The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Chamakh is not good enough to play for a big team. He is a downgrade on Iaquinta btw, he'd do well for a Tottenham or an Aston Villa. But he does not deserve the hype he is getting now.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Chamakh is not good enough to play for a big team. He is a downgrade on Iaquinta btw, he'd do well for a Tottenham or an Aston Villa. But he does not deserve the hype he is getting now.
lol, I knew you would say this Fred...the guy has been pretty well recently, don't you think? he's definitely added to his game, he isn't just good in the air anymore

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
If we keep our present formation, to which Ferrara convinced himself it seems (and playing Tiago as a winger does say he convinced himself to the formation), Chamakh would be completely useless for us. After releasing Trezeguet, we won't need any new striker for the one starting spot.
A winger, preferably that could play on both sides, on the other hand, will be a must and for his sevices we should allocate the money Trez will free from the wage bill. I don't want to see De Ceglie as our left-sided alternative for Giovinco, he adds nothing to the team every time he's playing this season, while on the right Camoranesi can get injured or suspended at any time.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
If we keep our present formation, to which Ferrara convinced himself it seems (and playing Tiago as a winger does say he convinced himself to the formation), Chamakh would be completely useless for us. After releasing Trezeguet, we won't need any new striker for the one starting spot.
A winger, preferably that could play on both sides, on the other hand, will be a must and for his sevices we should allocate the money Trez will free from the wage bill. I don't want to see De Ceglie as our left-sided alternative for Giovinco, he adds nothing to the team every time he's playing this season, while on the right Camoranesi can get injured or suspended at any time.
A winger is definitely a must, for the reason you mentioned, and that should be our priority over a striker. I've said so a few times, we're definitely screwed when either Gio or Camo aren't there.

Thing is though; Iaquinta isn't a real finisher and Amauri is somewhere in between. When playing with only one striker you need a Trez-type poacher, a player like Dzeko. I'm not sure Amauri is deadly enough to bang in 20+. I agree that it's become less of an urgent matter though.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Good points RVialli.

Don't know if we can find a winger who can play both sides. Del Piero will probably still play so he'd rotate with Giovinco while De Ceglie would still be there. I think I'd still go after Krasic to cover the right side which is more important than the left.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Iaquinta isn't even a good player

I disagree. I think he's a good player. For a guy thats supposed to play second fiddle, he is a very good option. Hard worker with bags of pace that could cause any team problems. You won't find many teams with strikers better than him on the bench.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Iaquinta isn't even a good player
Iaquinta is a very good player, he just isn't world class. He is a great 4th choice striker and when on form (like the end of last season) he can be brilliant. His inconsistency, lack of ball skills and habit of missing guilt edged opportunities when not on good form hold him back from being a starter. I like Iaquinta and I hope he stays as a sub, can't find a better striker who is willing to be benched regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)