The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (65 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
We are going to need at least 4 players I am assuming next summer: replacements for DP and Trez, a new CB possibly to replace Canna and a RB.

Pandev maybe for free that would give us cash to blow on the other 3 players. Either way, it is going to be tough to find and afford adequate replacements to fit the shoes they will be replacing.

Possibilities:
Pandev, Kjaer, G.Rossi, Dzeko, Augero, not sure about a RB....but we need to take into consideration A) How much we will be able to spend next year, and B) Who will be good enough to fill the gaps left by the players they will be replacing.
We wont need two players to replace DP and Trezeget. We already have Giovinco who can replace DP, so that means that we will need only one striker....That is why i think that Giovinco will stay in Juve.....not only stay but be a very important player for us from next season on.....

As for the other part, you are right...

P.S. I would loooooove to see my boy Pandev in Juve :D

Jul 15, 2006
Eduardo Aushim? You mean our Eduardo?

No chance :D
Absolutely. There's only one Eduardo I'll take. ;)

Ya definitely. If Pandev was for free he would be a safer bet. But i was comparing them in terms of quality.
No doubt, quality wise. Yes, but it would be wiser to get Pandev because he'd have to force his way into the team similar to what Davii is having to do now.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Vucinic> Pandev
I like both a lot and i like then equally.
Both aren't scoring a lot. Pandev scores 10-15 goals in serie A every year, Vucinic is the same, maybe even with a little worse record than Pandev.
Both are playing their best matches exactly against the strongest teams (both score the goals for their NT's against the strongest teams, like Holland, Spain, Italy etc), both were great in Europe with their clubs (Pandev scored 3 goals against Real Madrid in CL 2 years ago and scored against the other teams in the group, Vucinic scored against Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid).
In serie A they usually play great against the big teams. Pandev is simply unstoppable for Juve defenders while Vucinic is always killing Milan.

They're same age and they're both great dribblers and physically very strong (too hard to take the ball from them, they cover it perfectly, especially Pandev).
Vucinic is much faster and is much better in the air, Pandev is a better playmaker and has a better vision. Vucinic is getting injured pretty often, while Pandev's stamina is questionable because he's always "dying" after 70 minutes of play.

Vucinic has bigger experience in Europe, because Roma are CL regulars while Lazio made it only once to CL in the last years, and that's the main advantage he has. When you take everything else into concideration, they're at the same level imo.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yep, I'd be delighted with either player...I think Mirko has a lot more to offer if he is played as a striker...his skills are wasted in the wide left position he used to play under Spalletti

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Vucinic is also the better dribbler. Something i don't like about Pandev is that he can go missing in a match for too long, sure he comes up with a moment of magic some time during the game, but overall he could go missing too much in a game.

Vucinic is also more versatile, he has shown that he can play in more than one position, as he has been deployed many times on the left wing for Roma and has done reasonably well there.

Delio Rossi tried Pandev as an attacking midfielder last year with Zarate and Rocchi ahead of him, i didn't think Pandev did too well there.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Vucinic is also the better dribbler.
Maybe, but it's a close call because both are excellent dribblers.
Something i don't like about Pandev is that he can go missing in a match for too long,
I agree, but it has more to do with the team they're playing for. Roma was one of the best 2-3 teams in Italy and they played attacking football where everyone in midfield and attack was involved a lot in the game. Lazio under Delio Rossi were a different team. When in possession, Pandev was always active.
I watched Pandev for Macedonia (and i will do the same right now because Macedonia plays Scotland) and he's active throughout the 90 minutes (he plays AMC for them)
Vucinic is also more versatile, he has shown that he can play in more than one position, as he has been deployed many times on the left wing for Roma and has done reasonably well there.

Delio Rossi tried Pandev as an attacking midfielder last year with Zarate and Rocchi ahead of him, i didn't think Pandev did too well there.
With this i agree, but i don't believe either of them is great when played out of position.

When choosing between Vucinic and Pandev the most important thing will be to see what does the team need more. If it's a prima punta then i'd go for Vucinic, if it's a support striker i'd choose Pandev.
If you ignore the needs of the team, then for me it will be impossible to choose one of them (if they cost the same).
But i can't disagree with anyone who'll prefer Vucinic over Pandev or vice versa. :)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't think Pandev is even close to Vucinic in terms of dribbling actually. Sure Pandev is a decent dribbler, but Mirko goes on those marauding runs where he dribbles one or two defenders almost every game. I don't see Pandev doing that as much as Mirko does.

I personally don't rate Pandev as highly as some of you here do. He's talented but i still don't think he's good enough to be a starter for any big team. IMO if he were to move to Juve, he would be a squad player at best.

Edit: Will watch the Macedonia - Scotland game now. Just to see how Pandev does for his NT :p

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Zarate for example is a much better player than Pandev. :agree:
Zarate would cost at least 30m, fuck that!

Although Gio is his heir, You can't replace DP :ultra:

at this moment in time it loooks like we'll need;
  • One striker- to replace trez
  • One Right Back- depending on PDC's progress a LB too.
  • One Central Defender- a young central defender >25 yrs old

I would like to see youngsters brought up from youth teams or brought in for the Centre Midefield creative role and the Diego role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)