The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Is he a better defensive midfielder than Melo?
The only way I'd think Melo being sold would be justifiable is if with some of that money we bring in Fernando and then the other part of it to finance another player. A straight swap between Melo and Fernando doesn't cut it, and if we sell Melo for less than we buy Fernando I'll be fucking pissed off.

Jul 1, 2010
New line-up(I know, I make hundreds of line-up but well, this is what this thread is for I guess)

Coach: Didier Deschamps

Buffon
Cassani-Bonucci-Chiellini-Tremoulinas
Aquilani-Melo-Marchisio
Krasic-Matri-Hazard
In: Cassani(6M+Amauri), Tremoulinas(14M), Hazard(25M).

Redeem:Matri, Quagliarella, Sorensen, Aquilani

Out: Pepe, Motta, Grosso, Grygera, Martinez, Sissoko, Amauri, Iaquinta, Giovinco=~20 M

Cassani and Tremoulinas are excellent and Hazard has world class potential. I would buy a 4th CM to replace Sissoko or perhaps go with a youngster(Marrone, Ekdal, etc.)
I think that this is realistic. I don't see our board spend more than that(I did not count the redeeming costs) since we are indebted and I think that it would be solid.

Jul 1, 2010
That's only 55M, we should push for Benzema too if that's the case and make Matri and Benzema push hard for the starting spot.
We are now about 50M euros in the red. I see the 100M investment be used to solve this problem and the rest(~50M) for transfers.

I don't think for a second that we will spend 100 M euros on transfers only.

Jul 1, 2010
That's true. Matri and Quag can battle it out too I guess.
And Toni has showed that he can be very useful coming off the bench also. I think that this line up could do well and secure the 3rd place if managed well.

We should do exactly like Moggi and Capello told us, which is spending wisely on 2-3 champions. Hazard is a champion and Tremoulinas and Cassani are excellent fullbacks(I rate them very highly). We should play it smartly, for a change.

Managed properly and playing with competent players, I see Aquilani doing very well like in the first half of the season. Krasic would also benefit greatly from Hazard because this would mean that the play would not always be on his side, giving him room and less cover. Cassani and Tremoulinas are great defensively and going forward and Marchisio is actually decent in a 3 man midfield(not in a 4-4-2 though).

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
And Toni has showed that he can be very useful coming off the bench also. I think that this line up could do well and secure the 3rd place if managed well.

We should do exactly like Moggi and Capello told us, which is spending wisely on 2-3 champions. Hazard is a champion and Tremoulinas and Cassani are excellent fullbacks(I rate them very highly). We should play it smartly, for a change.

Managed properly and playing with competent players, I see Aquilani doing very well like in the first half of the season. Krasic would also benefit greatly from Hazard because this would mean that the play would not always be on his side, giving him room and less cover. Cassani and Tremoulinas are great defensively and going forward and Marchisio is actually decent in a 3 man midfield(not in a 4-4-2 though).
I hope Marotta goes into this summer mercato with the idea of finding a couple of champions, because if he does this mediocre depth shit again we're finished.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not sure how one can say Cassani and Tremoulinas are champions though. Those would consist of Evra, Cole, Ivanovic, et cetera. Plus I wouldn't say Tremoulinas is "great" defensively -- Cissokho is better, for instance.

If we really do have a decent inflow of cash from transfers and investment, and I wanted to build a solid but realistic team for Serie A (Serie A, not Europe), this would be it.

Buffon

Isla - Bonucci - Chiellini - Cissokho

Lass - Melo - Marchisio

Krasic - Quag/Matri - Hazard (or Sanchez)

The team would be rather dull in midfield, but hard to break down, especially with Lass in there. We'd probably sit back to my dismay, but on the counter we could be lethal. That's four new players that would instantly improve our side.

Jul 1, 2010
I'm not sure how one can say Cassani and Tremoulinas are champions though. Those would consist of Evra, Cole, Ivanovic, et cetera. Plus I wouldn't say Tremoulinas is "great" defensively -- Cissokho is better, for instance.

If we really do have a decent inflow of cash from transfers and investment, and I wanted to build a solid but realistic team for Serie A (Serie A, not Europe), this would be it.

Buffon

Isla - Bonucci - Chiellini - Cissokho

Lass - Melo - Marchisio

Krasic - Quag/Matri - Hazard (or Sanchez)

The team would be rather dull in midfield, but hard to break down, especially with Lass in there. We'd probably sit back to my dismay, but on the counter we could be lethal. That's four new players that would instantly improve our side.
Well, Cassani is the best RB in Serie A and Tremoulinas is excellent. Not quite champions perhaps but close to that level imo.

I like your team though.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Beggars can't be choosers. Because whether it be Tremoulinas or Cissokho, they're both pipe dreams. We'll end up with Beck and Ziegler.

Jul 1, 2010
Beggars can't be choosers. Because whether it be Tremoulinas or Cissokho, they're both pipe dreams. We'll end up with Beck and Ziegler.
Stop being so bloody negative. I think that Andrea Agnelli made several mistakes last summer(Marotta, Del Neri) but I don't doubt that he wants a winning team. This guy is not an idiot and I am sure that he realized that we need champions, not mediocre players like Pepe.

Beck is a very good player. Ziegler is average though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)