The World's Best Starting XI. (1 Viewer)

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
--------------------------------buffon

---puyol--------nesta----------------ferdinand-----------cole/zambrotta

---------------------------vieira-------------------------------------------

---joaquin---------------------------------------------robben/nedved

--------------------------ronaldinho----------------------------

---------------henry--------------schevchenko

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
cole is okay going forward but defensively he can't read situations whatsoever and tackles badly most of the time.okay,so zambrotta ain't the greatest of defenders either,but at least he makes up for it with tremendous workrate and an indomitable fighting spirit.

that said,we are talking about the best starting XI here,not which player we'd like juve to buy.Maldini is the best,37 years old or not.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #124
    "Other teams: Real because of Zidane and Beckham
    Favorite player(s): Buffon, Del Piero, Thuram, Puyol, Beckham, Aimar, Zidane, Robino, Ronaldinho, Henry, Vieira, Tevez"

Found in "Buffonisgod"'s profile, Beckham is about as good as a two-legged, 14-year-old mare trying to run the Kentucky Derby.

Ohh, and Real are horrid, a team from my German Bundesliga (Bayer Leverkusen), whored them in the opening matchday this year.

PS - Isn't it "Robinho," not "Robino?" We are talking about the 20 yr. old striker from Santos, right?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++

Yea, I can see where you can think that Cole has a better tackle, and by better tackle I mean a better chance of severing off an opponent's leg with his horrendous deffensive skills, then yes, you are correct.
    He's better at that too, but honestly I don't see what's so special about Zambrotta nowadays. He was brilliant last season and excellent at Euro 2004 as well, but he hasn't been the same since Capello took over. He doesn't go on those trademark marauding runs anymore, not for Juve anyways. He was excellent for Italy in a recent game (can't remember against who) but hardly does any attacking for us which leaves me to believe that Don Fabio has given him different instructions to what Lippi previously did.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yes, that's right Stu. Capello has implemented a whole new system which is based on defensive balance. Still, I would take Zambrotta over Cole any day of the week.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Here is my world allstar XI:

-------------Henry-----Shevchenko--------

------------Ronaldinho----Totti---Joaquin------------

------------------------Vieira-----------------------

------Zambrotta--Thuram---Cannavaro--J.Zanetti-

------------------------Buffon------------------

Dont argue, its the best :D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I admit, Nedved would fit there, and Maldini - Nesta too. R.Carlos too maybe, but this is my Shiznit !!! :p

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

Ummm, maybe, but he might die of old age on the pitch, plus he doesn't have the pace anymore.
    But you have to admit, Maldini is still playing better than most defenders out there.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    buffon
    zambrotta - nesta - cannavaro - maldini

Camoranesi - vieira - van der vaart

ronaldinho

Henry - adriano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)