action looked very poor though. Alot of standing and staring at each other with low risk moves. It reminded me of wrestling in the 70s and 80s.

The lack of great characters seems disappointing too. I definitely wasn't expecting it to be as wild as it used to be but I didn't expect it to be watered down that much.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    what?

wrestling was never this good in the attitude era. or even the ruthless aggression era. wrestling now has more moves and spots and technical skills than it did 10-50 years ago.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Even the in ring action looked very poor though. Alot of standing and staring at each other with low risk moves. It reminded me of wrestling in the 70s and 80s.

The lack of great characters seems disappointing too. I definitely wasn't expecting it to be as wild as it used to be but I didn't expect it to be watered down that much.
    what?

wrestling was never this good in the attitude era. or even the ruthless aggression era. wrestling now has more moves and spots and technical skills than it did 10-50 years ago.
    to clarify they don't do ( many) high risk moves anymore because they are publicly traded company. they can't take chair shots to head and bleed and thank goodness for that. thats why these old school wrestlers are broken so badly.

the wrestling itself it way better. no more 5 mins of wrestlers just doing headlocks. no more clotheslines and simple leg drops being the finishers of the top stars.

just look at stuff like this. you would never see shit like this in wwe 20 years ago or 30 years ago. and women's wrestling is actually good now instead of it just being strippers

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    Wrestling in general fits to this fake world about good as anything. Fake drama, fake stories, scripted fights etc. but in the end since we do not know the outcome and as far it comes to current storylines it's pretty damn entertaining tbh. Crossovers from the mainstream celebrities who actually can wrestle ain't that bad of a thing either. It's literally a place where limits do not exist as far the entertaiment comes. You can do such a stupid shit and it goes through and people love it.

STILL, anybody who says it's better than attitude era is out of their minds. Attitude era was the SHIT back then and every single kid, young adult or adults knew that pro wrestling was and it was literally hottest stuff around around the millenium. It was one of those mainstream pop culture phenomenoms. South park, eminem, matrix, wwf and list goes on and on. Biggest stars like Austin was everywhere and he was probably one of the most known celebrities in the world at that time. Nowdays stars ain't known from WWE, like Logan Paul or the The Rock, but more of outside of it. They're brining the attention from the outer world to inside of the WWE ring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)